Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parent's just bought a sweet a'ss digital video camera, the best out there - maximum clarity, excellent picture.

I think you know where I'm going with this...

I'll be attending both Thursday's game and Friday's game. Stay tuned...

-SuS = :cool:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
U R a trip SUS!!!

....i will be taping thursdays game, but will welcome the action from fridays game!! thanks man!:grinning:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by settinUpShop
My parent's just bought a sweet a'ss digital video camera, the best out there - maximum clarity, excellent picture.

I think you know where I'm going with this...

I'll be attending both Thursday's game and Friday's game. Stay tuned...

-SuS = :cool:
dang!!!

Make us copies?:grinning:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ooh you're going to have to share this video on kazaa or something...

is there anywhere we can post pics of the bulls we've taken, besides on the web and then linking them to this board?

I was thinking maybe the moderators could sign up for a msn photos site, people could e-mail them pics, and they could post them...dunno just a thought...

By the way, looking forward to your next report Shop. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
That is good news.

We should send you on some sort of photo scavengar hunt. Like:

1 - Get a picture of you and Jerry Krause.

2 - Get a picture of a Jazz player who isn't on the SL roster that is just there watching

3 - Get a picture of Jay signing an autograph

4 - Try to get a shot of Jamal, Jay, Tyson and Eddy all in one shot.

I'm kidding! You don't have to do any of this. I'm kind of bored and waiting for this work day to end. :uhoh:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Since the game is on TV on Thursday can you just tape Krause that day. We can sync your tape up to the broadcast and watch Krause's facial expressions as the game is played.

That would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
Since the game is on TV on Thursday can you just tape Krause that day. We can sync your tape up to the broadcast and watch Krause's facial expressions as the game is played.

That would be great. Thanks.
:laugh: I like the less combative/confrontational BCH. Brings humor and joy to the boards. Well....sometimes.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
One of these days I am going to have to address the reputation that preceded me here.

If you want details, PM me and I will be happy to discuss it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sharing the Video

If settinUpShop is willing I'm sure we could set up an IRC channel to share the video.

We could encoded it in Divx to make the game a resonable size.

Anyone out there with a DSL/Cable/College net connection willing to act as a server?

I would but I'm on a satelite connection, downlink fast uplink slooow.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
yes, this is a new board, new beginning for all of us. Lets try and focus on the Bulls and not on individuals. Any problems anyone wants to discuss, i am always just a pm away.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I give BCH a lot of credit for what he has posted both here and at Bullsnews. I agree with a lot of what he says. He has done a great job of adjusting to the enviornment.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
IRC???

All i have is a measely dial up modem!! LOL....I would LOVE to be able to see that game on friday via the internet!! :yes:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, it's a good thing that tomorrow's game is going to be televised, because I'll need at least one dry run to get things right. I have a DSL connection in my apartment, but I don't know how to run anything off my computer as a server - altho I do have windows 2000 server installed as my OS. This is my first time with the camera, and with the software so there will be a learning curve. But if things work out, I'll have at least Friday's game somewhere on line for people to download. We'll see. Oh! I host a website. It should be easy enough to upload it onto my server there and then have people download it from one of my pages. Maybe I'll just do that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by settinUpShop
well, it's a good thing that tomorrow's game is going to be televised, because I'll need at least one dry run to get things right. I have a DSL connection in my apartment, but I don't know how to run anything off my computer as a server - altho I do have windows 2000 server installed as my OS. This is my first time with the camera, and with the software so there will be a learning curve. But if things work out, I'll have at least Friday's game somewhere on line for people to download. We'll see. Oh! I host a website. It should be easy enough to upload it onto my server there and then have people download it from one of my pages. Maybe I'll just do that.
settinUpShop. I was and am already very gateful for the superb reports. If you pull this off, you should get a spot in the posters hall of fame waiving the 5 year retirement rule.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Songcycle

settinUpShop. I was and am already very gateful for the superb reports. If you pull this off, you should get a spot in the posters hall of fame waiving the 5 year retirement rule.
Hey do you guys thing anyone will care that I'm taping the game? I figure it's not a NBA game, thus it's not like I'm going against someone's broadcasting rights, although ESPN is obviously somehow involved with showing games.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
If I were you I would try and contact the venue to make sure you are allowed to bring in a digital recorder.

I know here in DC you are not allowed to bring professional quality camera's to take pictures during DC United games. They want to have exclusitivity of professional quality photos for the league. They will not allow entry to anyone trying to bring one in.

Better safe than sorry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts