Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas,

14 more days until tip-off.

Who knows who is getting playing time for us but it should be a good test against the Hornets.

CA had an imflamed hip (Ouch!) and didn't play in the last game. Also Baron Davis, Elden Campbell and P.J. Brown also sat out. We should get Jamal though. Those guys are really hurting. Here is a link if you want to read it:

http://www.nola.com/sportsflash/hor...f.cgi?n4177_BC_BKN--Hornets&&news&nba_hornets

Should be entertaining nonetheless and let's talk about it here and finish our warm-ups before 10/30 and the Raptors.

·
Registered
973 Posts
if we can continue to play at the level we are playing at... then we should be able to beat the hornets since they have so many injuries...

But we have to learn how to close out a game. We lost the lead to the Nuggets in the 4th, and the 76ers forced overtime... so hopefully MJ coming on in the 4th will help us to dat.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Good test for our young bigs to go against Magloire and Traylor, I agree is a game we should win , I still look for MJ to play in a couple games at the end of the preseason.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Winning and losing is not really that important. I just want to see Kwame have another good, consistent effort and for Dixon and Jeffries to get some good run. I want Thomas to get more into it physically and I want Haywood to start rebounding. I also hope there are no more injuries.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
CA has been all talk so far. He had his chances last year and has done nothing to disprove the criticisms.

I will believe it when I see it.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I want to see some more of the younger lineups.

Dixon
Hughes
Jeffries
Kwame
Etan

That sounds good. Give Stack another night off. We all know what he can do, so lets give the young guys some run and some confidence.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I agree totally with BCH all CA has done is talk I notice he's injured again also pretty typical, seems as if he's in another battle with an incumbent which he won't probably win again, I really question his toughness, anyway I like Juan better and think he can blossom into an important role here CA may turn out okay but with Juan's intangibles and work ethic I think we got the better player, Winning right now doesn't matter but heck since they are keeping score why not, my chief concern at this point is Brendan's lack of rebounding, also I'd like to see JJ get more comfortable on the floor.

I don't know about you guys but too me I'm glad Kwame's showing signs because the questioning of him as pick would've been ridiculous, I can see the improvement just hope he can give the effort every night ,doesn't really matter the ppg just the hustle and effort for rebounds and blocks. Good to know that if we had injuries he could step into a slight scoring role to help. I think when all is said and done Kwame's going to be a really good scorer in the league more than anything, he has some potentially good skills.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I for one do not miss C.A. He was more 1 dimensional than Rip, and he was worst defensively. Juan may not have the raw physical talent that CA has, but he makes it up for it with heart, smart play, and defense.

·
Registered
973 Posts
geez they make so many mistakes...

hughes and haywood took 17 attempts in a total of 8 minutes. Now that is a huge mistake...

·
Registered
973 Posts
WEll its finall

Washington 88, New Orleans 78

And oh yea... Dixon struggled it seems like... turnovers still on the high side... improved FT shooting... Stack, Brown and Hughes continue some good play...

This team is going places!!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hughes and Juan had poor shooting nights.

Kwame's stats in the preseason: 18 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 bpg in 4 games. I didn't calculate his fgp, but I think its somewhere around 60% which is pretty damn good.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
It seems like Kwame's confidence right now is soaring, I'd still like to see more rebounds but thats just being picky, Stackhouse seems to be playing well, Hughes didn't shoot well but he seemed to play well, Nice to see Brendan get those rebound numbers up.

I find it funny I've seen posts about how well Kwame's playing and how people are changing their minds about him alot of people who said he was a bust are not reversing field. I can say most everyone here has had faith in him but it is just unfair to catergorize a highschool player a bust after one season, Now I see elsewhere that people are calling Diop a bust, way too premature to make those assumptions.

unrelated the Terps hammer Ga Tech go terps.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Okay guys, I actually went to this game. I was able to attain some pretty nice seats. I was 8 rows back from Elden Campbell and PJ Brown. Baron had a good first half, but then his back tightened up and he sat out the whole second half. He did, however, come out in a tight red and pink outfit that looked like it was straight out of one of those NBA Funk commercials.

My most glaring observation (other than the fact that Patrick Ewing fell asleep 4 times during the game) was that Kwame Brown is a beast. This whole preason his hype has been building, and I thought that he was just playing against weak competition. I could not have been more wrong. He literally torched Jerome Moiso, Robert Traylor, and Kirk Haston with a wide variety of post moves. Kwame has a dynamite drop step into the lane with a soft touch on his righty and lefty hooks across the middle. His moves to the baseline were solid as far as footwork, but he looked a little uncomfortable once he got there and usually wound up passing out of traffic (which he also did effectively).

The most impressive part of his game, though, was brought to the forefront whenever Jamaal Magliore got switched on him. Kwame faced up the league's best bench Center time and time again and either stroked the silky-smooth 18 foot jumper or beat him off the dribble and finished. Brown reminds me of Bernard King offensively. This kid is going to explode this year, fellas. WOW!

Also, I saw Tractor Traylor(a friend of mine) after the game, and I asked him what he thought of the kid. He told me he had no idea Kwame's feet moved as cleanly as they do. Traylor said he was going to be one of the toughest covers in the whole conference this season.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>RollWithEm</b>!
Okay guys, I actually went to this game. I was able to attain some pretty nice seats. I was 8 rows back from Elden Campbell and PJ Brown. Baron had a good first half, but then his back tightened up and he sat out the whole second half. He did, however, come out in a tight red and pink outfit that looked like it was straight out of one of those NBA Funk commercials.

My most glaring observation (other than the fact that Patrick Ewing fell asleep 4 times during the game) was that Kwame Brown is a beast. This whole preason his hype has been building, and I thought that he was just playing against weak competition. I could not have been more wrong. He literally torched Jerome Moiso, Robert Traylor, and Kirk Haston with a wide variety of post moves. Kwame has a dynamite drop step into the lane with a soft touch on his righty and lefty hooks across the middle. His moves to the baseline were solid as far as footwork, but he looked a little uncomfortable once he got there and usually wound up passing out of traffic (which he also did effectively).

The most impressive part of his game, though, was brought to the forefront whenever Jamaal Magliore got switched on him. Kwame faced up the league's best bench Center time and time again and either stroked the silky-smooth 18 foot jumper or beat him off the dribble and finished. Brown reminds me of Bernard King offensively. This kid is going to explode this year, fellas. WOW!

Also, I saw Tractor Traylor(a friend of mine) after the game, and I asked him what he thought of the kid. He told me he had no idea Kwame's feet moved as cleanly as they do. Traylor said he was going to be one of the toughest covers in the whole conference this season.
Now you are talking my language. Thanks for the update Roll... It's difficult to tell what is going on just looking at the box score. If we have some production from Kwame at the 4 we could truly be dangerous.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts