Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never posted a potential trade before, simply because everyone else does it for me. But a Boston/Chicago scenario intrigues me, particularly when the pieces are Jamal and Jiri.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (5.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.1 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Chris Mills (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 35.1 minutes)
SG Jiri Welsch (8.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.2 apg in 25.7 minutes)
PG Mike James (11.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 4.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

Boston trades: SG Chris Mills (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Boston receives: SF Eddie Robinson (5.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 33 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.4 ppg, -1.1 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Boston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Boston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1432721

Boston can finally get a point and make use of new acquisition Ricky Davis. Pierce, Davis, and Jamal at the 1, 2, and 3. James is obviously expendable and maybe ERob can serve as a legit backup. The Bulls get a legit SG to play alongside Kirk and I believe Mills and James come off the books this summer. Of course, that might be why Ainge balks at this deal, but talent wise it seems fair to me.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Oh I would do it in a hearbeat. Welsch is an excellent shooter. I heard Ainge loves him though so I imagine there is no deal there.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Both teams should do this in a heartbeat. It relieves the Bulls of Robinson's contract, and it rids them of the slight jam at the PG position, replacing Crawford with two good players.

The Celtics would then sport a 1, 2, 3 combo of Crawford, Pierce and Davis...not bad by any stretch. Yeah, Robinson's contract isn't one to be admired, but they already have Baker and LaFrentz on their team.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
A for effort but I don't see why Boston would make such a deal. Welsh is as good, if not better than Crawford right now. James is decent and I don't see the Celts takin on E-Robs deal.

I think I've made one trade proposal on here. It's just damn near next to impossible to find ones that work and make sense for both teams!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's next to impossible to make something work. But with Davis already, they need to get rid of either Davis or Jiri. I think the big hold up is the contract issue here. Boston is adding more contracts when supposedly they were trying to dump. But with Jamal, Davis, Pierce, Raef/Baker/Mihm, they can definitely contend in the East. And maybe O'Brien can whip ERob into shape. Talentwise, I think Jamal actually gets a slight edge simply because Jamal is putting up better offensive numbers, and that's what Pierce desperately needs help with right now.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!
I've never posted a potential trade before, simply because everyone else does it for me. But a Boston/Chicago scenario intrigues me, particularly when the pieces are Jamal and Jiri.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (5.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.1 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Chris Mills (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

Boston trades: SG Chris Mills (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Boston receives: SF Eddie Robinson (5.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 33 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.6 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.4 ppg, -1.1 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Boston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Boston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1432721

Boston can finally get a point and make use of new acquisition Ricky Davis. Pierce, Davis, and Jamal at the 1, 2, and 3. James is obviously expendable and maybe ERob can serve as a legit backup. The Bulls get a legit SG to play alongside Kirk and I believe Mills and James come off the books this summer. Of course, that might be why Ainge balks at this deal, but talent wise it seems fair to me.
Suprisingly long endurance for a virgin. props.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts