·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BULLS
@ WIZARDS

Sunday March 19, 2006 2:30pm CT Verizon Center, Washington DC

Series: Bulls lead 2-0.

Last meeting: Bulls won 90-79 Jan. 27 in Chicago.

Records: Bulls 29-37, Wizards 33-31.

Bulls probable starters ppg: G Kirk Hinrich 15.7; G Ben Gordon 16.3; F Luol Deng 13.7; F Malik Allen 4.3; C Tyson Chandler 5.3

Wizards probable starters ppg: G Gilbert Arenas 29.1; G Jared Jeffries 5.8; F Caron Butler 16.9; F Antawn Jamison 20.1; C Brendan Haywood 7.7

Story line: The season has become a chore for the Bulls, who blew many opportunities Saturday to beat the Heat. It probably won't be any easier on the road Sunday, especially because Arenas, Jamison and Butler are the top scoring trio in the NBA at 66.1 points per game. Arenas has scored 40 or more in eight games, including once against the Bulls.

chicago tribune

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If we have any chance of making the 8th seed into the playoffs, this is our chance. If we lose this game, we're done for certain. I know that the chances are like 0.000001% of us making it now, but still, I have one ounce of hope left in me, even through all the crap we've been put through as fans of this once great franchise.

I hope that success is in the near future though, because I don't want what happened last year to go to waste. We built a successful outlook last year, and I want next year to follow upon that outlook. Failure is not an option next season, no matter what the odds.

I hope you guys remember that line, because I'll be repeating it plenty of times next season. :biggrin: jk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I read that Trib. article you put up in the post, Miz, and man, does that ever feel like a punch in the gut to have to read that. It's been the same story all year. Falling short in the end, oh-so-close, frustrating. Things like that really make it all not worthwhile to see us in the playoffs.

Anyway, the two most important games in our season so far in terms of making a playoff push were the last two games we blew. Milwaukee, a terrible blowout for the team, and then Miami, when we had Shaq and Wade on the ropes, and they still got the W. Very discouraging. I hope to god we're on the receiving end of victories next season, because it's been so hard to watch us piss away games like these last two.

And another thing, since I live in Canada, I get in-depth coverage of the Raptors, and man does their season look shockingly similar to ours. They have a young team trying to build something to be proud of, and they've let games slip away a TON of times this season. It just reminds me so much of our situation, although I'm wondering who has the better chances of becoming a great team. I think we're better off, but Toronto could become a really good team in the next couple years, with Bosh becoming an all-star, and other guys developping under the watchful eye of Bryan Colangelo. Anyone else notice this as well? I just thought it was kind of interesting.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Kirk and his new armband

well, kirk and his armband are now sitting with two fouls.

gilbert arenas just moved into third all-time in three pointers made in wizards history.

nobody interested in the game thread today?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It's not interesting when your favorite team are losers. Anyone else want to argue this?

If we slip behind by ten, our season is done. We just can't get back in games when we're not leading. Either way, we suck.

This game should might as well be over. We're not gonna win.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
This team comes out for big games like 90 year olds bleep.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The best thing to do now is to focus on next year, because we're already done. If we could just try and get better so we can get a good run next year, I'd be really OK with that. But as far as this season is concerned, we should just stop trying, because we're just putting too much effort into something that's not gonna get us anywhere. We might as well let Washington take the victory easily, because they're actually going to make the post-season.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It seems like everyone else has done what I should do, and that's stop watching and caring anymore. If anyone was at all interested, you could tell. But this thread is deserted right now, and our season is done. Thanks Bulls for a wonderful season filled with a ton of great moments to want to remember! (Of course not :()

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.