Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20/20 on 910, they said we signed Omar for the remainder of the season.

Hmmm, Gill and Cook both signed for the remainder of the season, could there be a trade brewing?

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Very very odd indeed, although it could be that they simply have been impressed by him enough to simply decide to pick him up here on out.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
YES!!!

:rbanana: :banana: :vbanana: :bbanana: :gbanana: :wbanana: :cbanana:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I sure don't understand this! Bringing in PG's in the past has really bothered Damon and his play. Unless Damon is being traded I don't see how this will work for very long.

BTW- Lakota are you a Nole?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Good for Cook, and hopefully good for Portland. I was excited by what I saw in his first game, and I hope he keeps getting an opportunity to make things happen...

Ed O.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
I sure don't understand this! Bringing in PG's in the past has really bothered Damon and his play. Unless Damon is being traded I don't see how this will work for very long.

if Damon feels threatened by the signing of CBA and NBDL scrubs, what would that say about him?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Terrible- No im not a nole, I just found that avatar cuse I thought it looked nice, and pluse im native american (hence the "Lakota" in my name)

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Assuming the Blazers were talking to Gill but had to sign Cook to stay out of trouble with the Players' Union until Gill signed, it would have made sense to let Cook play out his 10-day contract before deciding whether to sign him or not.

But signing him now makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if the Blazers are keeping Damon. He's gonna go on a full-tilt Alpha Male wig-out spree with all this competition for his spot. Ergo...

...them trade winds are a-blowin'.

PBF

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Omar is ready to shine. He's going to do great, and he'll be the starter before the season ends, just wait and see. I've been waiting forever since he was at christ the king. Him taliek brown, and andre barrett all graduated (hs) the same time, and omar was always deemed the best of the 3, then he fell off the face of the earth with taliek is anchoring one of the top teams in the NCAA, but omar is back.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>knickstorm</b>!
Omar is ready to shine. He's going to do great, and he'll be the starter before the season ends, just wait and see. I've been waiting forever since he was at christ the king.
OT: Reminds me of one of my favorite "bloopers" on a list I have of actual printed announcements in church bulletins. Some day I'll share some more of these with you. For now, enjoy this one:

"Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 PM in the recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King."

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
oh my.. that is so strange to see :eek:

·
Registered
762 Posts
if Damon feels threatened by the signing of CBA and NBDL scrubs, what would that say about him?
Wanker that is what I've been thinking forever when I read these posts about poor Damon's ego.

·
Registered
540 Posts
he'll be the starter before the season ends

He'll probably deserve to be a starter but I doubt he'll start.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
RG, I'm not worried about poor Damon's ego, I'm worried he'll poisen the rest of the team with it!
I have to imagine that's going to be a tough sell....

Let's see. One point guard who passes the ball quickly, often and to spots where I can do something with it or

another point guard who looks for his own shot first, passes when in trouble and struggles to make a post entry pass.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Bump

As ABM has questioned?

There seemed to only be speculation by 910 the fan..

does anyone have a link to a signing beyond his 10 day contract?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts