1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SIXERS @ BULLS

Saturday April 8, 2006 7:30 CT United Center, Chicago

Series: Bulls lead 2-1.

Last meeting: Bulls won 99-92, April 5th in Philadelphia.

Records: Bulls 35-40, 76ers 34-41.

76ers probable starters

G Allen Iverson
G Kevin Ollie
F Andre Iguodala
F Chris Webber
C Samuel Dalembert

Sixers stats

Bulls probable starters

G Chris Duhon
G Kirk Hinrich
F Luol Deng
F Andres Nocioni
C Michael Sweetney

Bulls stats

Sixers just lost to the Celtics 107-99 and now they get on a plane and fly to Chicago where the Bulls are waiting.

Story line: Nothing to see here … except for the most critical game of the season for both the Bulls and the 76ers as far as playoff prospects. A Bulls victory, and whatever standings advantage it provides, will be huge; Philadelphia has four road games and four games against teams in the playoff picture in its last six. The Bulls have averaged 106 points per game in three meetings with Philadelphia this season, with six players averaging double-figure scoring.

tribune

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Re: Official Game Thread: Sixers @ Bulls 4/8/06 - 7:30pm CT WGNSuperStation/WPSG/NBAL

Just win baby.

The Magic seem to be having a little run, too, beating Detroit. They are four games back.

Yea! I get to watch this game. WGN Superstation is my savior.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Well, let's see:

Philly lost their 4th straight, I believe.
We have won four 4th straight, I'm sure of that.
We play Philly in Chicago tomorrow night.
The Bulls are in the 8th spot, and Philly lost the 8th spot the other day.

That's a recipe for a blowout by the Bulls. I predict Philly loses by 30 or more! :biggrin:

Just predicting. Don't take my word on that, please.

But I'm thinking... Bulls 110 76ers 76

(lol Do you like that? They'll make as much as in their name.) They aren't going anywhere now. They are like the New York Knicks of the second half of the season. lmao. This is fun to watch, IMO, because one of my friends is a Philly fan, and he's been annoying me alot about Philly getting in the playoffs over Chicago. Now I can just dish out the same crap he's been dishing out to me. This is gonna two fun weeks to watch in the final run of the regular season.

GO BULLS!! LET'S GET THAT 8TH SPOT!! IT'S OURS NOW!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Blood on the Horns!! That 8th spot is ours to keep!! So let's keep it!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Official Game Thread: Sixers @ Bulls 4/8/06 - 7:30pm CT WGNSuperStation/WPSG/NBAL

A win most likely puts us within .5 game of the SIXTH spot, assuming NJ and Detroit beat Milwaukee and Indy respectively on Sunday. This is a big game, we can put away Philly then turn our sights on the Bucks and Pacers.

RUNNING OF THE BULLS IS ON!!!

(I'll have to listen to this one on ESPN Radio as I will be visiting my very cable TV-less grandparents tomorrow.)

·
Premium Member
3,528 Posts
Let's go Bulls, this game will reveal a lot about the toughness and focus of this team in my opinion. I think we'll beat them by simply playing harder than them, this is our game to lose.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my bulls e-news

yahoo preview

The surging Chicago Bulls look to solidify their hold on eighth place in the Eastern Conference when they meet the fading Philadelphia 76ers for the second time this week.

Chicago, which enters with a four-game winning streak, leads Philadelphia by one game for the eighth and final playoff spot. The Bulls finally moved ahead of the 76ers by winning at Philadelphia, 99-92 on Wednesday.

Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni each scored 21 points to lead Chicago. Gordon had 17 points in the first half before twisting his ankle in the third quarter, although he is expected to play Saturday.

"I think we continue to gain confidence within ourselves," Gordon said. "We're starting to mature a little more and understand what it takes to be successful."

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

I'm headin to the UC hoping to find a good scalped deal. I've done this before for several games, but never this 'high profile'. The closest would be the detroit game last month (which is usually a hard find because of the flocks of Pistons fans coming to the city) Wish me luck, I'm hoping to not pay more then $30 a ticket.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You know what, a win tonight will set a record for this season, although it isn't anything to go crazy about. lol It will be our fifth win in a row, and it will be our highest winning streak of the season, with our current record being four wins in a row. I told you it was nothing to be excited about. LOL

But this is the game of the season. This will make or break our chance of making it into the playoffs. (well, not really, but it will help. :))

GO BULLS!! GET A WIN!!

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
unBULLievable said:
Damn...Pike and Deng collided in practice..pike needed 18 stitches...both are out of the game :(
Just saw that on Bulls Eye too. Talk abt bad timing :(. I can only hope both will be feeling alright soon. We aren't making the postseason w/ Deng missing any more than 2 games.

·
Registered
103 Posts

On of the few games I'll be able to catch on t.v. That sucks about Deng, he just has bad luck around this time of year it seems!

It's good that C-Webb's out though. We need this one.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.