Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do we drop in the offseason? The people who have had the most DNP and least amount of minutes are:

PG - Daniel Ewing
SF - James Singleton
SF - Walter McCarty
PF - Vin Baker
C - Boniface N'Dong

(I did not include Yaroslav Korolev because there would be no chance that we would release him)

With two draft picks coming in, including a quality 2nd-Rounder from Charlotte, it would seem one or more players are going to be released or not resigned. Thoughts?

(Personally I would like to see Ewing and Singleton return and atleast finish their contracts leaving us losing McCarty, Baker and N'Dong)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Baker had his last decent season 5 years ago. He will be 35 in November of this year, I'd say drop him. Baaaasketball has been berry berry good to him.

Ewing is a nice guy to have around backing up Cassel and Livingston.

Singleton is a good player, but not a Dunleavy guy. I would try and trade him rather than make it work with Dun.

I don't see much point in keeping N'Dong...

Just Ewing for me thanks.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
qrich1fan said:
Keep Ewing please. Kid's nice

Yup, im glad im not the only one that sees it :( it seems as if his confidence has gone down

since he has gotten less time.....but i feel with the confidence back hes a keeper :)

and i say drop Vin and Ndong, and maaaaaybe Walta hahahah James is cool but i mean he is seldom

used now...he is a great rebounded...and thats pretty much as far as it goes...James would be a close 2nd to keep

if i pick only one they keep

i say Daniel Ewing KEEP HIM PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Singleton is the ideal Dunleavy player. He works hard, he's tough, he plays defense, and he rebounds.

He's jut not playing much because of our depth and the fact that he is a rookie.

He is a great role player and must be kept. Plus, he is signed for two more years. He will be back.

Ewing will be back too.

Other than that, it really doesn't matter. McCarty probably won't be back. N'Dong might, just because he can play C and doesn't mind being the last guy on the team. Baker was only signed for short term depth. He's probbly gone as well.

Therei s no guarantee we have two rookies on our team next year. We have two second round picks, and may land a first rounder. If its just second rounders, there is no guarantee either makes the team. Also, we'll probably try and draft a Euro to keep overseas. The late second rounder is a shot in the dark, it probably wouldnt even make the team.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Singleton & Ewing, both have produced well when given the chance (especially when you consider they're Undrafted & 2nd round).

And i don't see how we have any 1st round picks this year? Our Minnesota pick will be unprotected next year, and we traded our 1st rounder to the Nets right? All i count is our own 2nd & Charlotte's 2nd.

Our team would be great if we just kept it together:

C: Kaman -> Rebraca
PF: Brand -> Singleton
SF: Maggette -> Radmanovich
SG: Mobley -> Ross (Ewing)
PG: Livingston -> Cassell (Ewing)

Our bench would have the offensive punch we need next year without benching Maggette, Radmanovich/Cassell can both explode off the bench. Defensively we'd have options with Singleton/Ross/Ewing.

Just bring over Sofo and we'll be alright...

·
Registered
982 Posts
The Minny pick is only Top 10 protected, but it is protected for quite some time.

As of right now, they pick 10th. If someone below them gets lucky and moves up in the lottery, we'd get the pick.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Go Yarik!! :D

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
the Clippers never seem to draft a superstar or even someone that can contribute to the team

hahaha

so...i say trade the picks or something and get an established player....

unless they really think they can find someone that can help right away....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.