Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center> Nets have our number

VS

Chicago Bulls (32-29) (13-17 on road) @ New Jersey Nets (28-36) (16-14 at home)

Continental Airlines Arena, Wednesday March 16th, 2005
Chicago @ New Jersey 6:30pm YES / CSN-CHI / NBALP

Duke-6'1-DUHON <> Kansas-6'3-HINRICH <> Tau Ceramica-6'7-NOCIONI <> El Paso-6'9-DAVIS <> Thornwood-6'11-CURRY

VS

California-6'4-KIDD <> Kansas-6'1-VAUGHN <> North Carolina-6'6-CARTER <> Stanford-7'0-COLLINS <> Partizan-7'0-KRISTIC

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
They certainly have a short backcourt. We can't let freaking J.Vaughn have a career night against us again. If Nocioni can contain carter I think we can win this game fairly easily. This is a game where we could have really used Deng. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Curry sprianed his hammy last night so I doubt he plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see Deng come off the il for tonights game if Eddy is unavailable which seems likely we will need all the help we can get.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
ace20004u said:
Curry sprianed his hammy last night so I doubt he plays.
In that case forget what I said about winning easily.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts

Keep the seatbelts fastened, everyone. The ride is going to get real bumpy for a little while, I'm afraid.

Reactions: LegoHat

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
ace20004u said:
Curry sprianed his hammy last night so I doubt he plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see Deng come off the il for tonights game if Eddy is unavailable which seems likely we will need all the help we can get.

Curry WILL play--670am

I have a feeling Carter is going to murder us... if Rashard Lewis can get 30 pts against us 2 times in 3 days there is no telling what Carter will do... maybe we can pull it out? I have a bad feeling.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
we HAVE to win this game

NJ has a difficult time scoring outside of V. Carter, all we need to do is play some great defense and we should take this one. They've already beaten us TWICE this year.

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
1,504 Posts
Maybe the refs will feel the need to see some calls go our way tonight.. who knows what could happen.. I'm skeptical about this game but if we play hardnosed D and someone is shooting the ball well, we could pull it out.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
The ROY said:
we HAVE to win this game

NJ has a difficult time scoring outside of V. Carter, all we need to do is play some great defense and we should take this one. They've already beaten us TWICE this year.
Correction, New Jersey is 3-0 against the Bulls this year...and let me tell you, they were 3 of the ugliest games I've seen all season. For some reason, these Nets inspire us to play our absolute worst basketball. We play down to their level, so to speak. Last time we played them, they were still on their "Vince Carter high" fresh off the trade, but they've cooled a bit since then. We still can't take them lightly nonetheless. If we can win this one, maybe I can feel just a little better about losing to Seattle the way we did. I would HATE to go 0-4 against such a bad team. I feel partly responsible since I predicted New Jersey would only reach 25 wins this season. I guess that's a curse for getting swept. Guys, this is really a must-win.

Bulls - 87
Nets - 84

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
such sweet thunder said:
Last time I checked, the Bulls played in the same city where this chapel is located . . .

. . . not Evanston.

(sorry for the rare outburst of Maroon pride)

Reactions: such sweet thunder

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
mizenkay said:
per bulls.com injury report, curry is DOUBTFUL for tonight.

not good.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/injury_report.html
I think it's great- at least if Eddy doesn't play tonight, it will at least eliminate him as a topic of discussion in the game thread.

Plus, we can get 20 pages going on a new thread- either 'Bulls Win Without Eddy, Who Needs Him?' or 'Bulls Suck Without Eddy, We Can't Live Without Him'.

Seriously, though, if Eddy has a bad hammy, no need to rush him back. Othella has been outstanding in his 14 starts- 23.1 min, 9.8 pts, 5.6 reb, 1.1 ast, 56.8% FG, 74.4% FT.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Nets are a pain in the *** for the Bulls for some reason. If it isn't VC scorching us, it was RJ in the beginning of the year, if not him it was Jacque friggin' Vaughn. :curse: And Kidd always plays well against us.

Gonna be another nail-biter, hopefully the Bulls can win this one as these last 2 losses should have been wins.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts