Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant do it anymore guys....i tried to my hardest, but i'm done with this team...for the sake of basketball every where i think we should make these guys stop playin, now!!...any of you who deny kinda wishing whitsit was still here are lying to yourselves...the team that we field out there is flat out a disgrace to the city of portland...if you are gonna go with the young guys then GO WITH THE YOUNG GUYS, dont mess with them...putting outlaw in with 2 mins left?!?!?!?!?!?!?! some may say that any time is better development than no time but i strongly disagree as a somewhat experienced bball player, some may and possibly outlaw included see those 2 mins as a slap in the face....WOW, yeah i'm rambling i know but WOW it is apalling how far blazer basketball has fallen in such a short period of time

PS- DA is the perfect example of why the NBA needs non-gauranteed contracts...i want to slap him myself, he doesnt deserve to wear a portland uniform and disgraces all former blazers each and everytime he puts one on (and FYI for all of you who think DA is a "good" guy- its a front, DA is a cancer)

GO BLAZERS! (or whats left of it)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Don't they have a name for these types of fans?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
riehldeal said:
i cant do it anymore guys....i tried to my hardest, but i'm done with this team...for the sake of basketball every where i think we should make these guys stop playin, now!!...any of you who deny kinda wishing whitsit was still here are lying to yourselves
or not.
...the team that we field out there is flat out a disgrace to the city of portland...
not sure how you can say they're a "disgrace" to the city. The Lakers right now are playing really bad (one could argue they're playing worse). Are they a 'disgrace' to LA?

if you are gonna go with the young guys then GO WITH THE YOUNG GUYS, dont mess with them...putting outlaw in with 2 mins left?!?!?!?!?!?!?! some may say that any time is better development than no time but i strongly disagree as a somewhat experienced bball player, some may and possibly outlaw included see those 2 mins as a slap in the face....WOW, yeah i'm rambling i know but WOW it is apalling how far blazer basketball has fallen in such a short period of time

PS- DA is the perfect example of why the NBA needs non-gauranteed contracts...i want to slap him myself, he doesnt deserve to wear a portland uniform and disgraces all former blazers each and everytime he puts one on (and FYI for all of you who think DA is a "good" guy- its a front, DA is a cancer)

GO BLAZERS! (or whats left of it)
I don't know if I'd say that playing DA or whatever, makes the team a disgrace. I think most fans (especially those who have followed other teams) know that teams have down periods. We're just experiencing our first in 30 years, and most fans don't know how to respond ot that. So they come up with hyper-sensative comments, and kind of look silly in the process.

When the Mavs won 11 games about 10 years ago (3 years, iirc, after making the playoffs against Portland) they weren't a 'disgrace' to Dallas.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fair enough....but hear me out

over paid cry babies like DA and darius miles dont deserve to wear the blazer uniform and embarrass the likes of clyde, terry, and Buck who always worked their asses off no matter what....alot our current players lack what i would call heart.....you know what, nevermind...i guess if you cant see it or maybe it doesnt frustrate you then go have fun.....i'm just sayin that i wouldnt mind losing if our guys played hard and tried, a LOSING MENTALITY is being born here and we better stop it now! or we will be forgetting what it felt like to win....i for one think that as fans we have the right to expect more than what we are currently getting

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
riehldeal said:
fair enough....but hear me out

over paid cry babies like DA and darius miles dont deserve to wear the blazer uniform and embarrass the likes of clyde, terry, and Buck who always worked their asses off no matter what....
Buck and Terry, yes. Clyde? no.

Clyde was known for skipping practices, and whining a *whole* lot.
alot our current players lack what i would call heart.....you know what, nevermind...i guess if you cant see it or maybe it doesnt frustrate you then go have fun.....i'm just sayin that i wouldnt mind losing if our guys played hard and tried, a LOSING MENTALITY is being born here and we better stop it now! or we will be forgetting what it felt like to win....i for one think that as fans we have the right to expect more than what we are currently getting
it's not a race. it's a marathon.

·
Registered
837 Posts
riehldeal said:
hey TINCE, say that to my face
:curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight: :curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight: :curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight::curse: :sfight: :sfight: :sfight:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
same for u tince...i'm frustrated....i came home from ballin and found the game on TV and i decided i cant take it anymore, ITS SAD....but i know i wont turn away....i love the blazers, always have and always will

here's hoping for a top 2 pick

marvin williams or bogut!!!!! PLEASE GOD

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'll up your Rep points just for taking the time to do that. You said it much better than I did. Thanks RW#30!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
riehldeal said:
say for ya tince...i'm frustrated....i came home from ballin and found the game on TV and i decided i cant take it anymore, ITS SAD....but i know i wont turn away....i love the blazers, always have and always will

here's hoping for a top 2 pick

marvin williams or bogut!!!!! PLEASE GOD
I had a feeling you didn't mean it, just a cry for help.

I hope we get a top 2 pick as well!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
instead of caring about wins (cause they hurt us more) you should be watching how some player work together and watch out young guys who are the future and not the ones that will be gone.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
riehldeal said:
....but i know i wont turn away....i love the blazers, always have and always will
That was quick, you just said you were Done. :rolleyes:

These threads always turn out to be just smoke though, any time you see one you can be guaranteed that the poster didn't really give up. Life goes on, and the Blazers go on.

Prz was great to watch tonight, and I'm still studying Khryapa.

Go Blazers

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Backboard Cam said:
Prz was great to watch tonight, and I'm still studying Khryapa.

Go Blazers
I'll give you one thing...the kid doesn't shoot enough! To the point where he's trying to be a team player, but he's actually hurting the team.

Outside of that, there are some things I love, and a lot of question marks.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
patience my friend......patience.....

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Tince said:
I'll give you one thing...the kid doesn't shoot enough! To the point where he's trying to be a team player, but he's actually hurting the team.
That's foreign basketball. Passing is the name of the game. They enjoy passing the ball and a good pass is as respected as a good dunk.

Fundamentals, man. They don't take the shot that is easy to take, they take the shot that is easy to make.

For instance, people are down on Boris Diaw ... I see that kid as a PRIME player on a championship team. Why? Because he does the little things and gets the ball to people. Put him with a good coach and a great team ... he's Toni Kukoc. I'd love to see him on San Antonio.

Viktor is of the same mold.

Play.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts