Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WIZARDS @ BULLS

Series: Bulls lead 2-1.

Last meeting: Wizards won 113-104 on March 19 in Washington.

Records: Wizards 39-39; Bulls 37-41.

Bulls probable starters ppg:

G Kirk Hinrich 15.6; G Ben Gordon 16.5; F Andres Nocioni 12.7; F Malik Allen 4.8; C Michael Sweetney 8.4

Bulls stats

Wizards probable starters ppg:

G Antonio Daniels 9.4; G Gilbert Arenas 29.1; F Jared Jeffries 6.3; F Antawn Jamison 20.6; C Etan Thomas 4.8

Wizards stats

Story line: Gilbert Arenas has averaged 31.3 points and six assists per game against the Bulls this season. The Wizards have struggled without the services of Caron Butler (sprained right thumb), who averages 17.3 ppg. After falling to the Bulls in two of the previous three meetings this season, Washington is in danger of losing a season series to the Bulls for the first time since 2000-01.

Tribune

The Chicago Bulls look to maintain complete control of their playoff hopes and continue their push for the postseason as they host the Washington Wizards.

Chicago is tied with Philadelphia for eighth place in the Eastern Conference, but the Bulls own the tiebreaker with the 76ers by virtue of a better conference record. They also are one game behind Milwaukee and Indiana for sixth, and the fifth-place Wizards are just two games ahead of the Bulls.

yahoo preview

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heading into Friday night's game at Chicago, the Wizards are alone in fifth place but they hold a tenuous one-game lead over Milwaukee and Indiana and a two-game advantage over Chicago and Philadelphia with four games to play.

"No matter what else is happening, Chicago is a make-or-break game," Jamison said. "You can say there are four games to go, but you don't want to tie and be in a position where it comes down to that last game and you either need to win or you need help from somebody else. We've got to win to keep that cushion."

Only last week, Washington appeared to be comfortably locked into the fifth seed, a spot that would set up a favorable first-round matchup with the fourth-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers.

The first signs of trouble appeared when third-leading scorer Caron Butler came away from a win at Boston last Wednesday with a sprained right thumb. Without Butler, who is expected to miss his fifth straight game Friday, the Wizards have failed to match their scoring average (101.5 points per game) in four straight losses, and the necessity of moving guard Antonio Daniels into the starting lineup has robbed the bench of much-needed scoring.

Washington Post

·
Premium Member
3,528 Posts
This game isn't just huge, it's importance is gigantic! We really need to take care of the Wizards at home, I hope Ben has the hot hand tonight.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
The Wizards are becoming quite the rival for this current Bulls team. Gilbert's play drives me absolutely crazy during these matchups, he's appears harder to contain than a greased pig. It would be nice to see if Gordon can continue his incredible play and best Gilbert tonight.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my bulls e-news

The Chicago Bulls are looking very much like they want to make the playoffs. The Washington Wizards appear to be indifferent.

With major postseason implications on the line, the Bulls (37-41) host the Wizards (39-39) on Friday (7:00 p.m. CT | CSN & ESPN/ESPN Radio 1000).

Chicago has won two in a row and eight of its last 10 to lend a hand in the Eastern Conference's jumbled playoff race. It enters the contest tied with Philadelphia for the final spot in the East, one game behind Indiana and Milwaukee, and two back of Washington, which has lost four in a row.

Ben Gordon scored 19 points and Kirk Hinrich added 17 in the Bulls' 96-90 victory over Atlanta on Wednesday. Both were nursing minor injuries after the game but should be available against the Wizards.

·
Premium Member
3,528 Posts
Frankensteiner said:
Assuming Duhon is out, an interesting question for tonight is how many times will Arenas and Daniels pump fake Pargo into fouling them on a jumpshot?
I always hate playing the Wizards because Arenas has a tendency to abuse our guards, he needs to be stopped Kirk!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Bulls win

P.S. I will accept check or money order from those who are making money,
because of my (highly accurate) predictions...or at least some sort of recognition :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Duhon will be a game-time decision Friday, but Deng will miss his fourth straight game.
According to sportsline.com's preview.

4 games over 7 days from a concussion? Must have been a bad concussion. Gonna be hard to stop the forwards without him.

Really hope Etan Thomas doesn't light us up again, I'm getting really sick of that.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Etan Thomas has back issues and so does Arenas, both are no where near 100%

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i am hoping the sportsline (and yahoo) previews are wrong about deng.

bulls.com injury report has him listed as PROBABLE. so hopefully he can get in the game off the bench and shake loose those cobwebs.

it musta been a hard hit. i mean kirk got his bell rung hard and only missed one game.

(he's tough though :smilewink )

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.