Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i havent visited in a while, ive been busy.. well miss me? :biggrin:

n e wayz.... i have been trying to fix the knicks and i think i have come up with something, you might think that the trades only support the knicks, but i overlook it and look at the other issues. weell anyways....

Knicks in 2005-2006 season
PG:Marbury
SG:Francis
SF:Rose
PF:Frye
C:Curry

Bench:Butler, richardson, rose, robinson, Crawford, james, Udoka, Woods, Lee

Trades: NY/DEN
francis
Taylor
1st rounder

for

Martin
Miller

Reason: the knicks need a perimeter shooter, and a pure shooter who can release the ball quick and think fast, and also pass the ball well, we get that in miller, We also get a big shotblocking PF in martin, who can still rebound, and still score. He is still young and we can develop our young around him. george carl and Martin do not get along, and they relievethemselves of his contract, and get francis who can get in the paint and score. he really needs to show what he can do on the nuggets where they can pass, and set screens well.Taylor is a quick shooter who can defend well, and the 1st rounder is neccesary.

2.Por/NYK
Lee
1st rounder

for

ratliff
Miles

Reason: The knicks have been trying to get these two all year. miles is still younhg averages almost 20 a game, grab boards, and can also rebound. Ratliff is another shotblocker who can stock up our D. They get Lee, who is a young player who can rebound. and score much like Miles, he can dunk, which can add excitement to their team. Then, they could draft another young player to rebuild around their foundation and in a couple of years be a competative team

Trade 3:
Jalen Rose

for

1st round pick

reason: Rose can relieve a team of salary space and can help the knicks by giving them another young player maybe in marcus aldridge or another player

S and T for al harrington...maybe
________________________________________________________________________________

FA signings: Anthony Johnson
He can play the 2 or the 1, and can shoot the 3 and shoot perimeter

Buyouts:
Jerome James and Marbury
We really arent in the need of marbury's contract, and JJ either. They are just wastes of money. + can keep LB happy.
________________________________________________________________________________

We can have a great team, and at the same time have a DECENT salary.

2006-2007 starting lineup

PG:Miller/Johnson
SG:Crawford/johnson/Robinson/
SF:harrington?/Miles/woods
PF:Martin/Ratliff/Rose
C:Curry/Frye/Butler

Inactive list: Richardson, Udoka

thoughts?

Reactions: ravor44

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotham2krazy said:
What's with everyone's sudden infatuation with Anthony Johnson? I don't want to trade David. And that Denver deal soudns enticing.

so saying enticing means its good? ohh and damn gotham, you did alot since i've been gone, *845 posts? thats crazy keep it up man

Reactions: Gotham2krazy

· Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,469 Posts
:hurl:

You're going to give Stephon 15 million just to say go away? His money still counts against the cap.

Due to Portland being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Portland had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here. This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
That's what happens when you try to trade $926,040 for $19,416,666 to a team already over the cap. That's only the tip of the iceburg. Ratliff will be 35 next year. His blocks per game has fallen from 3.61 to 1.54 per game.

You want to be paying Kenyon Martin more money as his knees continue to degrade and when we have a power forward who already puts up better numbers in his rookie year? Why would Denver do this? All they do is dump payroll while remaining over the cap while we get an often injured power forward who fed off of Jason Kidd and will put us in further cap hell ($16,545,454 in 2010) and hinders the development of our top prospect. Miller would be okay.

Udoka will be gone. He's only signed to a ten day contract and he's been the worst player on this team during these past few games.

There's no need for three small forwards like that.

Which team under the cap is actually going to give a first round pick for a year of an overpriced Jalen Rose? I am so lost here.

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
Haha yeah, I have done a lot of posting. But I would've rejected it had it been like a Jalen and David trade for K-Mart and Miller. But the fact that we'd get a quality PG in just as good a PG in Miller and a more enervated player in K-Mart as opposed to Mo Taylor.

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
urwhatueati8god said:
:hurl:

You're going to give Stephon 15 million just to say go away? His money still counts against the cap.

That's what happens when you try to trade $926,040 for $19,416,666 to a team already over the cap. That's only the tip of the iceburg. Ratliff will be 35 next year. His blocks per game has fallen from 3.61 to 1.54 per game.

You want to be paying Kenyon Martin more money as his knees continue to degrade and when we have a power forward who already puts up better numbers in his rookie year? Why would Denver do this? All they do is dump payroll while remaining over the cap while we get an often injured power forward who fed off of Jason Kidd and will put us in further cap hell ($16,545,454 in 2010) and hinders the development of our top prospect. Miller would be okay.

Udoka will be gone. He's only signed to a ten day contract and he's been the worst player on this team during these past few games.

There's no need for three small forwards like that.

Which team under the cap is actually going to give a first round pick for a year of an overpriced Jalen Rose? I am so lost here.

good point but i thought jalen had only 2 or 1 years? i thought to use him as relief of cap spae. im just trying to make up an offseaon sorry, what would you suggest?

· Registered
981 Posts
Ever watch and read?

Miller is a pure perimeter shooter? That's precious. He couldn't hit the floor if he dropped ssomething. And Kmart? The guy is a physical wreck and a tweener and, BTW, is not a big scorer. He is far from a big PF and doesn't board that well, either. He does, however, finish well...whoopty damn do. Ratliff has no shelf life left and Miles has NO outside game. I'll take Lee over Miles anyday...he has much more upside and is a much better rebounder. Jalen for a #1? You can't trade a player with a big salary for a draft pick....the salaries have to come close to matching. What makes you think Johnson is a shooter? If he was any good, he'd get real minutes. It ain't like Pacerville is loaded at the guards.
\
Nice job...you just made us worse.....and crippled our future....which is not easy.

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Ever watch and read?

alphadog said:
Miller is a pure perimeter shooter? That's precious. He couldn't hit the floor if he dropped ssomething. And Kmart? The guy is a physical wreck and a tweener and, BTW, is not a big scorer. He is far from a big PF and doesn't board that well, either. He does, however, finish well...whoopty damn do. Ratliff has no shelf life left and Miles has NO outside game. I'll take Lee over Miles anyday...he has much more upside and is a much better rebounder. Jalen for a #1? You can't trade a player with a big salary for a draft pick....the salaries have to come close to matching. What makes you think Johnson is a shooter? If he was any good, he'd get real minutes. It ain't like Pacerville is loaded at the guards.
\
Nice job...you just made us worse.....and crippled our future....which is not easy.
damn i know i know im just trying to make new ideas god, why you gotta have an attitude for thats why i said what would you prefer

· Registered
981 Posts
Realism

"damn i know i know im just trying to make new ideas god, why you gotta have an attitude for thats why i said what would you prefer"

How about something realistic? Something that makes sense? Most ideas for the off season have been posted over and over....even mine (such as they are).

· Registered
480 Posts
Re: Realism

y r u guys so down on marbury, if he was playing the whole season without lb than he would be better than he is right now and and we would have one more games, 45+ lineups u gotta be phuckin kiddin me, PHUCK LB!

· Registered
480 Posts
Re: Realism

trade Stephon and a pick to Miami for Walker and Williams and trade Francis and a pick to seattle for lewis and watson

· Banned
3,113 Posts
Plan:
Step 1:
Fire LB

Step 2: Aquire KG
Mo Taylor (expiring 9,000,000 contract), Qyntel Woods (young talent cheap contract),
Eddy Curry (sign and trade, an inside threat),David Lee (see Qyntel Woods), 1st round pick
for:
KG
Roster:
C - Channing Frye/ Jackie Butler/Jerome James
PF - Kevin Garnett/ Malik Rose
SF - Jalen Rose/ Quinten Richardson
SG - Steve Francis/ Jamal Crawford
PG - Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson

Step 3:
Dump Francis

trade: NY, LAL, PHI

knicks:incoming: Sammy D, Kwame
outgoing: Steve Francis

lakers: Incoming: Shavlik Randolph, Kevin Ollie, Kyle Korver, Steve Francis
outgoing: Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom

Sixers: outgoing: Shavlik Randolph, Kevin Ollie, Kyle Korver, Sammy D
incoming: Lamar

knicks lineup:
C - Frye/Dalembert/Butler/James
PF - KG/Kwame/malik
SF - Jalen/Q-Rich
SG- Crawford/Q-Rich
PG- Marbury/Robinson

OMG THE NICKS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!

ps: all salaries work, but many need to be sign and trades similar tho their respective players' current salaries

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
pmac34 said:
Plan:
Step 1:
Fire LB

Step 2: Aquire KG
Mo Taylor (expiring 9,000,000 contract), Qyntel Woods (young talent cheap contract),
Eddy Curry (sign and trade, an inside threat),David Lee (see Qyntel Woods), 1st round pick
for:
KG
Roster:
C - Channing Frye/ Jackie Butler/Jerome James
PF - Kevin Garnett/ Malik Rose
SF - Jalen Rose/ Quinten Richardson
SG - Steve Francis/ Jamal Crawford
PG - Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson

Step 3:
Dump Francis

trade: NY, LAL, PHI

knicks:incoming: Sammy D, Kwame
outgoing: Steve Francis

lakers: Incoming: Shavlik Randolph, Kevin Ollie, Kyle Korver, Steve Francis
outgoing: Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom

Sixers: outgoing: Shavlik Randolph, Kevin Ollie, Kyle Korver, Sammy D
incoming: Lamar

knicks lineup:
C - Frye/Dalembert/Butler/James
PF - KG/Kwame/malik
SF - Jalen/Q-Rich
SG- Crawford/Q-Rich
PG- Marbury/Robinson

OMG THE NICKS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!

ps: all salaries work, but many need to be sign and trades similar tho their respective players' current salaries
How much exactly do you know about Knicks basketball?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.