Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center> Knicks @ Madison Square Gordon

VS

Chicago Bulls (42-32) (18-19 on road) @ New York Knicks (29-44) (21-16 at home)

Madison Square Garden, Friday April 8th, 2005
Chicago @ New York 7:00pm MSG / CSN-CHI / NBALP

<blink>STARTING LINEUPS</blink>

Duke-6'1-DUHON <> Kansas-6'3-HINRICH <> Tau Ceramica-6'7-NOCIONI <> UTEP-6'9-DAVIS <> G'Town-6'9-HARRINGTON

VS

GeorgiaTech-6'2-MARBURY <> Michigan-6'5-CRAWFORD <> Villanova-6'10-THOMAS <> G'Town-6'8-SWEETNEY <> TCU-6'9-THOMAS

<blink>Key Bench Players</blink>

Arkansas-6'1-PARGO <> UConn-6'2-GORDON <> Nebraska-6'7-PIATKOWSKI <> Dominguez-7'1-CHANDLER

---

Detroit-6'5-JACKSON <> Drexel-6'7-ROSE <> UCLA-6'8-ARIZA <> Michigan-6'9-TAYLOR

Season Series
vs

86 vs 84
88 @ 86
2-0

150pts for the one who predicts the score closest. +100pts Bonus for exact score

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
You'd really think AT LEAST Harrington will be back by Friday, if not Curry. I'd replace the starting lineups.

Anyways....Madison Square Gordon lights up the Knicks again

Bulls 97
Knicks 84

Gordon 10/17 25 points
Crawford 7/20 18 points

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts

Reactions: LegoHat

·
Beat The Heat
1,258 Posts
UMfan83 said:
Anyways....Madison Square Gordon lights up the Knicks again
I like that Nickname. I think the Bulls will win this game also, but it should be another close game.

Bulls 97 / Knicks 94

Gordon should break out of his slump and score 25.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
knicks were unable/unwilling to pull one out last night v. the nets. they might as well have just stayed on their side of the hudson for the effort they put out - down at one point by 27. the sculpture garden at the MOMA has more movement than the knicks playing defense - they are like statues - literally STANDING around. pathetic and embarrasing.

so this could be a dangerous game. knicks on the schneid - 8 game losing streak. we have to come out strong. thank goodness we get oh fella back tonight as we'll need his inside presence!

hopefully mama gordon fixed her boy some curried goat like the last time he was in town to play the knickerbockers. that seemed to do the trick.

we need big games from benny, kirk, chandler and _________(insert name of hero sub off the bench)...

go bulls. miz will be there - 100 level!! - cheering you on!!

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
oh the sweet and delicious irony. we win tonight and the knicks are OFFICIALLY ELIMINATED from the playoffs! LOL.

The Knicks (29-45) will be eliminated from the playoff race with another defeat or another Philadelphia victory. There are eight games left to accomplish something else, and learning to play a complete game may top the list.

NY Times

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Nice work with the game thread BenDengGo, the thread headliner is awesome! :clap:

Bulls 97

Knicks 91

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Chicago...
After a win are 8-2
After playing Magic are 3-7
Before playing Raptors are 5-5
When playing on Friday are 5-5

Bulls line -2 1/2

I'll say Bulls by 2 1/2 sounds very good as long as Kirk's hammy stays cool

So for all intents and purposes...... Its the Bulls who can be the ones to eliminate from the playoffs the "more talented playoff bound" Knicks, who were said to have raped Paxson this summer........and simultaneously assure themselves a post season berth (basically). The Bulls with the same coach. The Knicks with an interim

Oh the delicious irony mizenkay (i swear I came up with those words independently. They fit though!):banana: :biggrin: :cheers: :clap: :wink: :laugh: :yes: :rock: :mob: :twave: :) :king: :dpepper: :rbanana: :nah: :cool: :bbanana: :love: :wlift: :rotf: :wiz: :p :cowboy: :rofl: :bsmile: :jump: :vbanana: :headbang: :greatjob: :yes: :wbanana: :djparty: :cool: :jump: :groucho: :2fing: :rofl: :mob: :gbanana:

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Don't forget to play your UCASH wager:

Gamble :)

Event Outcomes
Bulls TO WIN (-1.5)

Outcome information
Current odds 1/1 (1.00)
Number of bets placed 16
Total amount staked 24606
Top bets on this Outcome
Bet placed by Amount staked Odds Amount won
adarsh1 14000 1/1 (1.00) -
spongyfungy 3000 1/1 (1.00) -
sherwin 3000 1/1 (1.00) -
such sweet thunder 1000 1/1 (1.00) -
DwyaneWade4MVP 1000 1/1 (1.00) -
rawse 750 1/1 (1.00) -
Scholar 458 1/1 (1.00) -
7 300 1/1 (1.00) -
byrondarnell66 285 1/1 (1.00) -
cmd34 200 1/1 (1.00) -
Jonathan Watters 200 1/1 (1.00) -
KJay 108 1/1 (1.00) -
Hustle 105 1/1 (1.00) -
PHeNoM Z28 100 1/1 (1.00) -
Dino Radja 75 1/1 (1.00) -
oblivion 25 1/1 (1.00) -
Knicks TO WIN (+1.5)

Outcome information
Current odds 1/1 (1.00)
Number of bets placed 3
Total amount staked 700
Top bets on this Outcome
Bet placed by Amount staked Odds Amount won
truebluefan 500 1/1 (1.00) -
KJay 108 1/1 (1.00) -
nickrock23 92 1/1 (1.00) -

Edit: TBF wagering against the beloved :(. What do you have to say for yourself! :)

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
NEW YORK (Ticker) -- The Chicago Bulls can eliminate the New York Knicks from playoff contention and move to the brink of clinching their first postseason berth since 1998 when the teams meet Friday at Madison Square Garden.

The Bulls are in fourth place in the Eastern Conference playoff race, six games ahead of ninth-place New Jersey with eight contests remaining.

Chicago moved a game ahead of fifth-place Washington with a 102-101 overtime triumph at Orlando on Wednesday, its 10th victory in 11 games. Antonio Davis made 1-of-2 free throws with 1.4 seconds left in the extra session for the winning margin.

Kirk Hinrich, who had been held scoreless at Miami on Tuesday, scored 25 points and Tyson Chandler added 15 and 22 rebounds for the Bulls, who again were without center Eddy Curry (irregular heartbeat) and Othella Harrington (in Chicago with his pregnant wife).

The Knicks lost their season-high eighth straight, falling at New Jersey, 110-98 on Thursday.

Stephon Marbury scored 30 points and Jamal Crawford added 26 for New York, which will be eliminated with its next loss or a win by eighth-place Philadelphia, which hosts Cleveland on Friday.

Earlier this season, the Bulls swept a home-and-home series with the Knicks, recording an 86-84 victory at the United Center on January 15 and an 88-86 win here two days later. Curry made a go-ahead layup with 2.4 seconds left in the first game and Ben Gordon - a native of nearby Mount Vernon, New York - converted a floater in the lane with less than a second remaining in the second contest.

The teams conclude the season series in Chicago on April 19.

oh the ripe lucious sweet and juicy ready for the pickin' irony!!!!

GO BULLS!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Man, you show me this starting line up 9 months ago, and I tell you we are one the worst teams in the history of the league. Unbelievable...

Bulls 88
Knicks 85

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
NY Daily News

There might be something worse than Jamal Crawford's shot selection.

It's his team selection.

Crawford chose to leave the Chicago Bulls and sign for big bucks with the Knicks last summer. You know how they scored that one, don't you?

Turnover, No. 11.

When Crawford's old team plays at the Garden tonight, it'll have the East's third-best record and the NBA's No. 1 mark (33-15) since Jan. 1. The Bulls are headed for the No. 4 seed in their first playoff appearance since Michael Jordan called Chicago sweet home.

Meanwhile, Crawford's first season in New York will end in another 11 days, making him 5-for-5. Five seasons. Five lottery appearances.

"They've all stepped up," Crawford said last night at the Meadowlands, referring to his former teammates. "They play really hard. Coach (Scott) Skiles really has them playing well."

But the Bulls' success without him also doesn't reflect well on Crawford, who was deemed expendable by GM John Paxson last summer. During his four seasons in Chicago, Crawford played for three coaches who didn't have the word "interim" before their title. All three tried to convince him that he didn't have to put the ball up the minute he stepped over the midcourt line. All three attempted to get him to play some semblance of defense. All three failed, miserably.

and on that note, i must go get ready for the game. will report back later in the thread. remember, let's keep it clean!

:wink:

go bulls!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

What..? I kid...I kid.

I do think NY will take this one for some reason. I don't know why...maybe Jamal is due?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts