Registered
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milwaukee "official" attendence: 20098 **SELLOUT**

Chicago "official" attendence 16898

Utah "official" attendence 14449

Houston "official" attendence 20098 **SELLOUT**

Average official attendence was around 17000

Now, I was there for 2 of those 4 games, and I believe all those figures to be completely false, however, give Yormark credit, at least he's trying.., and it is an improvement.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Net2 said:

Now, I was there for 2 of those 4 games, and I believe all those figures to be completely false, however, give Yormark credit, at least he's trying.., and it is an improvement.

Houston was without a doubt a sell out...are you mad dog russo looking to call out the Nets?

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nets1524512 said:
Houston was without a doubt a sell out...are you mad dog russo looking to call out the Nets?
LOL no, I'm giving credit to Yormark and the front office staff. At least this franchise won't be lame duck before the move, and that's all I really wanted

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Net2 said:
LOL no, I'm giving credit to Yormark and the front office staff. At least this franchise won't be lame duck before the move, and that's all I really wanted

The Chicago crowd looked bigger than the Milwakee crowd IMO....

The only fudged figure was the opening night crowd. Otherwise the figures look accurate.

The Nets have alot more season ticket holders than last year....and more people bought 6 and 10 game packages compared to last year

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Net2 said:

Baloney...a sellout is when all the tickets are sold...it is not when all the seats are filled. The Nets have a lot of new corporate sponsors and as part of sponsorship deals they buy blocks of tickets. They give them away, but the tickets are still SOLD. Mike and the Mad Dog would prefer that the definition of "sell out" be changed to every seat filled. 17,885 PAID ATTENDANCE is STUNNING for this franchise.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
The Chicago crowd looked bigger than the Milwakee crowd IMO....

The only fudged figure was the opening night crowd. Otherwise the figures look accurate.

The Nets have alot more season ticket holders than last year....and more people bought 6 and 10 game packages compared to last year
No indication any numbers were "fudged". The league counts tickets SOLD, not seats filled. You think there are no empty seats at the Garden when they announce a "sell out"? Why in God's name would people accept Mike and the Mad Dog's definition of Sell Out over the NBA's.

This is why the Nets are moving to Brooklyn. New Jersey Net fans love to embrace whatever negativity presented to them.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
NetIncome said:
No indication any numbers were "fudged". The league counts tickets SOLD, not seats filled. You think there are no empty seats at the Garden when they announce a "sell out"? Why in God's name would people accept Mike and the Mad Dog's definition of Sell Out over the NBA's.

This is why the Nets are moving to Brooklyn. New Jersey Net fans love to embrace whatever negativity presented to them.
I was on the air with mike and the mad dog on that day they were trashing the Nets and Yormark, and I told them that the garden has been reporting fake sell outs for years...they agreed with me on that point.

The Nets even admitted that there was over 3,000 empty seats at the Milwakee game...Yormark said it himself...if you dont believe me you can listen to him say it by clicking this link

http://wfan.com/chrismikeaudio/local_audioclip_307174110.html

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
NetIncome said:
Baloney...a sellout is when all the tickets are sold...it is not when all the seats are filled. The Nets have a lot of new corporate sponsors and as part of sponsorship deals they buy blocks of tickets. They give them away, but the tickets are still SOLD. Mike and the Mad Dog would prefer that the definition of "sell out" be changed to every seat filled. 17,885 PAID ATTENDANCE is STUNNING for this franchise.

For the Milwakee game...not all tickets were paid for as you state...they were simply distributed, some for free to sponsors, and those were not used...Yormark admits it

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
NetIncome said:

Can you please CUT THE BS and stop with your personal speculations that makes no sense whatsoever?
Stick to the facts.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
I was on the air with mike and the mad dog on that day they were trashing the Nets and Yormark, and I told them that the garden has been reporting fake sell outs for years...they agreed with me on that point.

The Nets even admitted that there was over 3,000 empty seats at the Milwakee game...Yormark said it himself...if you dont believe me you can listen to him say it by clicking this link

Then why talk about numbers being "fudged"?????

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
X-JAY said:
Can you please CUT THE BS and stop with your personal speculations that makes no sense whatsoever?
Stick to the facts.
It's not BS. It's the truth. It's the typical Nets fan crap: find the negative and embrace it.

The Nets lose a few games and everyone panics. If the Nets have a losing record at the all-Star break, then I will panic.

Mike and the Mad Dog claim a game where all the tickets are sold but all the seats aren't filled isn't a sell out and most fans here accept that dunderheaded definition and talk about numbers being "fudged" and "official" numbers. There isn't a group of fans in the NBA would accept that other than Nets fans.

Instead of being happy the Nets have an average PAID attendance of 17,885--an incredible number, fans here believe ipso facto that it's fixed or fudged or a lie or whatever.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NetIncome said:

I don't see this as a negative, this thread was made to give credit to Yormark for at least giving the effort even though the desired results were not acheived. Sorry if you misinterpetied.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
all yormark and the nets can only do so much in selling tickets, there is no way to actually make those people to have those tickets to be in their seats. you cant go around picking everyone up and bring them to the game and be a babysitter. this is nothing new is sports. tickets are SOLD which is all the nba cares about. the nets should feel great about that. now if you have a sellout and there are only 10,000 people who show then that hurts, but when you sellout you sellout. this isnt filling the arena, this is selling it out. is it the nets/yormarks fault for people who have the tickets for not showing? no. they do their part in selling tickets. so haters who hate our team/this franchise can keep hating and saying how these numbers are inflated and how the nets gave away 10,000free tickets can keep hating. look at their team and they will see the same thing, empty seats. this is a business, right now the nets need to keep improving in the marketing department for this franchise to be a top franchise like yormark wants it to be. they need to create and atmosphere that is exciting and loud (which won't happen because the arena has families attending which doesnt create a rowdy homecourt crowd that other arenas have, which i think will change once in brooklyn). whether you know what a sellout is or go by the bible of mike and the idiot, you gotta appreciate the complete change that the marketing team has done. it actually looks like people care about the nets and want the public to know who we are and tell them, you know there is a pro basketball team in new jersey and they have been pretty dam good and have some pretty dam good talent maybe you should check it out. :cheers: to yormark and the marketing team. if things keep going like this, the move too brooklyn could be smoother than what people are expecting. if we had a train arriving at the arena and a new arena i think there would be plenty of more fans at every game, but that isnt the case here.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
sad people have to lie about sellouts to make it the team look good, people need to just tell the truth. When the move to NY happens probably be some sellouts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NYKBaller said:
sad people have to lie about sellouts to make it the team look good, people need to just tell the truth. When the move to NY happens probably be some sellouts
The Knicks have been doing it for years.

-Petey

·
Registered
210 Posts
NYKBaller said:
Are you being sarcastic/poking fun at yourself? Or are you just completely clueless?

The Knicks have been declaring sellouts on their games for the past 5 years when they really were barely squeeking 12K in the building.

Christ, Knicks fans will even stoop to hypocrisy just to trash the Nets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts