Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me he looks fundamentally sound and well drilled. He looks focused and well aware of where he is on court, where he is supposed to be and what he is supposed to do, which are all good for team harmony and chemistry.

However, he is not the saviour of this team and will be more of a role player. He does not exhibit much leadership, which is disappointing.

Please don't be another bust... PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm hoping for a non bust too, toe. I dont think he will need to be the leader though. I see Jrich moving into that role honestly. All Dunleavy (or whoever they draft) will need to do is dish and drain. If you have someone who can shoot and pass, that will give JRich and Twan all kinds of openings and we all know what they can do given a little space. I honestly dont know if Dunleavy is the answer but I know he can shoot and he knows how to play basketball. I dont know too much about gooden or butler so maybe you guys are right. I wish the draft was tomorrow.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Twan is the leader of the team. He's a good leader except others refused to follow the leader. Did anyone catch Antoine Walker yelling at his team during the Eastern Conference Finals when they were down by 20 pts after 3 and came back and won? Twan needs to act like that, and others need to acknowledge that he is the leader. Butler looks like a good follower. Dunleavy looks like the type to rebel against the leader. And yeah I see another Danny Ferry.

The best move the Warriors could do is get Butler, who I think may turn the team around himself. Or...draft Gooden, he will definatlely be dedicated to this team (hometown kid).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Jason Caffeine
Twan is the leader of the team. He's a good leader except others refused to follow the leader. Did anyone catch Antoine Walker yelling at his team during the Eastern Conference Finals when they were down by 20 pts after 3 and came back and won? Twan needs to act like that, and others need to acknowledge that he is the leader. Butler looks like a good follower. Dunleavy looks like the type to rebel against the leader. And yeah I see another Danny Ferry.

The best move the Warriors could do is get Butler, who I think may turn the team around himself. Or...draft Gooden, he will definatlely be dedicated to this team (hometown kid).
Oh, I wasn't aware the Gooden was a hometown kid. Sucks being in Australia as you don't get to know all this stuff.

If that's the case, could we trade down and get him later, or isn't that worth the risk?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts