Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
He'd be more effective if he shed about 10 pounds. Still, he has a nose for the ball with some very good offensive rebounds, and he has good patience with that assist to Miller for the 3.
His pre-draft measurements suggest he is very long. Measured in at 6'8.75 in shoes, but with a 7'4 wingspan and 9'3 standing reach. That puts him right in the Elton Brand territory in terms of physical stature. He's by no means a physical freak, but seems to be one of those "good, not great" athletes. Moves pretty well for being so strong.

But as you say, he showed a nose for the ball. That's similar to what I remember from pre-season. I can see why we chose him as the Noah replacement, since he brings similar qualities. Hustle, rebounding, post defense.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
I've seen Miami lose 3 times in the past 8 days (twice to Milwaukee). They do have issues. It was a good win.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Richard really played well. I thought his defense was excellent. Played within himself. Obviously cant score but I thought he played very smart and hard. Again really excellent team and man defense.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
Richard really played well. I thought his defense was excellent. Played within himself. Obviously cant score but I thought he played very smart and hard. Again really excellent team and man defense.
I agree... he seemed to be in the right place at the right time for the most part... and he had a few deflections that showed me he has pretty quick hands and decent defensive instincts.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Richard leads the team in rebounding so far with 7! Has two blocks, two steals. He even missed a lay up like the rest of the players! He fits right in.
:lol:

Brilliant.

Good game guys. JO was awesome for us, just a shame he was about the only player with any use for us last night.

I like that Chris Richard guy for you, although he reminds me of the ChrisRichards poster on here. :laugh: 7 rebounds in 20 minutes, when Miller only got 8 in 36 mins.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Miami still murdered us on the boards. Bulls won mainly b/c of the turnover story, only 8 in the game.

J. O'Neal definitely had a turn back the clock day. I know Noah gives him trouble, so it's possible Miller's slowness had something to do with it. He looked like the O'Neal of old for sure.

Hinrich continues to be the best Wade-stopper in the league, IMO. I've still yet to see any other player slow him down as frequently as Hinrich, dating back to the 2003 NCAA tourney.

Devin Brown hasn't shown me much so far in limited time, other than he is chubbier than I remember.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
JO looked like the JO we half saw at the start of the season. We do a POTG over on the Miami forum, and he got a lot of them at the start of the season. He's the main guy we need to win guys, behind Wade and Beasley's obvious contributions.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts