Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Utes handle UK's pressure?

Can the Utes deal with Kentucky's ridiculous depth?

Can anyone in the country contain Bogut?

Should be a dandy...

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
If I'm Tubby I put Randolph Morris 1 on 1 vs Bogut to start the game and just see how it works out. If Morris can handle him the game's over before half time, if not then you can adjust and be assured that Utah probably won't run away with it even if Morris can't handle him for 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
But the point is that no one has tried to match up against him 1 on 1, you need to see if it can be done. And if not, then you can make adjustments. I really wish CBS was showing that game instead of UNC - Nova because I think it's a more interesting game from a basketball enthusiast point of view. If you want to see extreme talent then UNC is the team to watch, but Utah - Kentucky seems like a chess match.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Nimreitz said:
But the point is that no one has tried to match up against him 1 on 1, you need to see if it can be done. And if not, then you can make adjustments. I really wish CBS was showing that game instead of UNC - Nova because I think it's a more interesting game from a basketball enthusiast point of view. If you want to see extreme talent then UNC is the team to watch, but Utah - Kentucky seems like a chess match.
Morris is a fouloholic and a pathetic defender. That strategy would be disastrous to them.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
The game is being played at Utah's pace. But Bogut isn't converting his shots as per usual. He is picking up a ton of fouls on Kentucky's front line. Hayes, Morris, and Ozerbut I think, all have 2 fouls. Tubby Smith is going deep into his bench. Bogut looks fatigued.

19-11. But Utah is about to shoot free throws. They are staying in the game at the free throw line right now. And the fact that Kentucky can't get anything inside.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Utah had an 8 minute field goal drought. But it's only 21-14.
Billy Packer is very excited about Kentucky's centers. Even though they aren't really doing much.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
23-18
Bogut is controlling the glass. Utah is playing good defense, no real wide open jumpers for kentucky. On offense, it's pretty much a steady march to the free throw line for Utah.

I'm glad I'm getting this game instead of the other one. I don't want to sit there and watch another Roy Williams team choke in the sweet sixteen. It's kind of old hat.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Bogut almost has a double double in the first half, but is shooting horribly. So it's quite something that Utah is only down 29-24 going into the half.

On the flip side. Kentucky didn't play it's starters for most of the half.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I was going to say, if Bogut starts hitting his shots, this thing could be over... but it's not that simple. Kentucky will have their guns out there in the second half.

Reactions: Pan Mengtu

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Greg Ostertag! said:
I was going to say, if Bogut starts hitting his shots, this thing could be over... but it's not that simple. Kentucky will have their guns out there in the second half.
Yeah. The way I figure it, Bogut will have to hit those shots in the second half, just to keep Utah in it. Kentucky's starters are going to be going insane in the second half. Tubby Smith is coaching a masterful game.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Utah is always at their best when Markson and Hawkins go backdoor and THROW IT DOWN

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Utah is just hanging around. I can't tell if that's good or bad. If we're waiting on Utah or Kentucky. Gotta make freethrows if you're going to be shooting this poorly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts