Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
My post in the NY game thread about this game:

Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

The Wiz-Bulls game should be a good one to watch, if only because it's a winnable game for two teams that don't have winnable games come across their schedule too often. I remember in the preseason talking about how these two teams would be competing with one another to try to sneak into the 7-8th seed -- my, how times have changed.

Not to talk up my guy on the opponent's turf, but has Kwame jumped ahead of the other HS kids of his class? It's tough to say with TC out with the injury, but I still think he's one to watch out for in that game. He always gets up to play the Bulls, and he's put up 14.6 PPG on 51% FG and 8.5 RPG over our past six games.

I'm really interested in watching Dupree play. You guys have made him sound like something really good, and his matchup against Hayes should be a fun one.
Neither team is an obvious pick here, so I'll stay home with my choice.

Wizards 88
Bulls 82

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
1,504 Posts
its all about the positive thinking for the bulls to win now...

bulls 88
wizards 84

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Wizards- 110
Bulls- 108

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Battle of 2 heavyweights! Kwame is looking better than Chandler and Curry, Hayes might be out of his funk, and Hughes is just looking good. And the Bulls are only 5-13 on the road. But somehow, we have a better record than Washington.

Bullets 101
Bulls 93

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Wizards won.

Crawford made some sort of lid on the basket comment.

Hinrich made some sort of "we" comment.

Skiles was upset with JC's shot selection.

KC said Curry was 25lbs overweight.

Continue...

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
BCH,

back in the day it used to be one of your favorite pastimes to argue with all of us Bulls fans who though we were entitled to championships. You were the lone skeptic when all of us were electing TC and EC to the hall of fame.

First off, Props to you, for calling us on entitlement attitude. Secondly, props to you for not rubbing it in our faces. If I were in your shoes I would be dropping daily reminders...

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I don't need to gloat because I was less optimistic. I was nothing more than a little more skeptical than the average Bulls' fan.

What is funny is that even though I strongly disagreed with what popular media were saying in the preseason with the Bulls, I find myself disagreeing with them right now, as they are prepared to bury them.

Historically the Bulls have been a second half of the season team. Where their always seemed to be a sort of ship adrift approach to Chicago basketball by management before, there seems to be a determined effort to wn now.

All the pieces aren't there. In my opinion, Crawford needs to go shine somewhere else. Curry may need to be moved, for a different piece, not because he can't make it in the NBA, but he might not get a chance to if the sharks smell blood in Chicago. Chandler needs to get healthy, and the Bulls may have to seriously consider trading their draft pick this season.

All is not lost. Paxson has barely had time to get ahold of the rudder. Give him some time to mold this team to his image. Hinrich may have been a gift, but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I had to include rlucas' comment that the Bulls played a D-E-P-L-E-T-E-D team. They need to find their center. They seem to still cling to long range goals, rather than the simpler things like winning a quarter, or even just a possession at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts