Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I am not so sure. I think it will really take a couple of weeks for it to come together.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I would rather have Juan. I think that he brings something, especially to the young guys like Kwame and Jared, that CA could not or would not bring.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I said yesterday that MJ and Stack would struggle against the Raptors and they'll struggle again against the Celtics I've thought all along that the Wizards would struggle early in the season, partly because we have 5 new starters and we have new key people who have to get used to playing with Jordan, and the second reaason because of how stupid the Wiz set up the preseason with all those idiotic road games our team is a little sluggish from all the travel as BCH says it'll take a couple weeks before it starts to come together.

WE NEED MJ TO START, at this point in his career he's not an effiecient enough a player that 25 bench minutes will be quality enough, with his shooting percentages down, he needs more opportunities to score to get in a rhythm, think about all the big games he had last year, most of them came on games where he had fast starts, he needs to start to help Stack out, teams don't respect Hughes or Russell's outside shooting ability so they sag on Stack aand clog the lane forcing him to pass to the bigs or force up shots ,the floor is spaced better for him when MJ is on the floor, there are more lanes for him to drive.

Tonights game should be a close game, with the Celtics losing and playing last night they won't be any more energetic than the Wizards are, if our home crowd can give us a boost we have a good chance to get a W, look for Dixon to play tonight, Doug will want to get the home crowd in a tizzy, I'll be there so it should be good.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
FELLAS LETS DO THIS LETS OFFER PREDICTIONS, final score, leading scorers,rebounders, and games notes. I'll go first.

final score- Wizards 93 Celtics 91

leading scorers- Wizards Stackhouse 25 Celtics Pierce 28
Rebounders- wiz (Brown 10) Celtics ( Battie 9)

Game Notes- Wiz win close one, Stackhouse although shooting poorly gets to the line and outduels Pierce, MJ gets 18 and starts to gain rhythm , Kwame is steady and gets 10 points, JJ starts to come on with a good all around effort same for Lue, Dixon comes in and scores 6. Pierce misses a 3 at the buzzer as Wizards lose 4th quarter lead and hold on barely.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
This is what I want to see in the starting lineup:

PG: Hughes
SG: Stackhouse
SF: Russell
PF: Jeffries
C: Brown

I still would not start MJ. Russell gets the nod becuase he plays good defense and we can put him on Pierce. I like Jeffries on the board more than Laettner. It is such a young frontline though so I doubt you see Kwame and Jeffries in together without being on the second unit.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I actually think thats a great idea starting JJ he has a good knack for getting rebounds despite a small frame and Kwame could cover his back against the bigger players down low, JJ's a demon on the offensive glass he really has a nose for it plus if he rebounds it he can push it up, he and Kwame work well together, Laetner played terrible and offers very little of anything, If MJ has to keep coming off the bench which I dispute , than JJ starting wouldn't be a bad move ,has has the lateral quickness to stay with Walker out to the 3 pt line also, might be trouble though when Walker posts up.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
WOW!!! Kwame and Jeffries are a great defensive duo. I hope they can keep up this kind of intesity all season. The East is going to be just as fun to watch as the west this season!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Kwame - very impressive. He more than belongs out there. He is the best post player in the game.

Jeffries - very impressive for a rook. He is more athletic than I thought from watching him at the IU. It was a deep draft this year.

Jordan is unbelievable and has not lost that much since his last year with the Bulls.

Stack is Stack.

Hughes looks a little lost, but overall it looks pretty promising.

But don't get too excited. Heck, the Bulls beat these guys last night. ;)

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!
Kwame - very impressive. He more than belongs out there. He is the best post player in the game.

Jeffries - very impressive for a rook. He is more athletic than I thought from watching him at the IU. It was a deep draft this year.

Jordan is unbelievable and has not lost that much since his last year with the Bulls.

Stack is Stack.

Hughes looks a little lost, but overall it looks pretty promising.

But don't get too excited. Heck, the Bulls beat these guys last night. ;)
But thats only because we always lose against the worst teams ;)

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Kwame, Jeffries, Dixon OH MY!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts