Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm covering the NBADL this year for draftexpress.com, and I'll be attending the majority of the games for the Fort Worth Flyers. I made this thread so we can watch the progress of Dwayne Jones and Bracey Wright, and talk about other D League players who may be of interest.

Bracey Wright was named a starter for the Florida Flame, while Jones is coming off the bench. The Flame play their first game on November 25th, the Friday after Thanksgiving. The official site of the NBADL is www.nba.com/dleague
You can find the Flame's schedule at this link: http://www.nba.com/dleague/florida/fla_0506schedule.html

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I attended two of the practices for the Fort Worth Flyers last week. These were held at a high school, and I was the only media member present, and it was pretty interesting. Deji Ankindele was a player that interested me as a second round pick before the draft, and for a while, I liked him a little better than Jones. He is known as a shotblocker, although rebounding seems to be the best part of his game to me, but he is a good athelete. In drills, you can see how bad of a shooter he is. He went 0/8 from the ft line in one drill. Deji had a relatively quiet first game, but had 23 points and 9 boards in the game the Flyers had tonight. Keith Lankford is also on this team, and he is fun to watch, though he has no J. MaJic aka Darryl Dorsey, formerly of the AND1 tour a couple years back, plays point for the Flyers (a positions shared with Vonteego Cummings), and he is a much better floor general than I expected to see. He tries risky passes at times, and just doesn't have the size to play defense in the NBA. So, if anybody has anymore questions about the Flyers, or any other players or teams in the NBADL, let me know.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Wow Twolvesgg long time no see! Hey thanks for doing this, I considered doing this at one point but I would probably only show stats and thats it. This is greatly apprciated, thank you.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
keith langford? we should take a look at him, hes got a good shot and a great handle i remember when he was at KU. and aaron miles and simeon are in the league so y not him

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
well i know at ku he was an undersized 2 and had a great handle and a good shot, and he took all the clutch shots down the stretch but hes a small 2 unless hes converted to a 1 and shoots bad ft%

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Langford is an undersized 2 with no J. He has a good handle, and is pretty athletic. In practice the guy loved to dunk, but he had a problem passing up open shooting looks to drive into crowds and force up shots. The coaches really wanted him to pop the midrange J the second he came off the screen.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Let us know Wolves summer league guys Sean Banks and John Lucas, also I heard Jeff Hagen made a team?

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Yeah I think he was drafted in like the 4th round, maybe 3rd I don't remember off the top of my head.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Well, Wright is not get his work in at the point, which is the main reason for him being down there. He is scoring good and shooting well though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts