Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darius miles is the most overrated player in the league...
im sure theres going to be a lot of people disagreeing.. but he hasnt done anything yet...
hes for 4 for 38 from three in his career..
He didnt improve a lick from his rookie year to last year.. so what he can dunk, i bet if ronnie fields was in the nba or melven levett people would be in love with them.. hes gonna take a lot more shots next year and maybe get 15 a game but i guarantee u his %%% from the floor with be below 42.. even though most are dunks and layups..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Dude, I'm totally with you. Remember that a lot of the people on these boards haven't really been watching basketball enough to understand that "the next best thing" NEVER lives up to the hype (with the exception of Kobe Bryant).

Projected stats for Darius Miles next season:

35 minutes/game
42.7 FG%
12.9 points/game
7.2 rebounds/game
1.7 blocks/game

Projected record for the Cavs: 15-67.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by robyg1974
Dude, I'm totally with you. Remember that a lot of the people on these boards haven't really been watching basketball enough to understand that "the next best thing" NEVER lives up to the hype (with the exception of Kobe Bryant).

Projected stats for Darius Miles next season:

35 minutes/game
42.7 FG%
12.9 points/game
7.2 rebounds/game
1.7 blocks/game

Projected record for the Cavs: 15-67.
I think Miles will be a great player in the league...

LMAO at your Cavs Predictions.:laugh: :eek:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Originally posted by devestata

I'd like to say that too, but he really hasn't shown us anything yet. I'm just hoping this year will be Darius's breakout year, so he can show all of his haters that he will be good afterall.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by grizzoistight
Darius miles is the most overrated player in the league...
im sure theres going to be a lot of people disagreeing.. but he hasnt done anything yet...
hes for 4 for 38 from three in his career..
He didnt improve a lick from his rookie year to last year.. so what he can dunk, i bet if ronnie fields was in the nba or melven levett people would be in love with them.. hes gonna take a lot more shots next year and maybe get 15 a game but i guarantee u his %%% from the floor with be below 42.. even though most are dunks and layups..
It usually takes players out of high school 3-4 years to develop. Give the Darius the time and he will produce BIG.

Your Cavs predictions are wrong. The will win at least 20 games

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
You guys have to Remember, he was coming off of the bench, with the Clipps, now that he is expected to start with the Cavs, I'm sure he's gonna improve in all aspects of his game, He's considered overrated now, but we'll see what happens by the end of the year. Cavs fans, you'll see what we've been watching in LA for the past 2 yrs, and you'll see why, we're gonna miss him that much. Darius is on the rise!!! ;) :yes:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well while we're on the subject, someone else who really sucks is Jermaine O'Neal. Thank god Portland got rid of him, I'd hate to see them wasting money on a bad HS player.

Same situation, Miles was buried on the Clips bench, this is his time to shine. And just so I get no smart-*** remarks: I am in no way comparing the skills of Darius Miles to JO, just saying they have the same situations. So let's give him the respect of waiting at least 10 games in to the year before we call him over-rated.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
MAYBE Miles becomes an O'Neal-caliber (Jermaine, not Shaq, that is) player, maybe not--but it won't happen NEXT YEAR, that's for SURE!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Who was O'neal behind on the bench, just Rasheed Wallace, who was Miles behind for some of the year Lamar Odom but who was that other guy when Odom was out, I just can't seem to remember his name. Oh yeah wasn't he brought up from the NBDL, why didn't he start ahead of him and don't tell me it was because he wanted to come in off the bench because that is just BS.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
You're talking about Tremaine Fowlkes. And believe it or not, it was because he was coming off the bench. The Clippers liked what they had with Q and D coming off giving them high energy, it was almost like the bench was a starting lineup in it's own right.

-Tim

·
Registered
514 Posts
If that is truely the case then I feel bad for Clippers fans, I would never in my right mind put the best player on the bench especially behind an NBDL player.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The Clipps needed a 2nd unit (every team does, that's why they call it the bench) Miles & Q were just that.....the bench, considered as the Clipps energy duo, and when they came in, they played for long periods of time. Tremaine Fowlkes.....his strength was defense against the 2 or smaller 3's, By starting Miles off, they didn't want him to get in any foul trouble at all, that was the main concern. By hearing the word BENCH, doesn't mean you suck, Teams just have a way of playing their roster.

·
Registered
514 Posts
So should the Bulls start Bags over Curry to keep Curry out of foul trouble, or how about BlBaxter over Chandler. No you put your best team out there thats gives you a chance to win night in and night out, now who does that better Miles or Fowlkes. I didn't say he sucks I was just saying he isn't going to live up to his hype, he should be an average player and IMO nothing more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You guys hating on Miles ow thta he's with the Cavs are probaly the same guys who were hypin him up when he was with the Clippers. No matter what, Darius will always be more exciting than the extremely boring Andre "Black Stockton" Miller.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would take Miller before I would even think about taking Miles, Miller has shown he knows how to play team basketball, he's a leader, makes good decisions, and he actually plays defense. I know Miles is still young but until he show's these things I would still rather have Miller instead, kind of like the Clippers did.

·
Registered
162 Posts
miles doesnt play defense????? i thought defense was supposed to be on of his strong suits, i mean hes not exactly a lock down defender yet but i thought for someone with 2 years in the league out of HS he was a good defender.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Miles overrated?.....let's wait and see, now that he's a starter

Miles now has the chance to prove to NBA experts & the media, what he's capable of, during this off-season.... he's worked hard by spending more time in the weight rooms and working on his game, he's expectd to be a starter with the Cavs, he should make some big-strides, to judge him as overrated??? let's see how he does in the starting line-up, then we'll know how he's to be judged.

Everyone has their own opinions....of course.
For some to say " I'd take Darius over boring Miller "
What a negative point of view....
Both players will help their teams out greatly...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by devestata

Those Cavs predictions ar right on the money I'd say. Do you really expect Darius Miles to come out and score more than 14ppg?

Here are my projected stats for D. Miles...

2003:
30mpg
13 or 14ppg
7rpg
3apg
2bpg
44%FG

2004:
35mpg
18ppg
8rpg
3apg
2bpg
48%FG

·
Registered
58 Posts
hasn't shown anything? doing 10/6 in limited minutes for a young kid is NOT nothing... Miles came off the bench obviously because they wanted a secondary squad, but more so cuz of his chemistry with Q, and Q came off the bench cuz he ASKED to be. i have watched the clips since back in the day, and obviously seen Miles grow, and i think when people really watch him closely they feel like he just has that 'thing' about him that tells us he's something special.

i for one think he'll have even better stats than 14/7, i mean come on, who else is gonna board on the Cavs? he's one of my fav players, cuz he has a basketball mind and heart. if he doesn't get injured, i see at last 16/9 if not more...

just my thoughts

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!

Those Cavs predictions ar right on the money I'd say. Do you really expect Darius Miles to come out and score more than 14ppg?

Here are my projected stats for D. Miles...

2003:
30mpg
13 or 14ppg
7rpg
3apg
2bpg
44%FG

2004:
35mpg
18ppg
8rpg
3apg
2bpg
48%FG
The Cavs predictions may have been around the right range, but Miles is the star in Cleveland, he'll probably get 16 PPG IMO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts