Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
<center>Refugees go to Astro Dome in wake of Hurricane Gordon

VS

Chicago Bulls (5-5) (2-4 on road) @ Houston Rockets (3-10) (1-4 at home)

Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, Friday November 25th, 2005
Chicago Bulls @ Houston 7:30pm WGN / NBA LP

<blink>STARTING LINEUPS</blink>

Duke-6'1-DUHON <> Kansas-6'3-HINRICH <> Tau Ceramica-6'7-NOCIONI <> Georgetown-6'8-SWEETNEY <> Dominguez-7'1-CHANDLER

VS

Illinois-6'3-HEAD <> Baylor-6'1-WESLEY <> Iowa-6'9-BOWEN <> Michigan-6'9-HOWARD <> Shanghai-7'5-YAO

<blink>Key Bench Players</blink>

6'2-GORDON <> 6'9-DENG <> 6'8-SONGAILA <> 6'9-HARRINGTON

---

6'1-NORRIS <> 6'5-BARRY <> 6'5-ANDERSON <> 6'9-SWIFT

Individual Team Leaders:

<table border="3" bordercolor="#000000" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>BULLS</td><td>
</td><td>ROCKETS</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>DUHON 34,3</td><td>MPG</td><td>McGRADY 35,5</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>HINRICH 15,2</td><td>PPG</td><td>McGRADY 21,7</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>CHANDLER 10</td><td>RPG</td><td>YAO 8,8</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>DUHON 6,3</td><td>APG</td><td>ALSTON 4,1</td></tr><tr align="center"></tr><tr align="center"><td>GORDON 1,11</td><td>SPG</td><td>McGRADY 1</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>SWEETNEY 1</td><td>BPG</td><td>YAO 1,67</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>SWEETNEY .523</td><td>FG%</td><td>YAO .483</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>DENG .500</td><td>3P%</td><td>HEAD .500</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>
BDG's Tag of the Day Competition
todays tag brought to you by

sloth
</center>

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I think the Bulls will have a decent game against Houston. The difference from past years will be Chandler's improved defense against Yao. Curry was pretty ineffective against Yao in the past. Chandler will play him much better.

I have seem almost all of the Bulls games this season and really enjoyed watching the games with the Lakers and the Spurs. I think the Bulls are starting to find their groove. The defense is much, much better than it was earlier in the season. Players are rotating faster and making much better decisions on defense. Also the energy on defense is much more consistent. Earlier in the season, there would be 4 and 5 minute stretches where the defense would sort of go into sleep mode. That does not seem to happen anymore.

I admit I am still a bit suspect about our reliance on the outside shot, but it is working for now.

Predicted final score: Houston 89, Bulls 96

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Houston is definitely beatable, we just have to limit Yao, and make McGrady win the game for them (which is very possible that he can). I'm hesistant to say we win, not because I don't think we can, just because it would be crazy to go into the circus trip 1 game over .500 and come out of it one game over .500. Major props on this team for not letting the circus trip kill them.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
sloth said:
Houston is definitely beatable, we just have to limit Yao, and make McGrady win the game for them (which is very possible that he can). I'm hesistant to say we win, not because I don't think we can, just because it would be crazy to go into the circus trip 1 game over .500 and come out of it one game over .500. Major props on this team for not letting the circus trip kill them.
They are playing w/o T-Mac, no reason we should lose this game. Right now the Rockets have one of the worst records in the NBA. If we limit turnovers and rebound the way we did in SA, HOU has no chance, if.

Bulls 94
HOU 85

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Hustle said:
They are playing w/o T-Mac, no reason we should lose this game. Right now the Rockets have one of the worst records in the NBA. If we limit turnovers and rebound the way we did in SA, HOU has no chance, if.

Bulls 94
HOU 85
Turnovers shouldn't be a problem if the ball is in Duhons hands. He has the 2nd highest Ast/TO ratio, with a 4.5/TO ratio, only behind Chauncey Billup's godly 5.2 AST/TO ratio.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
they have lost 6 in a row. McGrady is out.

This game is hard to predict. Both teams it's a second game of back to back.

We can win this game, but I don't know. I won't predict a win.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
I'm a bit nervous b/c Houston has gotta be hungry for a win. They're on a big losing streak, and they're in front of a home crowd. We definitely are better on paper right now, but if we get outhustled like we were against Portland and Seattle, then we won't win this one.

By the way, I actually think it would be better to put Sweetney on Yao, while having Chandler go to help with double-teams. There's no way Yao will be able to back down Sweets. We just can't slack on the team defense concept.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Rockets 91
Bulls 87

Swift 24 points / 12 rebounds
Gordon 20 points / 3 rebounds

·
Premium Member
68,864 Posts
ha - the picture of sweetney up there compared to the rest makes my day. but anyway, first game i'll get to see in a while, I'm confident we'll win one way or another.

Bulls 94
Rockets 89

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
yay, I'll be able to watch a bulls game. Hopefully we beat them especially with Tmac out. Hopefully Juwan/Swift won't be as much trouble as Duncan was for Sweetney.

guys like David Wesley have huge games against us. Hopefully we can limit that.

·
Banned
900 Posts
spongyfungy said:
yay, I'll be able to watch a bulls game. Hopefully we beat them especially with Tmac out. Hopefully Juwan/Swift won't be as much trouble as Duncan was for Sweetney.

guys like David Wesley have huge games against us. Hopefully we can limit that.

will u post the game?yesterday's game?

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
:love:

consecutive very nice moves by sweetney and songaila.

also nice to see some production from 'fella too.

27-22 bulls end of one

·
Registered
92 Posts
35-35 5:12 left in the 2nd, Wesley looks like hes starting to heat up, 17 footer with hand in his face, and then a 3. Most of Bulls' bigs in foul trouble but I'm not sure the actualy numbers. Cold shooting from the outside

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
We gotta play smarter offensively. For some reason we run away from Sweetney just when he's establishing himself down low.

Tie game @ the HALF.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts