Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
:smoothcriminal: So UGA won't have to win the SEC tourney to make the big dance is what your saying?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Haha, no. I don't really follow college basketball to be honest. It was just funny to see them make the NCAA tournament last season after being terrible for the regular season.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
BlueBaron DeAndre Liggins one of Kentucky's '08 recruits was cleared to play next season after having some academic issues. They were all cleared up and now he can play. :smoothcriminal:

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
It bothers me that the best college basketball player will only end up being like a late first round pick.

What the hell happened to Stanford? Weren't they quite good last year?

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It bothers me that the best college basketball player will only end up being like a late first round pick.

What the hell happened to Stanford? Weren't they quite good last year?
They lost the Lopez twins. They are going to be bad this year, unless Dawkins can work some magic.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ND went unbeaten on a tour of Ireland playing pro and national teams from over that way. 9-0. :clap:

Okay a semi weak bump but whatever.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Damn forgot all about this but whatever. Here are some of my thoughts so far:

-I mentioned it in College Basketball Central that Michigan would qualify for the tournament this year. Manny Harris is one heck of a player. Many people here freaked over losing Legion but Manny is a much better player than Legion is. Beilein is a great coach, and Peedi Sims decided to care. With Darius Morris coming in next year, and a couple of very good shooters expect Michigan to continue to get better. They are a sleeper final 4 contender next year.

-I'm both a Notre Dame and a UNC fan. Call me a bandwagoner I could care less. But it upsets me that people are blind enough to put Tyler Hansbrough in the POY discussion over Luke Harangody. Gody is much more skilled. He has a nice little turnaround jumper, he has a running hook, and he has shown a pretty decent touch around the bucket. He plays with just as much passion and intensity as TH. Hansbrough hasn't even been the best player on the team at any point this season. Harangody is averaging like 28 points and 14 rebounds in Big East play. This going up against guys like Marc Koshwal, Greg Monroe, and Louisvilles frontline (Samuels, Clark, Etc.). To be honest I'm a Hansbrough fan. He plays for one of my favorite teams in UNC but he is overrated as hell. Thabeet, Blair, Harangody, Monroe are 4 that I would definitely take over TH based on this season. Onuauku from Syracuse, Samuels, Koshwal, and Clark are all guys I would probably take over Tyler based on this year. Thats 8 in the Big East alone. Hansbrough is a very good player but he has no business in the POY discussion at all right now.

-I'm not sold on his NBA potential but Steph Curry is the best player in college basketball. He has made the transition to PG look effortless.

-Big East, ACC, and Big 10 are all very very tough leagues this year. Pac-10 stinks, Big 12 is top heavy but is a solid league, and the SEC minus Arkansas is a joke.

-My fearless prediction as of this moment: Pitt wins the national title.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts