21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Name: Olivier
Spurs fan since: 1992
Favorite All-time Spur: David Robinson
Favorite Current Spur:
1) Tony Parker : I follow Tony's fabulous rising since he was playing in the french league at the age of 17.
2) Tim Duncan : The guy is so smart and talented, he deserves all the consideration he can get
3) Manu Ginobili : I like him more and more at every game. A very special player, a mix between genius and madness.
AIM/Screename: mr_french_basketball

Favorite Spurs Moment:
1) winning the championships and beating the arrogant Lakers in the process (I'm so glad David get his titles!!!)
2) when the Admiral received his MVP trophy
3) getting the first round pick in the 1997 draft lottery (and so Tim Duncan) after the terrible '96 season...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Name:Enrique
Location:Used to Live in SA, now going to School in Michigan, working in The Detroit area, yeah, they are quite high on their victory last season.
Spurs Fan Since:early 90s
Favorite All-Time Spur:DRob
Favorite Current Spur:Tim
AIM/Yahoo Screennames:mustangrick21 (aol)
Favorite Spurs Moment:99 When Spurs were blowing everyone away. Elliots 3 on his tiptoes was a good one. I must also agree on beating the lakers....Ohh the satisfaction is bliss.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Name: Stephen Pegg
Spurs Fan Since: When I got into basketball around 1997 or so... maybe a bit later.
Favorite All-Time Spur: David Robinson
Favorite Current Spur: Tim Duncan
AIM/Yahoo Screennames: AIM: Nephets Z5 / Yahoo: nephetsz5 / MSN: [email protected] --anybody feel free to IM me!!
Favorite Spurs Moment: The championships, the winning playoffs, getting Duncan/Robinson/Parker/Manu

·
Registered
287 Posts
Name: Andrew Guthrie
Location: Columbia, MO, but I live in San Antonio, as a quick look to the left would tell you
Spurs Fan since: 1996 when we moved to SA
Favorite All-Time Spur: David Robinson...There is a reason that so many will have him in this spot, and I don't feel bad about being unoriginal. The definition of class.
(With honorable mention going to Kevin Willis...I mean, come on.)
Favorite Current Spur: TIMMMMMMMYYYY!!!
Favorite Spurs Moment: Nominees- Winning the first championship, winning the second, Steve Kerr vs. Dallas, Watching Tim Duncan swing a golf club...

Winner: The shot of the post-second championship celebration with Kevin Willis walking down the tunnel under SBC. He has the Larry Obrien trophy in one hand and a Wheaties box with the Spurs on it in the other...and he is staring intently and smiling at the WHEATIES BOX! Hello, you are holding the NBA Trophy for the first time in your career and you are enthralled by a Wheaties box? Hilarious

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I can't believe I have never posted in this thread.:eek8:

Name: Luis Solis
Spurs Fan Since: Since I was born in 1987. I remember the days when we used to lose to the Rockets. 1994?
Favorite All-Time Spur: Avery Johnson
Favorite Current Spur: Tony Parker
AIM/Yahoo Screennames: xLineOFirex
Favorite Spurs Moment: Winning the first championship in 1999.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
tyler mcnabb
houston/canada bc
spurs fan since 2002 when i was introduced to bball
fav altime spur duncan/parker
fav spur duncan/parker
aim adidasplaya0005

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been a Spurs fans since the Walter Berry days a la 1986-1986...at that time I was torn because I loved the Mavs at that time too.....that team was great....Roy Tarpley, Rolando Blackman, Mark Aguirre, Brad Davis....how they didn't stick to the Celtics I will never know. I later turned to the Spurs because I'm from Poteet and it was logical to follow a team closer to home. I will never forget getting to meet the Iceman during my 8th grade year. He came to our gym and he crawled out of black Jaguar....but I'm pro-San Antonio everything....I would go and see Jesse James Leija fight....anyways....my favorite Spur is defientely Ginobli more because he's like the first huge Latin-American Alll-Star. My all-time favorite is a tie between Sean Elliott and David Robinson.

11,213 Posts
I-Bleed-Black&Silver said:
I've been a Spurs fans since the Walter Berry days a la 1986-1986...at that time I was torn because I loved the Mavs at that time too.....that team was great....Roy Tarpley, Rolando Blackman, Mark Aguirre, Brad Davis....how they didn't stick to the Celtics I will never know. I later turned to the Spurs because I'm from Poteet and it was logical to follow a team closer to home. I will never forget getting to meet the Iceman during my 8th grade year. He came to our gym and he crawled out of black Jaguar....but I'm pro-San Antonio everything....I would go and see Jesse James Leija fight....anyways....my favorite Spur is defientely Ginobli more because he's like the first huge Latin-American Alll-Star. My all-time favorite is a tie between Sean Elliott and David Robinson.
Argentinians aren't Latin American...are they?

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:
Welcome to the World Champion San Antonio Spurs Forum...

Hopefully we can bring together alot of Spurs fans and get some good discussion going...if you visit, please give some info on yourself to let everyone get to know you better:

Name: Andrew
Spurs Fan Since: New convert
Favorite All-Time Spur: George Gervin, Avery Johnson
Favorite Current Spur: Nazr Mohammed, Tim Duncan, Devin Brown
AIM/Yahoo Screennames: AIM - theo4002
Favorite Spurs Moment: Being so good, for so long

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
ezealen said:
Argentinians aren't Latin American...are they?
lol ya they r

·
Banned
13,272 Posts
Name: TiMVP2

Spurs Fan Since: 1998

Favorite All-Time Spur: Devin Brown

Favorite Current Spur: Devin Brown

AIM/Yahoo Screennames: MDIZZShawty

Favorite Spurs Moment: Killin Lakers in 03

FOOOO

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Name: Sherief Elabbady
Spurs Fan Since:2003
Favorite All-Time Spur: Tim Duncan
AIM/Yahoo Screennames:sheefieskill13 (aim)
Favorite Spurs Moment: every game!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Name: Kevin
Spurs Fan Since: 2004
Favorite All-Time Spur: Duncan
Favorite Current Spur: Manu
AIM/Yahoo Screennames:
Favorite Spurs Moment: this playoff season when we beat Pistons in the final match

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:
Welcome to the World Champion San Antonio Spurs Forum...

Hopefully we can bring together alot of Spurs fans and get some good discussion going...if you visit, please give some info on yourself to let everyone get to know you better:

Name:
Spurs Fan Since:
Favorite All-Time Spur:
Favorite Current Spur:
AIM/Yahoo Screennames:
Favorite Spurs Moment:

Name: Jeff
Spurs fan since: A very long time.
Favorite All-Time Spur: Tim Duncan
AIM name: Jeffm815
Favorite Spurs Moment: "Sweeping the Lakers 4-0 in the 1999 Western Conference Semis was the sweetest moment for me because it was a complete crushing of our arch enemies. It was total and absolute destruction of the hated ones."

·
Registered
452 Posts
Name: Thomas (tdk1984)
Spurs Fan Since: 1999
Favorite All-Time Spur: David Robinson/George Gervin
AIM/Yahoo Screennames: tdk1984 (I don't use IM)
Favorite Spurs Moment: Title #1 (The Admiral finally wins one)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Name: Carlos
Spurs Fan since: 1995
Favorite All-Time Spur: Tim duncan
AIM/Yahoo Screennames: casv314
Favorite Spurs Moment: there are a lot.. after the obvious ones (memorial day miracles, first championship, etc.) I loved when they swept the blazer on their first championship run, especially game 3 and 4 when it was david robinson who IMO was the best player of the team on those wins.
The admiral finally played his best when it mattered the most :clap:

ps: i just realized that i have almost 4 years on these boards :eek8: i must have the lowest post/per day ratio of all the active users :biggrin:

21 - 40 of 68 Posts