Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

Villanueva is overhyped, IMO. Not as athletic as people give him credit for, but he does have great coordination, a good shot and nice court vision. Right now, he's a poor man's college-level Lamar Odom with a bad attitude.
This must be a shot at me, because I think I am the only one hyping him.

I will say this, Charlie has no idea how to play within the framework of an offense, yet. He shot is miles better from where I saw it last year and he can get to the hoop, but he just doesn't know how to move off the ball yet.

Though CV's defense is really surprising me. Uconn is using him under the basket playing pf on D (even though there playing him away from the basket on O). He is giving help D much like Okafor. He length and quick jumping is really frustrating OU's guards. He also has good man skills. I like the way he moves his feet and he seems to have that agressive D mind-set that separates the good from the mediocre. I'll write more later.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

If your Pax, do you take the rlucas opinion of taking him, and then dealing either Curry or Chandler?

This kid is a freak athelitically, but is so smart. He can beat you 2 ways. Someone on the NBA draft thread said he is to the 4 spot what Kirk is to the guard spot. I wont explain it, but it makes some sense
Yes, and agreed. Okafor is a freaking brain surgeon on (and off) the court, and his effort is never less than 100%. He's a monster.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Talent wise this has to be one of the best college teams I've ever seen. They remind me a lot of Sacremento in that they don't really have much of a formal offense to lay back on. You can tell Jim Calhoun spends the energy on the defensive end of the ball and these players are so talented that points just come. They're so deep...

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Some of Okafor's game reminds me of Ewing... theres that short floating jump shot. Much like patrick he really reaks havoc off the ball just by his positioning as well. THough, he has more quickness and less size. Maybe a Ben Wallace/Ewing cross?

THough I'm not quite sure if I agree with the Rlucas trade idea. I see Okafor Chandler being a pretty lateral move in that Ty is a little taller and better boarder while Okafor is better off the ball.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!

This must be a shot at me, because I think I am the only one hyping him.
Absolutely not. Actually, I was directing my comments at all the recruiting services and everyone who thought he was a 1st round pick last year. There were some people who said he was lottery material, that he was the next coming of Lamar Odom/Darius Miles, and I just didn't see it. No biggie.

You gave a masterful evaluation of Hinrich during the preseason, when there were a lot of doubters, C.C.C.P. I trust your observations. We just differ in opinion here a bit.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Could Okafor be the reincarnation of Bill Russell? Or at least the poor man's version of?

Basically OU can do nothing inside. And they can't shoot from outside. So they've got nothing.

That said. I'm going to be very interested to see how UConn plays UNC next week. Okafor vs. May. That should be a better test of Okafor than this game.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Okafor will absolutely murder May. Bank on it. May's got a much better offensive game than Jabahri Brown and more moves and range than Kevin Bookout, but he has much less athleticism than the former and less strength/force than the latter.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Is anyone going to beat this team? I don't see it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
So...

-We pick Okafor
-Trade Chandler, Re-Signed Crawford and E-Rob to Seattle for Rashard Lewis and Radmanovic
-Try to lure "Q". This move seems almost impossible, but the guy`is from here (I believe). Sterling has finally commited to "winning" so Q is a keeper
-Sign Ostertag

C: Curry/Ostertag/Blount
PF: Okafor/Radmanovic/Blount
SF: Lewis/JYD/Pippen
SG: Q/Gill (?)
PG: Hinrich/ ?

We must do something about AD. A small plan.
Seattle trading Lewis and Radmanovic for E-Rob, Crawford and Chandler? Why pray tell would Seattle be that stupid? They are giving up two all-star caliber SF's, for what? Not much IMO.

These kinds of trades are incredibly unrealistic.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Okafor will absolutely murder May. Bank on it. May's got a much better offensive game than Jabahri Brown and more moves and range than Kevin Bookout, but he has much less athleticism than the former and less strength/force than the latter.
Sean May is a better player than those two combined. OU is extremely overrated and all it took was them playing a good team to prove it. Beating Big 10 teams by close margins isn't going to do it this year.

And I still stand by Gordon. He is the most unguardable guy on the college level and can get his shot against anyone. As this guy is proving he can create for his teammates off the bounce and with the bullet pass. He will be fine.

He will be an All-star caliber guard in the NBA. I have no doubt.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
WTF, give us our game back. Do they just cut away like that?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!

Seattle trading Lewis and Radmanovic for E-Rob, Crawford and Chandler? Why pray tell would Seattle be that stupid? They are giving up two all-star caliber SF's, for what? Not much IMO.

These kinds of trades are incredibly unrealistic.

Thanks, I didnt know Radmanovic was a star. Wow, I also didnt know that Seattle were that bad considering that they have 3 All-Stars (Allen, Radmanovic and Lewis).
Lewis and Radmanovic 2 All-Stars...Crawford is a HOFer

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!
WTF, give us our game back. Do they just cut away like that?
I hate it when they do that. I know it's a blowout but it's a great chance to scout potential prospects on the best team in America. I'm so sick of seeing Indiana games. I swear Indiana has been on 10 times already this year. I'm sick of seeing that underachieving team and their overhyped players.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts

He will be an All-star caliber guard in the NBA. I have no doubt.
But you had major doubts about Hinrich.....:D

Kidding.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!

Thanks, I didnt know Radmanovic was a star. Wow, I also didnt know that Seattle were that bad considering that they have 3 All-Stars (Allen, Radmanovic and Lewis).
Lewis and Radmanovic 2 All-Stars...Crawford is a HOFer
I said All-Star caliber, not that they were all-stars. They are still young guys but they have proven more than Crawford and Chandler.

It doesn't matter as Seattle would never do a trade like that period.

Plus: Seattle has a winning record in the West, what do the Bulls have 12-25 in the East.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Michigan losing on their home court to Indiana.....:rolleyes:

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts

But you had major doubts about Hinrich.....:D

Kidding.
Not really major doubts. It just when he was turning the ball over 9 times in a game, I became highly skeptical. He has been much more steady since then. If anything I think Hinrich can reach Mike Bibby's level and I am a big fan of Bibby (who should be on the All-Star team ahead of someone like Steve Francis).

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts

I said All-Star caliber, not that they were all-stars. They are still young guys but they have proven more than Crawford and Chandler.

It doesn't matter as Seattle would never do a trade like that period.

Plus: Seattle has a winning record in the West, what do the Bulls have 12-25 in the East.
You tell 'em Hong Kong!

·
Registered
8,045 Posts

Not really major doubts. It just when he was turning the ball over 9 times in a game, I became highly skeptical. He has been much more steady since then. If anything I think Hinrich can reach Mike Bibby's level and I am a big fan of Bibby (who should be on the All-Star team ahead of someone like Steve Francis).
AI turned it over 9 times last night as well....

Just givin' you some hell. It's all good.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I got an email from a guy who scouts college games. he said Okafors demeanor is exactly like Duncans. Meaning this kid is all about business on the court. No yelling at the ceiling after dunks, no emotion, just goes out there to do a job. And do it well he added. Would anyone back this claim up from todays game?

21 - 40 of 79 Posts