Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It was a great trade. I was glad to be out of the black hole. It was terrible over there. The organization. No system. The town. Everything. The GM. All of it is kind of backward. It's good to be in a winning organization that has a system and knows what's going on." -- Ricky Davis, on leaving Cleveland behind.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Why should he shut up? Because it was an unclassy thing to say? I've heard way worse things on this site. But I forgot it's okay fo us because we are fans, and they make a lot of money... blah

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I can understand Ricky saying they had no system. Because it was pretty evident he wasn't playing in it. That's why he got traded.
Do you think he wasn't playing in it because you watched Cavs games, or do you just rush to judgement like everyone else because the rumor is he doesn't pass?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>comptons</b>!

Do you think he wasn't playing in it because you watched Cavs games, or do you just rush to judgement like everyone else because the rumor is he doesn't pass?
I watched Cavs games. Before and after the trade. He simply could not play his game next to Lebron James. Ricky either was childish and refused to shoot to make a point to Silas, or he shot everytime he touched the ball. He was never consistent with his defense. Sometimes he would play like a terrific defender, other times he would play like ****.

And late in games he proved to be a choke artist. He was always committing dumb turnovers late in the game trying to force the issue.

In addition, he thought it was his team. Not Lebron's.

Problem is/was, Lebron is and was FAR better.

The Cavs have been so much better since he left town, it's not even funny. They have good team chemistry. They have a team identity. And they have consistent veteran players who board and play defense in Ricky's place.

Ricky has a lot of talent. But he has the maturity of a two-year old. And he doesn't know how to play the game. That's why he keeps getting traded in spite of his talent.

Also Ricky was jealous of Lebron. Instead of trying to teach him anything, he just kept Lebron down. We saw after the trade that Lebron was waiting for Ricky to leave to become the team leader.

And if you look at comments from Silas while Davis was there, and read between the lines in comments made by Lebron before the trade, you saw a situation where Ricky was hampering Lebron and the Cavs chances of success.

He basically wrote his own ticket out of town.

He has no leg to stand on ripping Paul Silas. And ripping Cleveland? He's a *****. He says that when he's playing the game in Boston. Let's see what he says before he goes to play in Cleveland.

What did he expect fans to do? He was a loser for the Cavs. His claim to fame was that triple double he tried to get.

Cleveland may have been bad. But Ricky Davis was one of the reasons.

·
Registered
246 Posts
He's not my favorite player.... and I love King James.

"We saw after the trade that Lebron was waiting for Ricky to leave to become the team leader."

Does this mean Ricky did something wrong? Does this mean he's a jerk because Lebron was waiting for him to go to become team leader?

Oh, and Ricky never refused to shoot. He was trying to figure out his role. Silas had him confused and unconfident. Plus, Lebron started to blow up before the trade. He would have gotten all those points with or without Ricky. People only assumed Lebron started to dominate after RD got traded.

Ricky Davis was always screwing up in the clutch? I remember the first game Ricky commited a dumb turnover, and the one against Memphis that went in overtime. Memphis was up by 5 or 6 with like 25 secs to go and RD through an unexpected to Diop, and it went through his hands. The game was over and the commentators acted like Ricky blew the game, so ofcourse the fans would just put it on him too. How about all the Lebron airballs this year? I've seen Lebron turn it over in key situations too. But that is what I'm talking about (only talking about the bad.) Ricky Davis was Cleveland's whipping boy.

Either way, Ricky Davis has been money in the clutch since going to Boston.

RD started to make strides at the end of the first half of last season to change his game.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
i agree GB. Some guys just dont get it. While he should just shut up and not say anything, i think Cleveland is almost as bad as us. They lucked into Lebron. Jim Paxson is an awful GM. While Davis is a moron, he is right in terms of his criticism of the Cavaliers organization. Though his best bet would be to not say anything

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
i agree GB. Some guys just dont get it. While he should just shut up and not say anything, i think Cleveland is almost as bad as us. They lucked into Lebron. Jim Paxson is an awful GM. While Davis is a moron, he is right in terms of his criticism of the Cavaliers organization. Though his best bet would be to not say anything
Since they got Lebron, though, they've made a lot of nice moves.

Bringing in Silas was a stroke of genius. And then Eric Williams, Kedrick Brown, and Tony Battie...that's a lot better than what Mihm and Davis were giving the Cavs.

And they also got Bremer from Ainge for Jumaine Jones, who was never going to play. Bremer could contribute as soon as he finds his shot.

You could say the overpayed for Kevin Ollie, but they are better for having him than not. He brings veteran stability off the bench. Which is pretty valuable.

I like the mix of players they have in Cleveland.

The real judgment will be the deal they make with Z. Z should bring back some good things. That's on Paxson to find the right deal.

·
Registered
246 Posts
As usual Rlucas I respect what you say - especially the last sentence.

·
Registered
246 Posts
As usual Rlucas I respect what you say - especially the last sentence.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Davis gets a bad rap from everybody...yea, he's selfish, overconfident, and doesnt have a great attitude, but he is a great basketball player......just everyone notices the bad side of him instead of the plauer he is and could be....he's going to be better in Boston, playing with Pierce..it lokks like he fits perfect with their team and knows his role behind peirce, where he could excel

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
Davis gets a bad rap from everybody...yea, he's selfish, overconfident, and doesnt have a great attitude, but he is a great basketball player......just everyone notices the bad side of him instead of the plauer he is and could be....he's going to be better in Boston, playing with Pierce..it lokks like he fits perfect with their team and knows his role behind peirce, where he could excel
Great basketball player?
Hardly. He can jump high. He can get his shot off when he wants to. But he's still a long leap from great player.

His main problem so far is that he doesn't know how to get his and still get keep his teammates involved. He can rack up assists. But he doesn't really know when to do what.

I think he is in a better situation right now. Because he can learn from Paul Pierce and come off of the bench. And he won't get confused and think he's the man on the celtics. I think with the Cavs he felt like he was the best player and the only way they could win was if he was Michael Jordan. And that's wasn't really conducive to winning basketball. Just look at the record while he was a starter with the Cavs? They basically let him do whatever he wanted and he went crazy.

Maybe playing behind Paul Pierce will get him straight. But lord knows he's failed with some pretty terrific coachs thus far. Silas twice. Riley once. That doesn't say a lot for you. But maybe he's in a good situation finally.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

Great basketball player?
Hardly. He can jump high. He can get his shot off when he wants to. But he's still a long leap from great player.

His main problem so far is that he doesn't know how to get his and still get keep his teammates involved. He can rack up assists. But he doesn't really know when to do what.

I think he is in a better situation right now. Because he can learn from Paul Pierce and come off of the bench. And he won't get confused and think he's the man on the celtics. I think with the Cavs he felt like he was the best player and the only way they could win was if he was Michael Jordan. And that's wasn't really conducive to winning basketball. Just look at the record while he was a starter with the Cavs? They basically let him do whatever he wanted and he went crazy.

Maybe playing behind Paul Pierce will get him straight. But lord knows he's failed with some pretty terrific coachs thus far. Silas twice. Riley once. That doesn't say a lot for you. But maybe he's in a good situation finally.
Well, he has a chance to be a "Good" player and go to the All-Star game atleast once.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.