Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
bullhawk, nice try, honest. but i think kirk finishing in the top 5 (and i truly believe he will) will be just icing on the cake the way some people were writing him off after the draft and at the beginning of the season. but nice try.:)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
He may get a vote here or there.

Question: What if he's at or near 20 points a game for the rest of the season? What if last night was the real Hiney?

Carmelo is at 19 and LeBron is at 20 ppg.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Lebron is too strong an individual performer. He has more asists and about double Kirk's points, Bullhawk.

Melo is a flawed player right now. He's shooting a lot and only shooting 40%, but his team is winning, and the rest of his stats are nice. He gets the nod over Kirk.

Kirk's defense is better than either one of these two. I hope he can finish the year with the lead in rookie assists.

Look for Dwyane and Kirk to battle it out for #3 and #4.

No shame in losing to either of those two, Bullhawk. I feel like Melo is in Kirk's range, but Bron is not. He just shouldn't exist.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Even if Hinrich were to end with 16 Points per game he would get no love since all the media loves to ************** LeBron and Melo *****!!

:upset:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is my arguement. Lebron and Melo both get so much hype but really have then been more impressive than Kirk? I will say that Lebron for the most part has but not Melo. It should in essence be a battle between Lebron and Kirk for ROY.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
I think it will be co-ROY with LeBron and Carmelo.

If Kirk continues to play like he did last night then #3 isn't out of the question. But who knows what Wade will do once he's off the IR.

In any other year, i would agree KIRK for ROY.

:yes:

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
KH over LJ, CA!?

Even DW!?

Not gonna happen........

·
Registered
736 Posts
Rookie of the Year will come down to Lebron and Lebron, not Lebron and Kirk, even though Kirk may just finish in 2nd place. Those averages are gonna need to come up though, say 13 and 7, then he can be ahead of Carmelo. Though, if Melo puts on a few 30+ games, it's over.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!
That is my arguement. Lebron and Melo both get so much hype but really have then been more impressive than Kirk?
Uh, yeah. Kirk is definitely a top 5 rookie, but he's not up there with LeBron and Carmelo. Kirk and Wade are on that second tier below them, which is no small accomplishment. This is one of the better crops of rookies of the last decade or so.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Check out Bach reacting to Marion about to land in their bench. Funny stuff!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Kirky is up there #3 or #4 battling with Deeewayne, but he's not going to win ROY unless he both emotionally and concretely (as in it will show in the stats) leads us to the playoffs.

'Melo and LJ actually deserve their hype cause they're high school kids doing what rookies used to do from 4 years out of college. They're probably going to be co-rooks of the year based on LJ's hype and 'Melo's winning.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Since Stockton is gone maybe Jim Rome can start calling Hinrich The Pasty Gangsta.

Lebron is the best rookie. No question.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts