Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all thanks to Dooch for the idea. Good idea for the forum. :biggrin:

Notes:
Randall Hanke looked great offensively. Only missed once out of 11 FG attempts. Defense could have been alot better. Made alot of transition points. May be our go to offensive guy for the rest of the season.

Way-Me looked great AGAIN. Drove to the hoop a couple times and came out unsucessfull, so he steps outside the arc and hits 3 three-pointers in a row then goes and drives to the hoop again. Had a great looking dunk. This kid is the real deal. Got into foul trouble early, but something I'm willing to forgive especially in the first game of the season.

McDermott went 3-10 from the field. Missed alot of shots, that I think he'll be able to make once conference play comes around. Played real good in the post, got to the line alot. He's going to be a good one.

McGrath continues to frustrate me. Shot pretty well from the line, but I thought he should have tried to get involved more. His shot selection was less than impressive. I've been saying this for 4 years, but he still needs to improve his mid-range game. It's pretty evident that Donnie is not the #1 PG anymore, which isn't a bad thing. Man what happened to that Asst/TO ratio 3 years ago?

I love Charlie Burch. The guy is a true warrior. Enough said.

I'd like to see some zone defense some time this season. Curry and Cross looked really good defensively in the front court, but Hill-Hanke-McDermott could play better. Hill and McDermott play bigger than they actually are becuase of their athleticism, so I think a 2-3 zone might help them out.

More transitions, screens, and less turnovers and this team may get in the BE tournament.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Haven't updated in awhile. The Friars are 3-3 heading into a matchup vs. #7 Memphis tonight. We've lost 3 straight... a tough road game vs. Witchita St., another tough road game vs. URI where we played really sloppy, and vs. nationally ranked Florida who we actually were able to keep up with for awhile. It's definately going to be a tough matchup tonight, I certainly don't expect the Friars to win; but I do expect them to come out strong early and give the Tigers a good game. After losing 3 straight, I think a big home game like this might set them off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts