Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center> BEAT THE FLEET

VS

Chicago Bulls (35-31) (15-18 on road) @ Boston Celtics (38-30) (25-10 at home)

Fleet Center, Friday March 25th, 2005
Chicago @ Boston 6:30pm FSNE / WGN / NBALP

Duke-6'1-DUHON <> Nebraska-6'7-PIATKOWSKI <> TauCeramica-6'7-NOCIONI <> UTEP-6'9-DAVIS <> Thornwood-6'11-CURRY

VS

OregonState-6'4-PAYTON <> OklahomaState-6'4-ALLEN <> Kansas-6'6-PIERCE <> Kentucky-6'9-WALKER <> Kansas-6'11-LaFRENTZ

Season Series
Chicago Bulls 102 vs Boston Celtics 91
Chicago Bulls 83 @ Boston Celtics 92
Chicago Bulls 97 vs Boston Celtics 101
1-2

</center>

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Some tough defensive matchups for us. Nocioni and Deng will have their hands full with Princess Pierce. Even though his starts are usually token appearances, Pike will also kill us defensively. He's also going to have a hard time getting open looks with Tony Allen smothering him. The good thing for the Bulls is, the C's starting frontcourt isn't going to shut anyone down. Look for the C's to bring their young bigs off the bench to matchup with Curry. Perkins and Jefferson have done pretty well against him this year. It'll be interesting to see how the C's bounce back after getting trounced by the lowly Knicks.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Hopefully Antoine Walker will produce another 5-20, 1 assist game as he did against the Knicks last night.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Possible first round playoff matchup. We have not played well against them this year and I would really like to see us show some signs of being able to beat this team in a series.

Bull 95
Celts 90

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts

(unless Hinrich plays and we continue to vary the offense a bit, in which case we win 96-92)

(and yes, I know Dog Style is brewed in Wiscansen, but it's our great beer and they can't have it)

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Celtics are coming off a tough loss to the Knicks.

If the Knicks can beat the Celtics, shouldn’t the Bulls be able to?

Only if Captain Kirk returns.

Bulls: 100
Celtics: 98

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Celtics have our number and have been on a roll.

Celtics: 97
Bulls: 88

Reactions: BenDengGo

·
Registered
339 Posts
You guys are giving Boston more credit than they deserve. The last two Celtic wins was moreso what the Bulls failed to do as opposed to what Boston did.

Last meeting in Boston: Bulls lead until their offense went ice cold in the 4th quarter.

Last meeting in Chicago: Had Hinrich not fouled out....the Bulls would've won the game.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

Boston has been a matchup problem for us all year long and Antoine doesn't help the situation at all. Say what you want about him but for mostly intangible reasons, they're better with him aboard and especially at home.

If Kirk is out again, this is a tough game. Not terribly easy with him in it anyway.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bulls will win. Chicago over the last few games (even during some of their defeats) have held opponents under 100 points.

And with the Bulls getting healthy (excluding Hinrich) I can't see why they can't defeat Boston.

And despite the addition of Walker....they're still allowing 100 points in the majority of their games.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Celtics and NJ seem to own the Bulls. Maybe 'Toine walker can turn in an epic 4 for 20 shooting night and help us out

Bulls 98
Celts 94

Reactions: BenDengGo

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i didn't see an early line yet.

heres the prediction:

Cs all-star types are sent to the FT line in such overwhelming numbers as to provoke a Skiles ejection in the third. He rips off his suit and shirt, flings the sweaty garments into the crowd as he stalks off bare-chested down the tunnel, tie still around his neck.....some kid in the crowd puts on Skiles clothes

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
We definitely need to bring it on Friday. This is our likely first round opponent, and we need to leave them something to think about for the rest of the season. Not to mention that I'm still annoyed about how the whole Gary Payton thing worked out...

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
DHarris34Phan said:
Excellent pics! Two of my favorite groups growing up. Still have most of their stuff in my CD collection.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
This puzzles a little tougher:

1 - 20 of 244 Posts