Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite the offseason yet but there is already news. Apparently Garrett Pascoe will be transferring. He should have two years left and I think he'll be able to play immediately as a grad student.

If true, I'm sorry to see him go. I think he would have been in line for decent playing time, probably as a back-up to EBW. Also, I don't think incoming freshman Ben Roy will be playing a lot of minutes early due to his injury. Pascoe never really got into a rhythm at BU. Seemed to have multiple nagging injuries. I thought his defensive positioning and anticipation was very good and he shot good shots -- just didn't make them consistently. Seemed like a good teammate and if he is getting his degree and still has eligibility then I can't fault him for trying something different.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Pascoe seemed to be a good teammate and team player, but his shooting ability was not there. Whether due to injury or not, he consistently struggled with his shot. Thought he had promise, but just wasn’t good enough.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hoping they all come back next year. Then BU can be competitive. As much as I love Harper though, if it has to be 2, Tynen and Whyte cause BU needs size, they're deeper in the backcourt with EBW, Tate, Brewster, CJ.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hoping they all come back next year. Then BU can be competitive. As much as I love Harper though, if it has to be 2, Tynen and Whyte cause BU needs size, they're deeper in the backcourt with EBW, Tate, Brewster, CJ.
I should clarify that BU is deeper in the backcourt in terms of experience. Really excited to see what new bigs, Landrum, Nobili, and Prince can do long term. And even Zink to a certain extent since he pretty much lost this year.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought it was interesting that neither Harper, Tynen nor Whyte were in this photo...

Interesting observation. I was thinking the fact BU accepted the invite was a tell that most of the team would be back. It doesn't make much sense to join these pay-to-play tournaments if it doesn't benefit next year's team.

And the Patriot League could be weaker next year. Lots of players leaving due to graduation and transfer. And I realize this also applies to BU but maybe the Terriers remain a top-half team.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought BU accepted the invite to give these kids a post season opportunity to make up for the 2020 cancellation the day after we won the league tournament. These kids deserve a chance to play in a post season event. The entire starting 5 were key players on that 2020 championship team.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whatever the primary reason was to accept the invite, if there was a primary reason, I agree this tournament is a good send off for the departing players. It also seems to help teams the following year--a few teams from last year's CBI won their conference's autobids and BU did the same after the 2010 CBI.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Suk and Javante will be playing a little more basketball this season, although not in BU uniforms -- both will be playing in the 3x3 college tournament this weekend in New Orleans. They will be part of the Patriot League/Ivy League team, the Wicked Smahts. I'm not sure who are the other player(s).

It’s a Party: Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship Welcomes Fans Back for 2022 Event

Fun fact: Dos Equis is a sponsor of the tournament and their spokesman from their commercials ("The Most Interesting Man in the World") graduated from BU.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Coach Jones sent out his email recap of the Alumni weekend honoring Dennis Wolff along with some photos, looked like a fun event with a lot of recognizable faces.

He also mentioned this in the email: "It’s important to have our alumni involved with the program, whether that be attending games in Case Gym or on the road, assisting with our student-athlete career mentoring initiatives, supporting the Friends of Men’s Basketball or making an investment in the facility project that many of you heard about on campus this past weekend."

Anybody able to shed some light?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Coach Jones sent out his email recap of the Alumni weekend honoring Dennis Wolff along with some photos, looked like a fun event with a lot of recognizable faces.

He also mentioned this in the email: "It’s important to have our alumni involved with the program, whether that be attending games in Case Gym or on the road, assisting with our student-athlete career mentoring initiatives, supporting the Friends of Men’s Basketball or making an investment in the facility project that many of you heard about on campus this past weekend."

Anybody able to shed some light?
I get those emails too. I didn't attend alumni weekend but in a previous email Coach Jones mentioned locker room enhancements. Maybe that's it or part of it.

As for the event, really nice to see Coach Wolff back at BU. Not sure if there were any hard feelings when he was let go, but can't deny the success he had. Good to see him honored.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts