Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are basketball and fans and watch the cavs. Ive noticed the play that they run alot, and its killer. You cant stop it. It was ran with Hughes/Marshall/Henderson about 5 times in a row to perfection.

The ball was given to Hughes on the left wing, the post players make a back pick for each other then come up to make a double screen (standing side-by-side) for hughes, he then takes the ball to the middle of the lane. Then one of the post players slips to the three point line (marshall) the other slips to the basket. While the other wing man (DJ,Bron,Jackson) are setting up in the opposite corner for the three ball.

The first time he took it there he took it all the way for a running jumper (basket good)
The second time he came around the screen and tossed it back to Marshall for the 3 ball. (good)
The third time he took it around the screen, and the defenders cheated thinking he was going to throw it back to Marshall for the three ball, but a great bounce pass finds Henderson for the dunk. (basket good)

This was something you never never never saw from Silas, i cant remember i play every being run with him. Lebron would jsut create and hope for the best.

Maybe its just me that saw this happen 3 positions in a row, but its a great play, and for the first time ive actually seen a play run in the NBA to profection, something other than just athletic ability taking over.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
That play was great. I was thinking to myself when I watched the game Why arent they running that the whole time. It worked perfectly and I wonder if LeBron will run it some times. The Grizzlies just looked totally lost when we ran it.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Did Silas call plays last year?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Silas had one play. To begin the 1st quarter, you throw it into Zydrunas and let him shoot it (don't cut to make youself available for a pass).

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
remy23 said:
Silas had one play. To begin the 1st quarter, you throw it into Zydrunas and let him shoot it (don't cut to make youself available for a pass).
LOL. I suddenly remember another "play" Silas like to run. Give Lebron the ball at the top of the three point line and have him figure it out: no picks and no cutters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts