Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center>Bulls Nightmare D ensure Sleeplessness in Seattle

VS

Chicago Bulls (3-4) (0-3 on road) @ Seattle Super Sonics (3-5) (1-1 at home)

Key Arena, Seattle, Washington, Friday November 18th, 2005
Chicago Bulls @ Seattle Super Sonics 9:30pm WGN/NBA LP

<blink>STARTING LINEUPS</blink>

Duke-6'1-DUHON <> Kansas-6'3-HINRICH <> Tau Ceramica-6'7-NOCIONI <> Wake Forest-6'8-SONGAILA <> Dominguez-7'1-CHANDLER

VS

Oregon-6'2-RIDNOUR <> UConn-6'5-ALLEN <> Alief Elsik-6'10-LEWIS <> Kansas-6'9-COLLISON <> Pau Orthez-7'-PETRO

<blink>Key Bench Players</blink>

6'2-GORDON <> 6'9-DENG <> 6'8-SWEETNEY <> 6'9-HARRINGTON

---

6'6-WILKINS <> 6'10-RADMANOVIC <> 6'8-EVANS <> 6'10-POTAPENKO

Individual Leaders:

<table border="3" bordercolor="#000000" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>BULLS</td><td>
</td><td>SONICS</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 34,7</td><td>MPG</td><td>Allen 38,9</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Hinrich 15,7</td><td>PPG</td><td>Allen 23</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Chandler 9,6</td><td>RPG</td><td>Evans 6</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Hinrich 6,3</td><td>APG</td><td>Ridnour 5,9</td></tr><tr align="center"></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 1,33</td><td>SPG</td><td>Ridnour 2,29</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Sweetney .71</td><td>BPG</td><td>Lewis .71</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>Sweetney .564</td><td>FG%</td><td>Collison .615</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>Hinrich .478</td><td>3P%</td><td>Lewis .489</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>
BDG's Tag of the Day Competition
todays tag brought to you by

Machinehead
</center>

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Seattle's pretty weak defensively, and they lack frontcourt scoring even more than we do. We have some solid options to throw at them defensively, as we saw last year. Overall, I think we match up really well and this is a golden opportunity to snare a victory. But nothing is guarenteed, especially when you have a team that can light it up from 3-point range any given night. For goodness sake, please defend the 3-point line tonight!

Bulls - 105
Sonics - 102

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Seattle plays almost no defense. Keep Lewis and Allen in check (at least reasonably so) and it should be a pretty easy win. This is a game that I expect Chandler to step out a bit on and produce a little bit more offensively. This is the kind of team a guy like Songaila can possibly get out of his funk and produce a little also. If Sweetney can stay out of foul trouble, he could have another very good game. Hinrich needs to stay on the floor as much as possible (avoid stupid fouls). Might we have another Eddie Basden sighting tonight? Good guy to put on Allen and try to frustrate the hell out of him. Watch out for Collison.

Bulls finally get one on the road and they don't let it slip away...

Bulls 107
Seattle 99

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think this is on the guards to win. Since Collison got moved into the starting lineup he's scored very well on the scraps. If they start running plays for him he could go off even more, but Petro isn't as seasoned so it balances out a little. Sweetney v. Collison is an interesting battle, but most other matchups aren't game breaking. Containing Allen and Lewis is the battle as usual. If the energy is with the Bulls I think they win. 105-95

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
i agree with flash. i think darius is due. way overdue.

sweetney v. collison is the matchup i'm watching.

and ben is due for a hot shooting night. and i hope basden gets a little burn. pargo is hopefully superglued to the bench. oh and the good news is thomas has declared himself ready to go.

bulls win 102 - 94

ps. and i cannot believe my tagline wasn't chosen for this game thread. hmmpf. :smilewink

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
I'm not sure we can go by the numbers here -- Seattle's played two overtimes and gave up 137 points in a game vs. Washington that simply got way out of control.

Since inserting Collison in the starting lineup, the Sonics gave up 99 and 100 points in two relatively easy victories on the road against two pretty good offensive teams, New Jersey and Boston. So they seem to have righted the ship somewhat, and both Allen and Lewis are playing very good basketball.

I don't think the Bulls will be able to manhandle and claw the Sonics the way they did last March. It's still pretty early in the season, and the refs haven't gone into "let them play" mode. If Duhon's not 100%, Ridnour's a guy who can drive and dish and get us in trouble -- unlike Portland or Golden State, Seattle's got several guys who will punish us from downtown.

Ultimately, I say what does us in tonight is energy. The Sonics are returning home after a grueling six-game road trip; we're smack-dab in the middle of ours. Bulls drop another tough one, 104-100.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This is all but a must-win with the Kobes, the champs, and the T-Macs coming up in the next three games.

I think the Bulls know that.

Bulls - 107
Sonics - 100

And memo to Skiles: Put a Duhon-Hinrich-Deng-Sweets-Chandler lineup out there. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
We should win this game, if DaBullz or TBF will do play-by-play …like in old time :)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The Sonics defense is nothing to brag about, but I think they'll play better at home. They usually don't lose big at home, & coming back from a 6 game east coast road trip, I'm sure they will be a lot more energized to be playing @ the Key again. I think it will be a close game, so I am guessing it will be a heartbreaker either way.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Yeah the Sonics defense is bad, but it's never been a strong point with this group of players. Part of the reason for the early struggles was Weiss trying to fix the defense, but he broke the offense in the process.

The last three games, they seem to have found their identity again with the offense. Setting screens for shooters and crashing the offensive boards. Collison has been a big part of this, putting up an efficient 15/10 as a starter (without any plays run for him).

The game should be another good test. The Allen/Hinrich matchup should be a good one, Hinrich gave Ray some problems last season, but Ray's hot at the moment (if the Celtics game is any indication). I think the bench will be a concern for the Sonics. Simply put, the Sonics bench has stunk so far and the Bulls have one of the best in the league. We've been burned by Arenas and Mike James, so I can see Gordon having a big game.

By the way, does anyone know of a non-NBA.com audio link to this game ? The Sonics radio feed over the web is blocked for home games, and i'm too cheap to spend $20 on audio league pass. :D

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Any word on the Starting 5?

I would drool if it was

Du
Kirk
Deng
Sweet
Chandler

Or switch Harrington and Sweets, whatever you have to do.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
myELFboy said:
I think it will be a close game, so I am guessing it will be a heartbreaker either way.
That's for sure, the Bulls have lost too many close 1's and the Sonics record will start looking pretty ugly.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
UMfan83 said:
Any word on the Starting 5?

I would drool if it was

Du
Kirk
Deng
Sweet
Chandler

Or switch Harrington and Sweets, whatever you have to do.
I think everyone in the world agrees Songaila should not be in there, except maybe Scared of Change Skiles. Who by the way I almost always stand up for but this is such an obviously needed move.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts