Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richard Joseph "Dick the Knick" McGuire (7-time all-star) was born on this date in 1926. His Knicks made it to the NBA Finals 3 straight seasons but never managed to get over that hump. He was one of those rare athletes who spent most of his playing life in the same city. He attended La Salle Academy in Manhattan, St. John's University in Queens, and then played 8 seasons for the New York Knicks in the NBA.

Today in 1986, Manute Bol became the second player (along with Elmore Smith) to ever record 15 blocks in an NBA game since the stats began getting recorded in 1973. Since then, only Shaquille O'Neal has matched that feat. Shaq actually had 24-28-3-1-15 in that game!

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I think I remember that Shaq game. Surprised Shawn Bradley never got 15 blocks. I remember him getting over 10 a couple times I watched unless I'm just making shit up in my head.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Only 1 FTA in that game for Shaq.... ONE!? That is an crazy game. Good lord. Where is that dude who hates on bigs? How crappy of a player is Shaq?

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only 1 FTA in that game for Shaq.... ONE!? That is an crazy game. Good lord. Where is that dude who hates on bigs? How crappy of a player is Shaq?
You think that's crazy? Take a look at Manute's sparsely populated statline from that 15 block game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts