Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Spurs top priority of re-signing Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen have been completed. What so called "scrubs" could the Spurs look for via free agency/trade? Since Mark Bryant and Cherokee Parks are gone, getting a big man should be the main objective right now. I read that Mark Strickland from the Hawks and Jerome James from the Sonics are being looked at by the Spurs. A possible trade involving Michael Doleac from the Cavs was also another rumor.

Hmmm....Mark Strickland and Michael Doleac = Mark Bryant and Cherokee Parks clones :laugh:

·
Registered
57 Posts
LOL!:laugh: I personally like Doleac more so than Bryant although he is not a better defender on Shaq than MB is/was.

I think the biggest off season aqcusition may be Emannuel Ginobilli should he come to town. He could really be a huge signing!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. Ginobilli could really be a good player in the NBA someday. Only time will tell....

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Doleac is a FA, they wouldn't need to trade for him. But, yes they do need a center. Doleac would be good for the Spurs, but Jerome James would be better, because he could start once Robinson retires.;) :yes:

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Doleac can be a good backup centre for Duncan and Jerome James maybe a better center than David at this point of his career. I like to see Spurs to pick up some good big men.

Once again, Steve Smith has to go!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
Once again, Steve Smith has to go!
You're crazy. :|

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by HoopsAve

I agree.

Smitty is clutch and his outside shooting does WONDERS for our offense!!
:cool: :cool:

You're a good man, HoopsAve. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
okay, doleac is nothing but a stiff and i do not want a stiff to be on the spurs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Brick
okay, doleac is nothing but a stiff and i do not want a stiff to be on the spurs.
Cherokee Parks was a stiff! :eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quite the interesting avatar you have, Brick. ;)

...Creative.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts