Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of interesting stuff:

The complicated, Princeton-style offense that Washington Wizards Coach Eddie Jordan helped implement and perfect as an assistant coach with the two-time, defending Eastern Conference champion New Jersey Nets has been drastically curtailed over the past few weeks because of fluctuating lineups and certain Wizards players' inability to grasp its concepts.
"A coach's responsibility is to adjust to his talent, and good coaches adjust to their teams. The system teaches you how to play without the basketball. The system teaches you how to help a teammate. It teaches you how to create spacing and how to play the two-man game on one side of the floor and the three-man game on the other side of the floor. Hopefully those principles will carry over to what we're doing now."

Brown, who has scored in double figures for seven straight games, has never been a fan of the system, which required him to line up on the wing at times, instead of the low post, where he said he feels most comfortable. He said Jordan should be credited for being flexible enough to change the system.

"The personnel we have, I don't think we can run that offense as smoothly as he wants," Brown said. "When it works it works good but we weren't running it that well. As a coach he's got to make the adjustment and he made the adjustment and we've been able to win some games. It makes it easier for me because I don't have to keep cutting and slashing." . . .
Every time I see Kwame open his mouth I don't like the way he says things, but I do think it's a good thing that the coach is recognizing the strengths of the team and going to them.

I also like the way Kwame's playing at center, something I've much desired to see. :yes:

·
Registered
996 Posts
that comment isn't too bad, he just should've focused on the positive more, again i just think he was trying to complement eddie, give him a break.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts