Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, year five of rebuilding , and I still feel comfortable starting a game thread to watch prospects...more then a little upsetting.

Still, word is Pax might make the game to watch Emeka. I have been praising the likes of Charlie Villanueva for way too long now, and Ben Gordon is a legit pro prospect. Though, I definitely don't see him being drafted forth like my brotherin at nbadraft.net.

Should be a hell of game: basketball and scouting wise.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
i wont be able to watch it, please give me your guys feeback when you can

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Gordon is the best player in college bar none and this is coming from an avid college basketball fan and watcher.

He will have an instant impact in the NBA.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Awesome. Go OU!

This will be my first time to watch OU this season. See what kind of team Kelvin Sampson is putting out there this year. If past years are any indication it's going to be a rough physical game.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Go UConn.

Will be REALLY interesting to see what Villanueva does against some serious competition. This guy is JYD deluxe, he cleans the boards and dunks it all day.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give Okafor this must--he can run the break!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Okafor nasty block, Gordon travels. ZZzzzz....

21-10 UConn

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Is Pax there???

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Okafor is a special shotblocker. He's not just blocking shots. He's blocking them to teammates.

Not something you see much of anymore.

OU needs a basket. Badly. They can't even get dunks to go down right now.

It's like I'm watching a bulls game.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man this UConn team must have four or five different pro players on the roster. They just bring players in waves. I feel like I am sipping a really quality bottle of wine before it has matured. They are going to be sick as the season wares on.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
Gordon is the best player in college bar none and this is coming from an avid college basketball fan and watcher.
Okafor is, IMO.

He will have an instant impact in the NBA.
Probably, but he's gotta show he can do more things than just score. I know he can handle, but can he create something besides a shot at the pro level?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
a friend of mine just emailed me to tell me Okafor just had a slam at the end of the first half saying that even though it was effortless, he was way above the rim. can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
OU is not nearly as good as their ranking. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for them as I do all Big XII non-con games (except Missouri), but they're about the most boring and lethargic team in the country to watch. As usual, they can't score. And they can't defend UCONN's guards from either shooting or penetrating.

Okafor, to borrow an expression used to describe Shaq at the NBA level, "distorts the game".

Villanueva is overhyped, IMO. Not as athletic as people give him credit for, but he does have great coordination, a good shot and nice court vision. Right now, he's a poor man's college-level Lamar Odom with a bad attitude.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
OU is not nearly as good as their ranking. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for them as I do all Big XII non-con games (except Missouri), but they're about the most boring and lethargic team in the country to watch. As usual, they can't score. And they can't defend UCONN's guards from either shooting or penetrating.

Okafor, to borrow an expression used to describe Shaq at the NBA level, "distorts the game".

Villanueva is overhyped, IMO. Not as athletic as people give him credit for, but he does have great coordination, a good shot and nice court vision. Right now, he's a poor man's college-level Lamar Odom with a bad attitude.
VV, i always respect your opinion. Can you elaborate on "distort the game"? I am unable to watch this game

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
a friend of mine just emailed me to tell me Okafor just had a slam at the end of the first half saying that even though it was effortless, he was way above the rim. can someone confirm this?
Yes. His head was near rim level when he threw it down, and it appeared as if he was still elevating as he jammed it home. Effortless is a good way to describe it. The kid's got an insane combination of strength and athleticism.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

Yes. His head was near rim level when he threw it down, and it appeared as if he was still elevating as he jammed it home. Effortless is a good way to describe it. The kid's got an insane combination of strength and athleticism.
If your Pax, do you take the rlucas opinion of taking him, and then dealing either Curry or Chandler?

This kid is a freak athelitically, but is so smart. He can beat you 2 ways. Someone on the NBA draft thread said he is to the 4 spot what Kirk is to the guard spot. I wont explain it, but it makes some sense

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

VV, i always respect your opinion. Can you elaborate on "distort the game"? I am unable to watch this game
Generally speaking, every shot that OU puts up is contested by Okafor. It's just nuts. He either blocks it or forces a horrible shot from whoever is shooting (either his man or someone else's -- doesn't matter). OU's guards don't know what to do when they get in the lane, because they know their stuff will get swatted. OU's offense is atrocious, and this is mostly due to Okafor. OU shot 8-34 from the field in the first half, and OU's three main bigs are a combined 2-11.

Basically, it's domination on the part of UCONN and Okafor.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
So...

-We pick Okafor
-Trade Chandler, Re-Signed Crawford and E-Rob to Seattle for Rashard Lewis and Radmanovic
-Try to lure "Q". This move seems almost impossible, but the guy`is from here (I believe). Sterling has finally commited to "winning" so Q is a keeper
-Sign Ostertag

C: Curry/Ostertag/Blount
PF: Okafor/Radmanovic/Blount
SF: Lewis/JYD/Pippen
SG: Q/Gill (?)
PG: Hinrich/ ?

We must do something about AD. A small plan.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts