Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the pass two weeks, Amare, Wade and LeBron have a difficult time to play Rockets.

Field Goal %

Amare: 40% - 9 of 23 shots in 41 minutes (homecourt)

Wade: 21% - 4 of 19 shots in 42 minutes

LeBron 32% - 7 of 22 shots in 42 minutes

If you are superstars, you need to be able to play against defensive team.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
John Weisbrod: Superstar is defined by win, and by making your teammates better.

Ballscientist: Superstar is unstoppable. If somebody can stop you, then you are not a superstar.

·
Registered
427 Posts
People give players the superstar label too quickly. They don't have to earn it anymore. A lot players have the potential to be superstars. But a lot of them don't ever make it to the superstar level.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Amare always has problem against the bigger, true centers in the league. He thanks his lucky stars that there aren't too many of them in this league. There are really only 3 centers who give him trouble: Yao, Shaq, and Z. Amare always has problems when matched up against Yao, and it's interesting because they're from the same draft class and he came away with ROY.

I'm not too sure what Wade and Lebron's troubles were. Perhaps a coincidence, despite the fact that rockets are a good defensive team. I think Lebron was due to have a bad shooting night. He had been playing some amazing basketball and it was only a matter of time before he came back down to earth. I think after you score 56pts with the defense collapsing on you all the time, you're bound to have a subpar shooting night. As for Wade, I really don't know.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Premier said:
Michael Jordan wasn't a superstar?
Jordan was unbelievable when I watched him play long time ago. He would have scored 60 [email protected]% if he had played against current Rockets --- Paggette, Spoon, Yao and T-Mac.....

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Amare: Lack of polished post up moves.
Lebron: not exactly a good jumpshooter.
Wade: Lack of size to finish better around the basketball, even though he's pretty good at it. and not a very good shooter either.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Sith said:
Lebron: not exactly a good jumpshooter.
from what i've seen recently, this is not true at all. he's actually a very good jumpshooter now.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Ballscientist said:
For the pass two weeks, Amare, Wade and LeBron have a difficult time to play Rockets.

Field Goal %

Amare: 40% - 9 of 23 shots in 41 minutes (homecourt)

Wade: 21% - 4 of 19 shots in 42 minutes

LeBron 32% - 7 of 22 shots in 42 minutes

If you are superstars, you need to be able to play against defensive team.
If I were a statistics teacher I would have to kill you. Don't you understand that a sample size of 1 means absolutely and completely nothing? By the way.. the last time Amare faced the Heat he put up 34 points on 13-19 shooting. And don't tell me Shaq isn't a great center!!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
tempe85 said:
If I were a statistics teacher I would have to kill you. Don't you understand that a sample size of 1 means absolutely and completely nothing? By the way.. the last time Amare faced the Heat he put up 34 points on 13-19 shooting. And don't tell me Shaq isn't a great center!!
well, you can also make it a sample of n=3 depending on how you look at it, but it still doesnt mean you can infer much.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Yep, pulling the game stats for three players against a particular team does not really tell much more than what those players did in those three games.

G-Force

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
To be fair. The last time Lebron played the rockets they broke his face.

And even though his shot wasn't falling, he did have 8 assists and 4 boards. Superstars impact the game through more than their scoring. I didn't check Wade's numbers, but I'd imagine he also impacted the game on more than one level.

But point taken. The Rockets are a good defensive team.

(though one would like to see a larger sample size than one game and 17 minutes).

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tempe85 said:
I need to make it clear.

Don't misunderstand me. Without a doubt, they are the top 10 offensive players in the entire NBA, but they have weakness which is to play Rockets, the defensive team.

Heat are not that good in defense.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Ballscientist said:
I need to make it clear.

Don't misunderstand me. Without a doubt, they are the top 10 offensive players in the entire NBA, but they have weakness which is to play Rockets, the defensive team.

Heat are not that good in defense.
heat may not be a good defensive team, but whose better

Fat Daddy or EBA

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
c_dog said:
from what i've seen recently, this is not true at all. he's actually a very good jumpshooter now.
Definitely very improved, but he still needs to keep working on it.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
weakness to play the rockets?
We beat them by 9pts in their first game and they beat us by 2pts in te 2nd.

We got beaten because of the old Mt.Mutombo and turnovers.

Anyways Wade had 30pts in their first game.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Max Payne said:
Definitely very improved, but he still needs to keep working on it.
The most improved part of his game this season, IMHO. The kid's got range on that fadeaway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts