1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center>Jazz feelin' the Chi-town blues

VS

Season Records
Utah Jazz (4-2) (3-1 on road) @ Chicago Bulls (2-2) (1-1 at home)

United Center, Chicago, Illinois, Saturday November 12th, 2005
Utah Jazz @ Chicago 7:30pm WGN / NBA TV

<b><blink>STARTING LINEUPS</blink></b>

Bowling Green State-6'2-McLEOD <> CSKA-6'6-GIRICEK <> CSKA-6'9-KIRILENKO <> Efes Pilsen-6'11-OKUR <> Kansas-7'2-OSTERTAG

VS

Duke-6'1-DUHON <> Kansas-6'3-HINRICH <> Tau Ceramica-6'7-NOCIONI <> Wake Forest-6'8-SONGAILA <> Dominguez-7'1-CHANDLER

<b><blink>Key Bench Players</blink></b>

6'3-WILLIAMS <> 6'7-HARPRING <> 6'9-HUMPHRIES <> 6'11-COLLINS

---

6'2-GORDON <> 6'9-DENG <> 6'8-SWEETNEY <> 6'9-HARRINGTON

Individual Leaders:

<table border="3" bordercolor="#000000" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>BULLS</td><td>
</td><td>JAZZ</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 37,7</td><td>MPG</td><td>Kirilenko 40,2</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Hinrich 17.8</td><td>PPG</td><td>Okur 20,8</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Chandler 10</td><td>RPG</td><td>Okur 8,8</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 9,3</td><td>APG</td><td>Kirilenko 4,7</td></tr><tr align="center"></tr><tr align="center"><td>Duhon 2</td><td>SPG</td><td>Kirilenko 1,5</td></tr><tr align="center"><td>2x tied @ 1 (Sweetney)</td><td>BPG</td><td>Kirilenko 3,67</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>Chandler .542</td><td>FG%</td><td>Okur .518</td></tr></tr><tr align="center"><td>Hinrich .545</td><td>3P%</td><td>Okur .500</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>
BDG's Tag of the Day Competition
todays tag brought to you by

mizenkay
</center>

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Look out for Okur. The guy is red hot this year, averaging 20 ppg and 8 reb. I'm proud to say I've been a fan of him since he was a rookie for Detroit, and it's cool to see his talents emerge. This will be one of those instances where we stick Chandler on the PF (Okur) and Sweetney on the inept center (Ostertag). Hopefully we don't get out-sized.

Can't believe the Jazz are 3-1 on the road. This will be a challenge, hope we finally put a complete game together.

Bulls - 95
Jazz - 85

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Bulls 93
Jazz 85

Gordon 24 points / 3 assists
Okur 21 points / 11 rebounds

·
Premium Member
68,864 Posts
Bulls 97
Jazz 91

from mybulls: "Chicago's two wins last season gave it the slimmest of leads at 38-37 in the all-time series"

oh boy...

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts

Is Kirk's head too small?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Deron Williams' first game in Chicago since he left the Illini. I expect to see a vocal minority cheering everything he does tonight.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
random questions and thoughts going into tonight's game:

* will tim thomas see any burn? or is he too busy picking out wallpaper for the den of the doghouse? (though paneling could be a nice look, or wainscotting)

* will gordon stop it with the tear drop thing already and take it hard to the hole and start drawing fouls? he is aces at the FT line, and that would really help. plus the fact that the song "96 teardrops" immediately goes into my head when he does this and it's driving me totally nuts.

* will songaila show up in the form of the songaila that showed up v. the cats?

* malik allen? we signed this dude. am wondering why?

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Deron Williams gets praise from Scott Skiles, Jason Kidd

Illini fans can check on Williams’ progress tonight when the Jazz (4-2) battles the Bulls at the United Center. Utah played in Toronto on Friday and won 99-84. Williams played 26 minutes and scored 15 points while handing out 6 assists.

Utah coach Jerry Sloan, one of the greatest players in Bulls history, recognized what Williams was getting into and gave him a break by opening the season with well-traveled Keith McLeod starting at point. Williams came off the bench to produce 18 points and 3 assists in his NBA debut against Dallas.

He hasn’t been spectacular, but Williams played well enough to earn some positive reviews.

“I like him. I liked him in college,” Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. “I think he has the ability and upside to be a very, very good pro point guard. He’s strong. He shoots the ball well enough. He’s quick. It seems like he’s got a nice way about him out there, the way he conducts himself and runs the team.

“There are three point guards that went high (Williams, New Orleans’ Chris Paul and Charlotte’s Raymond Felton) and they’re all good. So far all three of them have played very well.”

New Jersey point guard Jason Kidd had good things to say when Utah played the Nets this week.

“I saw him in the NCAA Tournament,” Kidd said in the Bergen Record. “He took big shots, found the open guy, played defense, played both sides of the ball. So he has the total package.

“If he is (the next Kidd), I wish him the best of luck. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

[More in URL]

:clap:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bulls 93
Jazz 82

Big games for Gordon and Chandler.

Big game for Deron Williams in his return to the state of Illinois.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Bulls win

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
hey bull market, in case you didn't see the little footnote at the bottom of your post, i edited out a few of the pics as they were badly throwing off the thread width. and the second one was deleted cause it was even wider, and frankly, um, we got it the first time.

i don't mean to offend you by doing this. it's just that some people still have dial-up (not me) and so many pics means the thread loads very very slowly.

thanks.

miz

ps. that drawing of the frat boys is very disturbing. ewww.

·
Registered
579 Posts
narek said:
Duhon's starting tonight.

And WGN is showing the game nationwide!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

It's about freakin' time, especially after they denied us a national broadcast last Saturday.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts