Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been disappointed with the level of officiating this year (as a whole) in the Horizon League? For example, the last game between UWGB and UWM was very poorly officiated IMO. I don't think it favored anyone in particular, it was just all around poor. One trip down the court they would let the guys bang as hard as they wanted, and the very next trip they would call a foul for looking at someone wrong. It was just very inconsistent and made it difficult for the players to get a feel for the game and really get comfortable with what would, and would not, be called. There are MANY more games I have issues with, but I won't go there. :) Has anyone else noticed things to be worse this year than in the past?

·
Registered
472 Posts
In some games this season, the officiating has seemed to be a little inconsistent, but overall, I don't judge the officials. Sometimes, I don't like the way they call a game, but I also try to not judge them. I know in the UWM/UWGB game on Saturday, it seemed as though there were times when the teams were allowed to play, and there were times when the teams were called for almost everything. It seemed a little similar in the UDM/UWGB game two days before. However, I don't let it get to me too much. I just go with the game the way it is called.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The officiating in the HL always sucks. The refs don't know the difference between a charge and a blocking foul...Earlier in the year, late in the game against Akron, Jermaine was called for 5 seconds when he was posting up. A call Coach G couldn't understand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts