Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill Simmons said:
Programming moment of the season: During the Clips-Suns game on Wednesday night, ESPN showed back-to-back Vince Carter commercials: One for Nike, one for T-Mobile. Sadly, they forgot to run his Massengill ad for the trifecta.
Link

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NetIncome said:
Is Simmons some wimpass Canadian?
No. He's from Boston.

He got famous for starting a website called "Boston Sports Guy".

·
Nets Fan
10,424 Posts
He is really starting to **** me off so I guess his goal is working since now I will read that article. I like his articles but his distate for Vince and the Nets is so obvious its hard for me to read.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
You guys don't really think you have a chance to win the title do you? I mean this team isn't good enough.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
For the Kobe haters among us...

16. L.A. Lakers
Interesting work from 82games.com last month, which kept track of everyone's stats in game-winning situations (24 seconds or less: tie game, down by one, down by two) for the past two-plus seasons. Carmelo had the best numbers -- 8-for-14, and that was before he made two more game-winners in the past three weeks. One of the worst guys? Kobe Bryant ... 6-for-25. You read that correctly.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He has Clippers season tickets, so they are somehow title contenders.

He makes some good observations, but he's no analyst. He's just a fan that writes funny columns.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
11. New Jersey
I was re-reading "Tall Tales" by Terry Pluto this week -- really good oral history of the NBA's early years. Anyway, there's a section in there about Oscar Robertson and some of his quirks, including how he used to call rebounds "ballboards." Classic phrase. And that's the problem with the Nets: They can't protect the rim and they can't get ballboards. You need to do both in the playoffs. So don't expect much from them.
Can't say he's wrong here. Elsewise... does Simmons hate Vince? Sure. Does he love Larry Bird? You betcha. He's got his biases just like the rest of us. I still love his writing on the NBA.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
You know the thing about Vince is, a lot of people write stuff and say a lot of negative stuff about him, but I doubt they could say all those things to him in person. He seems like a very likeable person.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Hbwoy said:
You know the thing about Vince is, a lot of people write stuff and say a lot of negative stuff about him, but I doubt they could say all those things to him in person. He seems like a very likeable person.
I agree, he seems like a very mellow, likeable guy. This also contributes to the criticisms people have of him. They want to see a predator out there, not the guy you wish was your neighbor.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I dont like the VC bashing, but damn I can admit he's funny...

Sonics free-agent pickup Marcus Fizer on what he learned in the D-League this season: "I'm a lot smarter now. I thought I had all the answers. I had much success in college and, of course, being an instant millionaire you are going to think you have all the answers. ... I have an 8-year-old, a 7-year-old, 5-year-old and 2-year-old. Family values are important to me. You know what's not as important though? Condoms."

(All right, I made that last part up. But he really did say everything else. See, the D-League can do some good: Marcus Fizer is a lot smarter now!)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Simmons is hilarious, but his extreme dislike for vince is getting boring. I mean c'mon, we get it, you don't like the guy. Is it really necessary to rip him at every opportunity. I wonder what it is that vince did for Simmons to dislike him that much

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.