Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January 16th, 2004
6:00 PM Central Time

San Antonio Spurs(26-13) vs Indiana Pacers(29-11)

Spurs leaders:

Tim Duncan: 22.5 PPG, 12.9 RBG, 3 APG, 2.7 BPG, .503 FG%
Tony Parker: 14.1 PPG, 3.2 RBG, 5.8 APG, .426 FG%
Manu Ginobili: 13.6 PPG, 5.1 RBG, 4.2 APG, 2.03 SPG, .404 FG%
Rasho Nesterovic: 8.7 PPG, 8 RBG, 2.18 BPG, .468 FG%

Pacers leaders:

Jermaine O'Neal: 20.7 PPG, 10.6 RBG, 2.1 APG, 2.7 BPG, .432 FG%
Ron Artest: 18.1 PPG, 5.4 APG, 3.7 APG, 2.08 SPG, .442 FG%
Al Harrington: 13.1 PPG, 6.6 RBG, .451 FG%
Reggie Miller: 9.6 PPG, 2.6 RBG, 3.3 APG, .416 FG%

Probable Starting Lineups:

6th Man:

vs.

Last meeting: 89-88 OT win for the Spurs on 1/10/2204

Should be another tough, very physical, low scoring game. The Spurs have lost two straight after beating these Pacers in SA, and the Pacers have beat the Hawks since their last matchup. Somebody else for the Spurs has to step up and provide a second scoring punch with Duncan. Meanwhile, the Spurs have to find a way to contain Artest, who torched them late in the last game. The Spurs have Ginobili back who can guard Miller, so now Bowen's assignment will be Artest. Should be a great game.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's see, are the good 'ol Spurs actually going to take the court against the Pacers? Hope so. I have my doubts on this game, but I am a Spurs fan, so here it is:

Spurs:82
Pacers:80

Another thriller down to the wire.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Man, I read the starting time wrong somehow, I thought it was at the half hour mark -- I've missed almost the whole first quarter. Spurs are down by ten with about a minute left in the quarter, not their best quarter to say the least.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
25-17 Pacers at the end of the first. After a very slow start, the Spurs played better to get the lead down to single digits.

Spurs are shooting 7/18 (39%), and the Pacers are shooting 11/21 (52%). O'Neal with 8 points and 6 rebounds after 1.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
46-39 Spurs at the half.

San Antonio leaders:

Manu Ginobili: 9 points, 3 assists, 5/6 FT
Tim Duncan: 8 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists
Tony Parker: 6 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Ron Mercer: 6 points, 1 rebound, 5 MIN
Robert Horry: 2 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists

Indiana leaders:

Reggie Miller: 10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Jamaal Tinsley: 8 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists
Jermaine O'Neal: 8 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 3 fouls
Jeff Foster: 6 points, 4 rebounds

The Pacers really struggled with JO out, and the Spurs took full advantage of that. The Spurs bench has really contributed, mainly Horry and Mercer. Ginobili has played great so far, and he has 6 FT attempts already. The Spurs outscored the Pacers 29-14 in that 2nd quarter.

With JO back in, the game should be more competitive.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:dead: :sour: :( :mad: :eek: :upset: :confused: :sigh:

Spurs lose 89-79, as they were out-scored 50-33 in the 2nd half.

Tim Duncan really played terrible tonight. He just couldn't hit a shot if his life depended on it. Speaking of terrible, Tony Parker sucked yet again. Charlie Ward was the only player that played like he wasn't scared out there.

Reggie Miller butchered the Spurs tonight, and so did Jermaine O'Neal, when he was actually on the floor.

San Antonio's "leaders":

Tim Duncan: 16 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 6 blocks, 4/18 FG's
Tony Parker: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 6 TO's
Charlie Ward: 13 points, 2 rebounds, 15 minutes
Manu Ginobili: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 FGA

Indiana's leaders:

Reggie "Punk ***" Miller: 28 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Jermiane O'Neal: 20 points, 10 rebouns, 5 blocks
Jamaal Tinsley: 9 points, 3 rebounds, 8 assists
Ron Artest: 7 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 TO's

In case you are wondering why Reggie Miller is a punk ***, he goes and jacks up a three with 13 seconds remaining in the game, when everybody stopped playing because the game was basically over. I hate you Reggie Miller.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

In case you are wondering why Reggie Miller is a punk ***, he goes and jacks up a three with 13 seconds remaining in the game, when everybody stopped playing because the game was basically over. I hate you Reggie Miller.
Actually there was about 1.1 seconds different between game and shot clock, so they would've had to take a shot, plus it was near 35 feet which made it even sweeter. REGGIE!:yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.