Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
<center>Blazing a Trail of Wins?!

VS

Chicago Bulls (3-3) (0-2 on road) @ Portland Trail Blazers (2-3) (2-1 at home)

Rose Garden, Portland, Oregon, Wednesday November 16th, 2005
Chicago Bulls @ Portland Trail Blazers 9:00pm CSN-CHI/NBA LP

<blink>STARTING LINEUPS</blink>

Duke-6'1-DUHON <> Kansas-6'3-HINRICH <> Tau Ceramica-6'7-NOCIONI <> Wake Forest-6'8-SONGAILA <> Dominguez-7'1-CHANDLER

VS

Lincoln-5'11-TELFAIR <> CSKA-6'8-MONIA <> East St.Louis-6'9-MILES <> Michigan State-6'9-RANDOLPH <> Minnesota-7'1-PRZYBILLA

<blink>Key Bench Players</blink>

6'2-GORDON <> 6'9-DENG <> 6'8-SWEETNEY <> 6'9-HARRINGTON

---

6'3-JACK <> 6'3-DIXON <> 6'5-PATTERSON <> 6'10-RATLIFF

Individual Leaders:

<table border="3" bordercolor="#000000" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>BULLS</td><td>
</td><td>BLAZERS</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 34,6</td><td>MPG</td><td>Randolph 38,2</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Hinrich 16</td><td>PPG</td><td>Miles 21,6</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Chandler 10</td><td>RPG</td><td>Randolph 11,2</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 6,6</td><td>APG</td><td>Jack 3,8</td></tr><tr align="center"></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 1,6</td><td>SPG</td><td>Miles 1,6</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Sweetney .83</td><td>BPG</td><td>Przybilla 2,2</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>Sweetney .525</td><td>FG%</td><td>Miles .484</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>Hinrich .500</td><td>3P%</td><td>Telfair .417</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>
BDG's Tag of the Day Competition
todays tag brought to you by

ndistops
</center>

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
question mark?

how about... EXCLAMATION POINT!

:biggrin: :smilewink

once again, mr.denggo thank you for the thread.

blazers haven't played since FRIDAY. they'll be rusty (and obviously rested). we need to come out strong.

bulls 95
blazers 89

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
(yes, that was miz who added the exclamation point!)

game preview

GAME: Chicago Bulls (3-3) at Portland Trail Blazers (2-3).

TIME: Wednesday, 10 p.m. EST.

LINE:The Trail Blazers are 3 1/2-point home underdogs, the total is set at 180 1/2.

Circuses are enjoyable for most. Don`t count the Chicago Bulls among that group.

The Bulls look to post a rare victory on the West Coast when they face the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Garden.

Every year in the middle of November, the circus comes to Chicago`s United Center and the Bulls go on an early West Coast trip. Since the 2000-01 season, the Bulls are just 1-32 during those trips, including Monday`s 100-82 loss to the Golden State Warriors.

``The Chicago Bulls haven`t won on too many places in the West Coast in the last seven years,`` guard Kirk Hinrich said. ``Whatever it is, we`ve got to fix it come Wednesday because every game out here is going to be tough, and we haven`t had any success.``

The Bulls were flat most of the game, and had their worst scoring and shooting performance of the season in Monday`s loss. They shot just 33.7 percent from the field and the backcourt of Hinrich and Chris Duhon combine to shoot 3-for-21. Top reserve Ben Gordon wasn`t much better, going 2-for-12.

``They just dominated us all over the floor, and then probably the most disappointing thing I thought in the third quarter, we quit,`` Chicago coach Scott Skiles said. ``That`s something I have to address. We were in the game a little bit early on, but they had way more energy than us. They went by our guards at will.``

Portland is coming off its first home loss of the season, 84-81 to Detroit on Friday.

Darius Miles had 23 points and Zach Randolph added 21 points and 10 rebounds, but the Pistons held the two to two points combined in the fourth quarter.

``If you have 16 turnovers, miss seven free throws and don`t execute down the stretch, you don`t beat a good team like the Pistons,`` coach Nate McMillan said.

The Trail Blazers are averaging just 84.8 points and less than three 3-pointers per game, but are playing strong in the paint.

Portland averages 43.6 rebounds per contest and Randolph is one of only four players in the league to average 20 points and 10 boards. With Miles averaging 21.6 points, him and Randolph are one of only five tandems in the NBA averaging more than 20 points.

The Bulls swept the Blazers last season, but Portland won 10 of 11 before that.

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blazers from the arc...13-54 in 5 games that .241 shooting.

and they are some crappy free hrow shooters, just .602 percent

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
mcmillan apparently ripped his team a new one yesterday at practice. :eek:

Nate McMillan's angry voice was so loud, the walls of the Trail Blazers' practice facility could not contain his profanity-laced words.

"Do not come in here and (mess) up practice," the coach yelled at players.

McMillan, unhappy with his players' effort, brought practice to a halt Tuesday and launched into a 15-minute tirade. Although practice was closed to the media at the time, it was impossible not to hear the loud rant.

McMillan yelled that if players don't want to work, they should "take your . . . fine and show up tomorrow for the game."

The outburst comes as the Blazers enter a key week after winning two home games and losing to the Detroit Pistons by three points at the Rose Garden on Friday night. They finish the homestand with games against two solid opponents, starting with the Chicago Bulls tonight.

The Bulls are a young team known for playing hard and hustling throughout each game, but McMillan did not see a similar effort from his players Tuesday.

"If you do not want to practice, don't show up -- do not show up," McMillan told his players.

Later, after cooling off, McMillan talked about what displeased him.

"The message today was, I don't think we're as good as we think we are, (for the players) not to come in and do what we did today," he said. "We're not ready. We got work to do, and I don't think we did that today."

oregonlive.com

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
And right before we play them

link

Nate McMillan's angry voice was so loud, the walls of the Trail Blazers' practice facility could not contain his profanity-laced words.

"Do not come in here and (mess) up practice," the coach yelled at players.

McMillan, unhappy with his players' effort, brought practice to a halt Tuesday and launched into a 15-minute tirade. Although practice was closed to the media at the time, it was impossible not to hear the loud rant.

McMillan yelled that if players don't want to work, they should "take your . . . fine and show up tomorrow for the game."

The outburst comes as the Blazers enter a key week after winning two home games and losing to the Detroit Pistons by three points at the Rose Garden on Friday night. They finish the homestand with games against two solid opponents, starting with the Chicago Bulls tonight.

The Bulls are a young team known for playing hard and hustling throughout each game, but McMillan did not see a similar effort from his players Tuesday.

"If you do not want to practice, don't show up -- do not show up," McMillan told his players.

now they are gonna be pretty fired up for us :curse:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't see this one going well...

Blazers 104
Bulls 90

I think Hinrich will rebound from Monday's pathetic performance and have a good game, but D-Miles will tear us apart.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
We'll take this one.

Bulls 98
Blazers 89

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
This could be an interesting game. The Blazers are pretty athletic and the Bulls have problems with Athletic players/teams. Miles should have a pretty good game as we really don't have anyone who compares to him. Deng possibly. I'd like to see Luol take Miles into the post and work on him. Try to get him in foul trouble. Rebounding is definatly going to be a problem tonight. Randolph, Pryz and Ratliff are all better than average rebounders. Second chance points could be a killer tonight. Our guards MUST show up tonight. We're not going to get much inside with Pryz and Ratlif hanging around the basket. A player I really like on the Blazers is Monia (or is it Monya - I've seen it spelled both ways). Good size, plays hard and smart.

The Bulls can take this one but they're gonna have to put forth a very good effort and shoot better than 5-48 (or whatever Hinrich, Gordon and Duhon shot last game) to win.

Bulls 92
Blazers 88

The bench comes thru again.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
It won't be an easy game, but I think our guards will bounce back and we'll hang around until the end. At the end, I like our chances against the Blazers. I think Kirk and Ben especially will make the plays and we'll eke one out.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
Not that hard of a game, imo.. Bulls by 5, minimum. I'll even go to say that sometime during the game a Jailblazer will be hauled off in handcuffs.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Bulls win

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Our offense will be clicking tonight so we will win .

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I like how we match up, they are not deep up front(although the 3 guys they have are pretty good, they only have 3 big men healthy tonight), they have a small backcourt (aside from Monya which is extra large but not overly talented offensivily), and rely heavily on two guys to have big nights every night (Randolph, Miles). If Nocioni or Deng can have a big defensive night we should take this one home.

The key to tonight's game
Take it to the basket, get them in foul trouble. They are not a deep team and getting one or two guys in foul trouble could be devastating for them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
BullSoxChicagosFinest said:
The Score says Deng could start (Which I like, but Noc was awesome last game)
I read that Deng and Noc could start together, leaving Darius on the bench. Do it please, Scott.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
BullSoxChicagosFinest said:
The Score says Deng could start (Which I like, but Noc was awesome last game)
The Trib said he was possibly going to start as well but not for Noce for Songaila. Skiles stated again how he likes Noce at the four and that it is his best position.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hopefully Chapu can get Z-Bo in foul trouble....

Chicago 88
Portland 84

Hinrich 21 points / 4 assists
Pryzbilla 13 points / 15 rebounds

1 - 20 of 229 Posts