Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should the Cavs give either of these guys a shot? Cook, a PG in last year's draft and Grizzard a SG/SF from this year's draft?

I'd give Cook a shot, but I do hope we give Smush a real good chance too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mike: you have good question and I couldn't leave you hanging with no response forever. Onto the subject:

Omar Cook -- No. I think they have too much raw potential at the point right now that there is no need to add to the list, they'll end up cutting at least 1 PG anyway.

Grizzard - Yes, definatly. I think he would fall mid first round in the draft this year (2003 Draft). I like Grizzard a lot and when the Cavs were on the clock in June I was hoping they would take either Boozer or Grizzard. Also, I think he would fill a need at 2/3 since they don't have a whole lot of depth behind Wags and Davis. He also fits the mold of the new-look Cavs being young, exciting, and bulging with potential.

GO CAVS :rbanana: :banana: :rbanana: :banana:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,

you're right.... Smush and Palacio, and Johnson (?) are raw enough.... I liked Omar as a chance pick tho, and I felt the same about Grizzard. Guess the only problem is, is that most of the roster spots and IR spots are full.... not a lot of room to stash Grizzard and let him get his game back.... but what the heck.... why shouldn't Cleveland give him a chance?

Z, Diop, Mihm
Hill, Stewart, Boozer
Miles, Jones
Davis, Wagner
Bimbo, Smush

IR: Matt Barnes, Milt, GRIZZARD?

Who am I forgetting? Or who should be/not be on IR?

by the way.... aren't you glad you are not a Knick fan? Man, and I was hoping that we could've swung a deal with Den to get McDyess! Shows you what I know!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Mr Grizzard

just got cut from the ATL too.... so he must just not be fully recovered yet.... too bad, because so often for fringe type players, they only get one or two shots to make a team... and then they end up in the CBA or Europe and are basically never heard from again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts