Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else gonna watch the game tonight?

We're playing a 2-2 Memphis squad that is coming off a nice win last night against the Jazz.

Their should be several interesting matchups with Gooden on either Chandler or Curry. He had another nice game last night even though he wasn't matched up anyone that will make a roster this year in Ruben Garces and Derek Hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah...

Also coming up at 1pm on ESPN is 4-0 Phoenix against 3-0 Denver. I think that should be a good matchup.

I'm gonna watch it and I'll post anything I find interesting in here for you all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
phoenix-denver

I'm looking forward to seeing Denver play, I might make them my favorite team in the west. They have a lot in common with the Bulls, should be fun to watch their growth. I'm intrigued by the Stoudamire-Hilario matchup. Also looking forward to watching Skita (Sp?) for the first time.

Oh yeah, glad to see you back over here Retro. This board is getting better every day. I think all of my favorite posters from the other board are posting here. This has become a great site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
It'll be great to see some of the new guys working together for the first time. Hopefully my sofball game gets rained out so I can see the first half.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
den-phoe

I hope you guys don't mind me making comments in this thread about the Denver-Suns game. Did you guys see Stoudamire slam on Hilario? Ouch, welcome to the NBA Nene. This Anderson has been very impressive. Skita, Nene, and Stoudamire are all bigger than I thought they would be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, Stoudamire is a beast. I also really like Casey Jacobsen. Don't be surprised if he makes the All-Rookie team this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
Jacobsen

Originally posted by RetroDreams
Man, Stoudamire is a beast. I also really like Casey Jacobsen. Don't be surprised if he makes the All-Rookie team this year.
Some people were saying Casey Jacobsen really had a good workout with the Bulls. He was one of the guys Krause coveted in the second round, supposedly. He reminds me of a young Dan Majerle (although early in his career Majerle was a good defensive player).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
shame on any so-called bulls fan for missing tonights game!!


i just put on the Pheonix/Denver game... it's looking a little sloppy. but that's summer league for you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Memphis has two Illinois guys on their roster to look out for. Rico Hill from Illinois State and, of course, Robert Archibald.

And of course we will all be watching. I'll be watching w/ my 4 month old neice, Payton. Her dad is a Lakers fan. I gotta get her right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, Amare does look like a young Kemp out there.

Kenny Satterfield doesn't get enough credit. When he was in there, he had command of the floor and soon as he went out, Denver got sloppy.

I think he has really matured since his days at Cinci.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Amare's may contribute right away, his defense is solid already!..plus he's a rebounder, he's gonna be ok for his career..it's up to him not to mess his future up....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by º(\/)‡§†Ä !ßñº
Amare's may contribute right away, his defense is solid already!..plus he's a rebounder, he's gonna be ok for his career..it's up to him not to mess his future up....
yeah, makes you wonder why he went to so many different high schools?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
Interesting comments by the announcers about Curry and Chandler being "much improved". I wonder if they're talking about from last yrs summer league to this year or from the end of the regular season to this year. I would think they are saying they have improved greatly over last years summer league.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by dkg1
Interesting comments by the announcers about Curry and Chandler being "much improved". I wonder if they're talking about from last yrs summer league to this year or from the end of the regular season to this year. I would think they are saying they have improved greatly over last years summer league.
yes i heard that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
By the way..anybody just see that!? Stoudamire blocking the dunk then running the floor to catch an alley oop?? That's the type of **** i'm talkin about!, he's gonna do things immediately for the Suns, for the fact that he plays defense, hustles and rebounds...I'm very impressed...Everybody ready for Tyson to exlplode tonight? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by Lizzy
Memphis has two Illinois guys on their roster to look out for. Rico Hill from Illinois State and, of course, Robert Archibald.

And of course we will all be watching. I'll be watching w/ my 4 month old neice, Payton. Her dad is a Lakers fan. I gotta get her right!
Fo shizzy, my Lizzy... gotta start out the Bulls fans young! Its hard enough being a Bull fan in LALA. (my parents moved there, so I get my share of grief when I'm out there too)

Per the game tonight, this Thursday night will be spent in the comforts of my apartment. The weekend starts tomorrow.

Chicago v. Memphis (awww yeaaahhhh!!!)

Added bonus, my dawg Archibald will probably get some major minutes for Memphis. But what's up w/ his hair? I hope he cuts the shag and soon.. he's looking like an XL Scottish poodle that can rebound. Hahaha....

Fearless prediction, Bulls 72 and Memphis 68

Payce,
VD
 
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Top