Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im perusing NBA.com. Some guy named Kamla has started a new column. They have formula for best players in the NBA. Here is the top 3

1. Kevin Garnett-No surprise me
2. Tim Duncan-No surprise me
3. Brad Miller-The sound you hear is a self inflicted bullet wound!


This **** makes me sick. We went from artest and miller to JYD and Davis. Absolutely makes me sick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Not to take away from your main point, but "best" in this context is best for fantasy leagues. Kamla is their fantasy league guy for NBA-TV.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
No. See...we like...had to trade Miller. Because Curry is our center of the future. And we're going to start him and let him learn...and develop him...and...

yeah.

Did you see the game Artest had on Dallas last night? His offense has really come around. He's going to be a top 10 player in this league very soon.

Brand is already.

Can you imagine:
Jamal
Mercer
Artest
Brand
Miller

With Curry or Chandler on the bench.

That would be a hardworking eastern powerhouse. RIGHT NOW.

Artest, Brand, and Miller are all hovering right around top 10 level player. Mercer is solid. And I'd wager playing on this team that Jamal would be all the better for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Although we should recognize Brad Miller improved play, we must say he is part of a very talented team, with guys like Peja, Vlade, Bobby J and Bibby that can open the key, with guys that dont rebound the ball well and he is a good passer himself. Add the fact that Sac-Town loves to run and put up points and its a perfect situation for Brad.
If you could bring him back, he wont be up there behind KG and Duncan. And I think you must breakdown the trade (s) at the very moment that they took place.
At that moment, everyone agreed with Krause that it was in our best interest to trade Brad (who was solid, nothing spectacular) to open a spot for Eddy and his development.

The same thing during the draft. Everyone comes here saying "Why Rashard Lewis wasnt drafted higher?". Why Krause was so ump to pass on Mike Finley? etc

I understand you being hungry, but I think you need to take a very cold shower, have some beers and relax man, after all you arent the coach nor the GMs of the Bulls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fantasy league or not, he is, with Peja, the best players on the best team in the league. He is a stud. Let me see, we traded him away so Curry could minutes but then we bring in Davis (and his max contract) to teach Curry. Its an oxymoron. and it kills me. If we wanted to have someone around to teach Curry, why not arguably the best pure Center in the NBA today? Ok I know Shaq is the best, but Miller, night to night, might be the best (taking shaqs injuries into account). Miller is a lock for all NBA first or second team. and i for one am sick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,287 Posts
Artest- A lock down defender...has an offensive game...agressive, and full of energy

Miller- A solid contributor and rebounder....best passing bigman in the game

Mercer- Rose jr. did 80% of what Rose did

Ollie- a solid backup

for

Antonio Davis- not much scoring, rebounds, and plays D...will retire soon

JYD- A player full of energy, scores some but not much, rebounds and plays D.

Jefferies- benchwarmer

Say we didnt trade Brand and kept Tyson...Eddy would be a Clipper, than Tyson a Hawkk leaving the Bulls with Elton Brand's Duke teammate Shane Battier. Now no Rose trade....then take Hilario next draft

PG-Kirk Hinrich/Jamal Crawford/Kevin Ollie
SG-Jamal Crawford/Ron Mercer
SF-Ron Artest/Shane Battier
PF-Elton Brand/Nene Hilario/Marcus Fizer
C- Brad Miller/Nene Hilario
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
Although we should recognize Brad Miller improved play, we must say he is part of a very talented team, with guys like Peja, Vlade, Bobby J and Bibby that can open the key, with guys that dont rebound the ball well and he is a good passer himself. Add the fact that Sac-Town loves to run and put up points and its a perfect situation for Brad.
If you could bring him back, he wont be up there behind KG and Duncan. And I think you must breakdown the trade (s) at the very moment that they took place.
At that moment, everyone agreed with Krause that it was in our best interest to trade Brad (who was solid, nothing spectacular) to open a spot for Eddy and his development.

The same thing during the draft. Everyone comes here saying "Why Rashard Lewis wasnt drafted higher?". Why Krause was so ump to pass on Mike Finley? etc

I understand you being hungry, but I think you need to take a very cold shower, have some beers and relax man, after all you arent the coach nor the GMs of the Bulls.
For the record, I was very much against the Rose trade. and i think history proved me right
 

·
X-Mas Taker
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
yahoo fantasy rankings has miller 15th

crawford at 18
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
No. See...we like...had to trade Miller. Because Curry is our center of the future. And we're going to start him and let him learn...and develop him...and...

yeah.

Did you see the game Artest had on Dallas last night? His offense has really come around. He's going to be a top 10 player in this league very soon.

Brand is already.

Can you imagine:
Jamal
Mercer
Artest
Brand
Miller

With Curry or Chandler on the bench.

That would be a hardworking eastern powerhouse. RIGHT NOW.

Artest, Brand, and Miller are all hovering right around top 10 level player. Mercer is solid. And I'd wager playing on this team that Jamal would be all the better for it.
Factor in Robinson and Fizer on the bench with mid-first round picks in 2002 and 2003 added to this mix (maybe not 2003 if we lost it to Houston), and we would be looking at quite a good team. All in all, it is hard to see how this team is any worse than the current Pacers, who I think is turning out to be a team that might compete with the top teams in the West this season.

And all of this is assuming that we don't use the MLE in 2002 or 2003.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!


For the record, I was very much against the Rose trade. and i think history proved me right
Me too, but I dont think we would be much better with Rose at this time. At this point, the Bobcats future looks brighter than the Bulls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by <b>NCBullsFan</b>!


Factor in Robinson and Fizer on the bench with mid-first round picks in 2002 and 2003 added to this mix (maybe not 2003 if we lost it to Houston), and we would be looking at quite a good team. All in all, it is hard to see how this team is any worse than the current Pacers, who I think is turning out to be a team that might compete with the top teams in the West this season.

And all of this is assuming that we don't use the MLE in 2002 or 2003.
damn, this is just sad! Good post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!


Me too, but I dont think we would be much better with Rose at this time. At this point, the Bobcats future looks brighter than the Bulls.
Ouch mate! :no: :no: :no: :no:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
He's using NBA.com's efficency rating formula. Not sure if that's tweaked for fantasy league benefit though.

Last year KG and Duncan were 1+2 also in efficency as well.

Efficiency Formula: ((PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK) - ((FGA - FGM) + (FTA - FTM) + TO)) / G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Re: Re: Oh My!

Originally posted by <b>RoRo</b>!
He's using NBA.com's efficency rating formula. Not sure if that's tweaked for fantasy league benefit though.

Last year KG and Duncan were 1+2 also in efficency as well.

Efficiency Formula: ((PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK) - ((FGA - FGM) + (FTA - FTM) + TO)) / G
Not weird stuff for those who play VirtualGM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Looking at Brad stats during his Bulls tenure, they arent the greatest. Solid. Similar to that of Curry this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
Looking at Brad stats during his Bulls tenure, they arent the greatest. Solid. Similar to that of Curry this year.
we can hope that where curry is at in 3 years is where Miller is at now.

By the way Geoff Petris is an absolute genius
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
I've got my own kind of stat system I've developed and used to rate players and compare them over time (I've got the data going back several seasons), and based on their production this season, the "formaBulls" have quite a nice lineup:

Based on overall rank, I've got Garnett as the pretty clear #1, Duncan, Baron Davis, Kidd, and TMac are 2-5. Ray Allen is 6 and Paul Pierce is 7.

The top ten is rounded out by #8, Brad Miller and #9 Elton Brand as well as Peja at 10.

Artest is 30.

:sigh:

Of the current Bulls, Jamal is 37, Chandler (in his 10 games) is 49, and JYD is 100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,820 Posts
Brad Miller is the best Center the bulls had had for 15 years (Gilmore)

I don't see this fact being eclipsed for a few seasons with current personnel ( assuming no trades )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
Brad Miller is the best Center the bulls had had for 15 years (Gilmore)

I don't see this fact being eclipsed for a few seasons with current personnel ( assuming no trades )
I don't think Krause knew how good Miller could be.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top