2.6 RPG
2.0 APG

Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month
-January
-February
-March

Other Reasons
-21 double digit fourth quarters.
-Is one of the key reasons for the Bulls 39-31 success.

People Voting For Him
Scottie Pippen (ESPN NBA Analyst)
Jay Marriottie (Chicago Sun Times, Around the Horn)
Mike Wilbon (Pardon the Interruption)
Greg Anthony (TNT NBA Analyst)
Mark Jackson (NBA Fastbreak)

Last Updated: April 1, 2005 8:48 p.m.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
He deserves at least the co ROY with Okafor, IMO.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Interesting stat is shooting percentages

Gordon

fg % 42.4
3pt fg % 42.7 .....122-286
ft % 85.5

259-612 (within two point range)

Okafor

fg %.438
no 3 pt attempts .000
ft %.596

Okafor's shooting percentage is pretty awful for a player whose touches are so close to the rim

Howard by comparison shoots at 51.2%
Eddy Curry shot 50% his rookie season

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
He better win this award and sixth man. Ricky Davis does not deserve it... Gordon deserves sixth man. And for ROY, if anything, I hope Gordon wins or him and Emeka split.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gordon also deserves most improved player of the year.

2004 NBA Stats

0 PPG 0 RPG 0 APG

2005 NBA Statistics

15 PPG 3 RPG 2 APG

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Man, I love Ben Gordon, he's fantastic. He's still not where I thought he would be as a rookie, but he's damn good. He was one of the most surest things I felt about an NBA player in a long time. I feel the same way about Deron Williams. Ben keep doing your thing. :clap:

Okafor should win ROY? Yeah, okay. If Ben was on the Bobcats, he'd be getting 22 ppg.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spongyfungy said:
You can sticky for 47250 ucash.
you can sticky for 0 ucash

I am getting close to that. i have like 33k stocked up in the rpg.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Maybe I should unsticky this

One night after his spectacular, 22-point fourth quarter in Charlotte, Ben Gordon downplayed his chances for winning Rookie of the Year or Sixth Man of the Year. "I don't even care anymore," Gordon said. "It's such a long season, and you can't control it. Whatever happens, I'm more concerned about the success of my team than any award."
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...lsbits,1,1665153.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

“I don’t feel I have to get an award to feel like I’ve been important to my team. My teammates appreciate what I’ve done and the coaches do. That means more than any award.”
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp?id=28295

If he doesn't care, why should we care? :biggrin:

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Ben is just humble like that. He wants those rings, not awards. Notice Okafor got all the praise last year, but Calhoun kept saying not to forget about Gentle Ben. That's because Ben is a true star. Give em hell Ben.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HKF said:
Ben is just humble like that. He wants those rings, not awards. Notice Okafor got all the praise last year, but Calhoun kept saying not to forget about Gentle Ben. That's because Ben is a true star. Give em hell Ben.
Don't kid yourself. Ben wants these awards, he wants to get all the honors he can, just like any player in the league. He just wants to team to win more then that, unlike other players in the league.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Didn't we have a high pick power forward who got double-doubles left and right but the team he played for managed to only get a few wins but still won Rookie of the year? Steve Francis won it too? well we just might have co-rookie honors.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
spongyfungy said:
Mark Jackson = ROY Gordon
Marc Stein = ROY Okafor

ugh on Fastbreak right now.
Marc Stein said he's picking Okafor because the Bobcats have exceeded their expectations more than the Bulls have. Then he went on to say at the beginning of the season he had pegged Charlotte to win 5 games. What an idiot. At least he picked Gordon as his 6th Man of the Year though.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
SALO said:
Marc Stein said he's picking Okafor because the Bobcats have exceeded their expectations more than the Bulls have. Then he went on to say at the beginning of the season he had pegged Charlotte to win 5 games. What an idiot. At least he picked Gordon as his 6th Man of the Year though.

Charlotte has exceed their expectations more? Give me a break. The Bulls are going to have over 45 wins. Most of those guys picked us under 30. Charlotte has won 15 with 10 games left. People had them at around 12 or so.

I didn't think Mark Stein was a joke or anything before, but any NBA analyst that would would pick any NBA team EVER to have 5 freakin wins is a fool.

5 wins? Again, give me a break! LMAO

1 - 20 of 43 Posts