Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How tall is Okafor really? Watching him today on TV, I thought he was shorter, but he looks like he might be a legitimate 6'11" ... right? wrong?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
He looks like 6'8-6'9 at the most to me.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I'm not sure, but he's taller than I thought. He looks about 6'10''-6'11'' to me. Can he play Center in the NBA? :gopray:

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
He's very "long" as the announcers on Draft Day will say about 20 times. He can probably make up for his lack of hight by playing bigger than he is. Hell, Ben Wallace is 6'7''.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
he looked 6ft9 to me maybe 6ft 10 but i doubt it

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!

do they not have the pick if its the first?
They do... but if it's the first, I like Dwight Howard. Alot. He has #1 scorer potential, is a good character guy, and is from the ATL. It would not be difficult for the Hawks PR to hype him up

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Emeka is very solid. Very solid. The dude has improved a bunch just over the course of the 1 calendar year. He is an athletic, agile, strong, big man, and I think he will be very good in the NBA. If he was to get a consistent 15 foot jump shot, he could be very damn good in the NBA.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!

They do... but if it's the first, I like Dwight Howard. Alot. He has #1 scorer potential, is a good character guy, and is from the ATL. It would not be difficult for the Hawks PR to hype him up
good call

·
Registered
700 Posts
hi

Mek is about 1/2" shorter than Charlie....so if you believe Charlie is 6'11", then Mek is about 6'10". Other day before the game against GTown, he went around the 3 point arc from side to side and missed 2 shots out of ~12-15shots. He doesn't go out there, or even from 12 feet, that much because he doesn't have to at this point in his career. Also, while he does struggle at times from the free throw line, he has the stroke. His stroke also looks fairly consistent from the FT line. His percent is lower than it should be because he goes through streaks where he'll loose it for 3-4 shots in a row then he'll hit the next 4 in a row cleanly.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think he is somewhere between 6'9 and 6'10 w/ shoes. Most places have him listed at 6'9 and a couple at 6'10. His NBA position is PF, but will likely play a lot of center because of his shotblocking abilities. PF or C, I think he will be an impact NBA player.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Emeka Okafor has the defensive presence of Ben Wallace and an extremely skilled offensive game as well. If he plays in the east, I'm sure he would be able to play center effectively, but he would probably end up playing PF in the west, which he would still probably excell at.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think he'll be more of a Kenyon Martin type player, without the attitude.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think that okafor will definitely have to play a power forward and i think he would make a great fit with the charlotte bobcats in the upcoming draft

1 - 20 of 20 Posts