Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,166 Posts
There is already a thread close to this. Here was my response

Trade Miles and Theo to NY for Rose and #21.

Trade Zach, Skinner, Dixon and #21 along with next years pick to Indiana for Jermaine Oneal

Trade Blake and Outlaw to NOK for #16ish

That gives Portland picks 1, 16, 30 ish

Draft

1. Morrison/Noah if he comes out

2. O'Bryant/Williams/Brewer depending on who goes number 1

3. Pittsnogle/Boone

Those would be my picks. I realize they might not all be available when we select.

That gives us potentialy

Oneal/O'Bryant/Ha
Khryapa/Pittsnogle
Morrison/Rose/Khryapa
Webster/Rose
Telfair/Jack

Or something like

Oneal/Boone
Noah/Khryapa/Boone
Rose/Khryapa/Brewer
Webster/Rose
Telfair/Jack

Whatever. Anyway I think both those teams are extremely more competetive than the team this year. Much better defensively, and much better in terms of players with good "motors"

· Registered
11,166 Posts
YardApe said:
I think it's a huge mistake to get rid of Jack. I'd keep Blake and Jack move Telfair back east. You don't trade a big strong PG like Jack for an undersized defensive liabilty like Telfair. Have we learned nothing from the Damon years? Sure Telfair can pass like crazy and he's super quick but so was Damon and he had a better shot. The problem is when the games on the line taller PG's will post Telfair up and abuse him and get the foul. With Jack they'll look to pass. I'd keep Blake cause he'll work so damn hard just to be in the league that effort will never be in question. I'd say the same for Jack. You see how both Jack and Blake are always looking to Nate to learn? That's a good sign!

As for Darius, ZBO, Theo, Dixon and Joel I think move them and don't look back. Low IQ or injury prone does not make for a good team.

Keep Outlaw, Webster, Jack, Blake, Skinner then hit the free agent market and the draft.

The same argument could made as to why to keep Blake, an average NBA player over his career over a young player that has shown glimpses of being very good. Telfair by the way is not the defensive liability people accuse him of. He won't make the all defensive team anytime soon, but he works hard to stay in front of his man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.