Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Hartford’s schedule on their website they have Albany on feb 24 and then UVM on feb 27 & feb 28. Are all those cancelled and I missed something.

·
Super Moderator
6,315 Posts
The league decided that this weekend is going to be the last weekend of the season, and next weekend will be the start of the playoffs, with the pods.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
On Hartford’s schedule on their website they have Albany on feb 24 and then UVM on feb 27 & feb 28. Are all those cancelled and I missed something.
Yes, update from The Commish earlier in the week: regular season ends on Sunday. Tourney now starts as early as next Friday:

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, update from The Commish earlier in the week: regular season ends on Sunday. Tourney now starts as early as next Friday:

I can’t even keep up with pivoting from the most recent pivot. Just going to enjoy whatever I can watch.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I see 4,5,8,9 play in one pod. I assume that would mean Hartford as 4 would play 9 on feb 26 and the winner of that will play the winner of the 5,8 game on the 27th? If so....what a good year to finish 1 or 2 !

how would the 3,6,7 pod work?

so if somehow Hartford wins those two games I assume they play UMBC as the 1,4 game?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
So I see 4,5,8,9 play in one pod. I assume that would mean Hartford as 4 would play 9 on feb 26 and the winner of that will play the winner of the 5,8 game on the 27th? If so....what a good year to finish 1 or 2 !

so if somehow Hartford wins those two games I assume they play UMBC as the 1,4 game?
3/6/7 Pod: the 3 will get a bye, and play the winner of 6/7. So basically imagine a 3/10 game that doesn't happen and the 3 wins.

Like in the usual tourney format, field will be reseeded for the Semis. So Hartford will only play UMBC if UNH also makes it through (to play UVM). If anyone but UNH comes out of that pod, Hartford will play UVM.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts

As far as I understand the 3/ 6-7 pod works as 67 play each other and winner plays 3. As far as the semis, they'll reseed and UMBC will get the lowest seed left (so if it was all chalk, yeah I guess it would be UMBC hartford, But I'll be shocked if that's the case this year).

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3/6/7 Pod: the 3 will get a bye, and play the winner of 6/7. So basically imagine a 3/10 game that doesn't happen and the 3 wins.

Like in the usual tourney format, field will be reseeded for the Semis. So Hartford will only play UMBC if UNH also makes it through (to play UVM). If anyone but UNH comes out of that pod, Hartford will play UVM.
wow 4 was not very advantageous....though as crazy as it is if they can somehow win I get to watch more games which is always a plus. In this crazy of crazy years I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a more balanced conference top to bottom.Who knows how this will play out.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Out of all the teams, Hartford got the worst deal with this whole thing. The good news is that if they do beat Binghamton, the team they play next will also have to play two days in a row and will be doing it after traveling. I’m expecting to see Hartford make the second weekend, although like everything else this season, it will not be easy.

·
Premium Member
33,422 Posts
“Conference is wide-open” might finally be an appropriate statement in 2021 and not either delusional or sand-bagging message board fan talk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts