Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pathetic first half showing by Nebraska. Nice outside shooting by OU. Then we hold OU scoreless for almost 10 minutes (?) and still lose. THey had 8 points in the first 16 minutes of the 2nd half and we lose.

I think Nebraska is going to have a new coach after this year. Who would you guys recommend? I'm feeling Matt Doherty would be a nice match.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think Collier is doing a good job. He just hasn't had the talent. They have more talent now. But are probably still few good players away though.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I really don't think Nebraska should fire their coach. True they lost to games they should;ve won, but they are leaps and bounds from the past two seasons since Cookie Beltcher left the team.

Can you say fire Frank Solich? The AD should be fired if he fires the basketball coach too. Solich had a solid season winning 9 games and going to a bowl game for another season

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every win is a must win for the Sooners. If I were a Sooner fan I would be breathing a huge sigh right now.

This Sooner team is showing some big heart since the 4 game losing streak and proving that pride and good coaching = wins. I hate the Sooners and much as anyone, but I do like seeing how they are fighting this season. They are really an extension of thier gritty, tough coach.

Only problem is that they now come into a really tough stretch.

They had better beat Iowa State at home coming up next. Because here the remainder of thier schedule

02/04 Iowa St ( 63 13-4 ) [ 68 71.5 - 66.2]
02/08 at Texas ( 13 14-3 ) [ 13 63.5 - 76.5]
02/11 Texas Tech ( 23 16-4 ) [ 41 62.4 - 65.0]
02/14 at Texas A&M (224 7-10 ) [ 68 74.6 - 69.3]
02/16 Oklahoma St ( 12 15-2 ) [ 36 62.8 - 66.9]
02/21 Texas ( 13 14-3 ) [ 36 68.0 - 72.1]
02/25 at Colorado ( 58 12-6 ) [ 33 64.2 - 69.2]
02/29 at Kansas ( 26 13-4 ) [ 16 60.0 - 71.3]
03/03 Texas A&M (224 7-10 ) [ 90 79.0 - 64.8]
03/06 Baylor (352 6-13 ) [ 96 74.7 - 54.3]

They will probably not be favored in 6 of thier remaining games. I'll be interested to see how Kelvin pull these guys to together the rest of the season. OU is down this year w/o Bookout, but are still in my mind a dangerous team for the rest of the league and I look for them to upset a few teams. (Please, don't let it be my Cowboys)

·
Registered
398 Posts
The way I see it win your home games if you are Oklahoma. If you beat Colorado, A&M, KU, Texas, or more than one of those on the road then you are suddenly in the race for a top 4 seed. Maybe a top 5 seed. Cause essientially the top 5 seeds get bye weeks the first round. Of Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, none of these teams are really head and shoulders better than the other teams. So I think all the games in the Big 12 are winnable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are just saying that so you'll continue to have easy wins against the Huskers! :)

Do you guys really think Nebraska has improved that much since Collier has come aboard? I know Danny Nee had let the discipline get WAY out of hand, but he at least had flashes of success. I didn't like him one bit though.

We do have a couple of solid recruits for next year (who ever knows for sure though?) and a project, with one open scholie left. I like Collier, but this team is hurting right now confidence-wise. I just don't think he boosts them up enough. I know they have to get tough, but they need to be encouraged too.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Danny Nee was a good recruiter but he was one of the worst bench coaches in the conference IMO. A lot like Snyder except Snyder has a lot more talent at Mizzou.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Husker4theSpurs</b>!
You guys are just saying that so you'll continue to have easy wins against the Huskers! :)

Do you guys really think Nebraska has improved that much since Collier has come aboard? I know Danny Nee had let the discipline get WAY out of hand, but he at least had flashes of success. I didn't like him one bit though.

We do have a couple of solid recruits for next year (who ever knows for sure though?) and a project, with one open scholie left. I like Collier, but this team is hurting right now confidence-wise. I just don't think he boosts them up enough. I know they have to get tough, but they need to be encouraged too.
I think to give COllier a year or two more before letting him go

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NickZepp</b>!
Of Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, none of these teams are really head and shoulders better than the other teams.
I think Texas, Oklahoma State and Kansas are the top tier, and Texas Tech will probably fade a bit with their tough schedule. Oklahoma will be lucky to finish top 4 in league, IMO.

This is how I see it panning out:

1-3. Kansas/OSU/Texas (variable)
4. Texas Tech
5-6. Oklahoma/Mizzou (variable)
7. Iowa State
8. Colorado
9-12: KSU/Nebraska/aTm/Baylor

·
Registered
398 Posts
You could be right. But I don't think of the top 3 in the Big 12 as that much better then the next 2 or 3. Just like I don't think of the top 5 or so in the country as that much better then the bottom of the top 25. That's the great thing about College Basketball right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts