Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow! Another no call may have just caused a team a game in the Pistons vs. Cavs game. I just made a post a couple days ago about crunch time. I just cant believe there was no call- he got hit by two guys.

These referees are ridiculous

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
another event like this is a pistons game...anyway i just saw the score and thank god the cavs won

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
well...........

the Pistons, mainly Wallace, weren't called for anything the entire game. Wallace was hacking away.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
well...........

the Pistons, mainly Wallace, weren't called for anything the entire game. Wallace was hacking away.
I agree, of course I'm biased. However the refs did not determine the outcome of that game. Frankly they weren't calling much in the fourth quarter.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
puhleeze. That was not a foul. Billups jumped into the Cavs players trying to get a bailout foul. Glad the refs didn't give it to him.

That charging foul on Wagner where Sura fell down before Wagner even go to the space was beyond pathetic.

Both teams played hard. It was ugly pistons style ball, and the Cavs won it.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The goaltending call was the call that decided the game. I did not think it was a foul against Billups.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
well i know Raps vs Lakers we were screwed when VC drove to the net, was slaped across the face almost and no call

coaches should be able to challenge plays

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>froggyvk</b>!
The goaltending call was the call that decided the game. I did not think it was a foul against Billups.
Exactly, this was the bad call of the night. Billups of all people should know you can't rely on refs to bail you out, he should've justy shot. Speaking of hacks, Ilgauskus was the biggest one on the court tonight.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
They let a lot go, but Elden Campbell was called for a foul every time he dropped his hands below his shoulders. There were several times when he grabbed the ball, Ilgauskas ripped it away, and some how EC got a foul.

Chauncey didn't get fouled at the end, he didn't even get touched. He pump faked, got Mcinnis in the air, pivoted, and put up an awkward looking shot because he didn't have his feet under him and was trying to shoot around an airborn Mcinnis. Had he jumped into him Reggie Miller style and actually made contact I think he would have gotten the call considering Mcinnis left his feet.

That call wasn't really an issue. More like the goal tending called on EC with around 2 minutes left. It was tough to call at game speed, but when it's that close and the refs really can't tell they need to just swallow their whistle and let them play instead of guessing. There was noway the ref could have known if the ball touched backboard before EC got it (and replays showed it didn't), he just guessed and that is what's wrong.

If you want to complain about something, a better target is the NBA scheduling department for making the Pistons play 4 games in 5 nights, and never in the same town 2 nights in a row.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
another event like this is a pistons game...anyway i just saw the score and thank god the cavs won
Cavs now 19-29
Miami 21-28

Not a good sign especially when we have tought games; i rather see them lossing (Cavs) .

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
I've stated a million times that there should be computer referees.
and robot players. (psycho) j/k

but they're screwing up bad.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
I've stated a million times that there should be computer referees.

Put sensors in the jerseys like fencing?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
This wasn't a foul.

To reiterate what's been said, the bad call came with roughly one minute left where Elden Campbell was whistled for goaltending. But, that didn't decide the game as the Pistons had other chances.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Actually I thought that the goaltending call was a good call initially. It wasn't until they showed it in slow motion that it was proven to be a bad call. Very tough call for the refs.

Not even Billups thought it was a foul at the end however.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MiamiHeat03</b>!

Cavs now 19-29
Miami 21-28

Not a good sign especially when we have tought games; i rather see them lossing (Cavs) .
yea...but the pistons deserved to lose and i wanted them to esp after they lucked away with our game...and the heat have the easiest schudule left...no west road games and the least road games left

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The OUTLAW</b>!
Actually I thought that the goaltending call was a good call initially. It wasn't until they showed it in slow motion that it was proven to be a bad call. Very tough call for the refs.
All people ask is that when it's too close for a ref to call that they swallow their whistle instead of just flat out guessing.

but the pistons deserved to lose and i wanted them to esp after they lucked away with our game...
:rolleyes:

Keep telling yourself that.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts

yea...but the pistons deserved to lose and i wanted them to esp after they lucked away with our game...and the heat have the easiest schudule left...no west road games and the least road games left
How did the Pistons luck out with the win over Miami? You guys lost plain and simple. That "foul" on Haslem, did not affect the game all that much seeing that Miami kept possession of the ball and had another chance to score a bucket. If Eddie Jones wasn't scared to take the last shot , instead opting to give the ball to Skip, you guys would've had a better shot.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
players need to stop trying to draw a foul with seconds left and instead try and get spacing for an open look. The refs aren't there to bail you out. I'm sick of watching guys fling themselves into people with 3 seconds left and then cry and complain when they don't get the call.

They don't even do that in college.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts